12th May 2015
LANDED..........
15th August 2015

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Guys,

I just received a mail (not email) dated Aug 8 saying that CIC have received my application on May 21 2019.

i was able to find my application on ecas, shows in progress
but i was not able to link it to my CIC account, any tips?
when i try to link to CIC account, it ask for last name, is this my last name, or is this the applicant's last name? I am sponsoring my parents, and used my mom as the main applicant, therefore the answer would be different.

also the last question asks how many ppl are there in this application? does this number including me (the sponsor) and my husband (the co sponsor)?
Link application to mycic . Count family member with formula= sponsor + if co-signer + PA + If dep

Reactions: SharleenALEX

SharleenALEX

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Link application to mycic . Count family member with formula= sponsor + if co-signer + PA + If dep

thank you very much,,, i linked!

it says estimated remaining processing time is 22 months, is this serious:confused:

DarKnight

Feb 26, 2011
Not sure if this has been asked before or not, but for people whose Parents are in Canada and for whom attaining PCC can take longer than 30 days as they are not in their home country...

- Can they apply for PCC ahead of time before IRCC requests for it (as it is valid for 6 months)?
or
- They should not apply for PCC yet, as it has to be dated after IRCC requests it?

If someone has any knowledge or experience about this, please share as it will be useful for a lot of people here.

Last edited:
Reactions: SharleenALEX

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Not sure if this has been asked before or not, but for people whose Parents are in Canada and for whom attaining PCC can take longer than 30 days as they are not in their home country...

- Can they apply for PCC ahead of time before IRCC requests for it (as it is valid for 6 months)?
or
- They should not apply for PCC yet, as it has to be dated after IRCC requests it?

If someone has any knowledge or experience about this, please share as it will be useful for a lot of people here.
Yes you can apply ahead. But submit only after CIC request .

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Reactions: Roya-FSW

SharleenALEX

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.

or

wait, the PCC is only valid for 6 months? where can i verify this info?
I found this online

"Police clearance certificates are valid for one year from the date they were issued. However, police clearance certificates from the country in which you currently reside have to have been issued within six months from when you submit your application for permanent residence."

so the PCC for my parents are dated Jan 18 2019, this means it's valid until Jan 18 2020.
submission time of my application ( is this AOR time or the time I mailed the application out?)

Last edited:

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Mine says “your application is in process. We will let you know when we start your background check”
Ok, thanks for getting back. I was wondering since you guys were the first ones that get SA from CPC Mississauga, if they have started your background check. Mine says the same.