+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Include affidavit and explanation letter and copy of your indian passport where is shows your parents name.
Is there any other document which can show your relationship to Parents?. If not then they should accept copy of canceled indian Passport. But it is better to contact them and confirm.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think this was answered already but couldn’t find it, sorry: for the principal applicant’s passport: does one have to give all pages or only the first couple with the picture/ personal details?
First and Last page where Document ID, Picture, Name and address is printed. If there is any Visa on other page which shows visa stamps then include those.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

Darjeeling_Man

Star Member
Dec 29, 2018
Toronto
No email yet.
Did anyone get a chance to contact IRCC regarding no invitation email received ?
Looks like they'll send out the remaining on Monday. I don't believe they send out on evenings/ nights/ weekends, because they probably have someone overseeing the deployment. They could have set their email deployment platform it to auto-send but given the critical nature of this communication, they prefer to have eyes on it.
Don't worry, it'll come if you're invited on their website. Counting 60 days from Monday takes you to June 28, which is the date they mention as the deadline on the website.

babin13

May 31, 2018
Grandmother and mother should be two separate applications. Did you submit 2 separate invitations originally? They are adults so only spouse and children under 22 would be included together.
Hi there, I only submitted one invitation for both of them (I put both of their names on same interest form). That's why I am not sure if I need to fill out 1 for each person since I only receive one invitation,

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Hi there, I only submitted one invitation for both of them (I put both of their names on same interest form). That's why I am not sure if I need to fill out 1 for each person since I only receive one invitation,
I m honestly not interested in this question as I m sponsoring only my mom but just out of curiosity, let us know when you figure out you needed to submit one or two interest forms to sponsor your parents and grandparents

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
No email yet.
Did anyone get a chance to contact IRCC regarding no invitation email received ?
Yes on Twitter they said it will take few days to send invitations and once invitations are done and we still dint receive the email we have to contact them to check.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
hi all is it a must to submit translation from a certified translator? My brother who graduated from US university translated the marriage certificate for my parents and scan over to us here, will that works?

redmonkey1995

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Tips to avoid delays or problem with PGP application:

• Photos must be taken from a COMMERCIAL studio and must have all the details required at the back of photos. Photo self printed will not be accepted and will be returned.
  • Photoshopped photos will not be accepted
  • Any modification even if minor will results in rejection
  • Photo must have white background and without any gloss, face must be center, no smiling or open mouth
  • Photo cannot have face bigger than 26mm or less than 21mm from chin to crown, if not fit it will be returned
  • Non English copies of documents must be translated into English or French by a certified translator or by anyone who know the language BUT must accompany by an affidavit for oath from a commissioner of oath or a notary public.
  • Non English Documents must be certified true copy by a notary public
  • Place the bar codes pages after the invitation letter but before the check list
  • Spouse must sign application if applicable
  • DO NOT STAPLE, they will scan documents by machine, staple it will delay the process and likely put you at the back of the stack
  • WRITE IN BLACK INK, no BLUE INK, it is stated in the reference guide
  • DO NOT include police certificates or any other non required documents
  • You can include tax information such as Option C print out even if click YES to give IRCC authorization to access your tax information BUT it must be at the bottom of the stack separate completely from the main form
  • Signature from Parents MUST be real signature from them, faked signature resulted in refusal of application altogether
  • Make sure you read the guide and double check every single details, a lot of details can be easily overlooked and IRCC only acknowledge the application in 2-3 months so you will not have time to resubmit if it is returned
  • This is a GOLDEN, DIAMOND or whatever most precious opportunity for family to reunite, do not waste a spot by careless mistake!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

yycpam

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hey everyone, hoping someone can help. I don't remember when I got my Canadian citizenship, but my citizenship card says 2011-08. I know my swearing in was after that, so would it be okay to input 2011-08-01?

taimurkhantk

Apr 27, 2019
Hi Everyone.

I didnt recieve an invitation yet but i checked my confirmation number and it is there on the invitation confirmation list on cic's web page. Should i wait for the invitation to apply or just go ahead, fill out the forms and apply.

Thankl You.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Guys, what do you think the processing times will be for us as this time they have over 20k applications?
Last year they have processed nearly 17K applications.
I think if they ask for 20K application then they have capacity to process them as well.
average time as per CIC website is 20 to 24 months.
Figures crossed.

I wish everyone to have their parents in Canada with them ASAP :)

Le_Ame

Feb 1, 2019
Hey, I'll appreciate an advice.

If my Mom lives here for 1year+ on parents visa and planning to live during the next 2 years.

What should I put as her home address:
1. Canadian address?
2. Luxemburg (as a home address)?

Any link to the government site?

Thanks!