+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi IRCC emailed me to confirm that they received application and they also mentioned the importance of completing Representative form. I am confused - I am the sponsor and helped my parents in the process of application such as filling in forms, and I assume that for any progress notification in the future, IRCC will email me. But in the email it sounds like if I dont fill in Representative form, IRCC will contact "applicant" directly only, do it mean that they will email to my parents, not me? If we help our parents with application, do we need to submit Representative form as well?

Thanks very much!
If you haven’t provided them a signed “use of representative” form, then they will contact on the email/mailing address that you provided for your parents.
If you have assigned yourself as their representative with a completed/signed use of rep. form, then you will receive all the correspondence on their behalf.

Jul 26, 2019
Hi,
Are all applications being processed in Ottawa or they send them to respective visa offices ?
As timelines for each visa office will differ, right ?
Please advice..

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hello,
I have a question to ask. Please can someone provide a clarification if AoR is received by the sponsor or the principal applicant? Is it sent by an email or regular mail to sponsor or principal applicant?
Thanks!!

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
@YULIA-2016
@robertp

Can you please add me in the tracker?
  • Line # in tracker: New Entry
  • Sponsored People: Mom only
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Province: ON
  • Invitations Receive Date: APRIL 24, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: MAY 23, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsor ship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:

Reactions: idefix and robertp

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello,
I have a question to ask. Please can someone provide a clarification if AoR is received by the sponsor or the principal applicant? Is it sent by an email or regular mail to sponsor or principal applicant?
Thanks!!
If provided email, to PA email

If sponsor is representing, sponsor's email.

If no email provided, by mail

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Any update/progress to those who were requested some docs? I noticed in the tracker there's no movement for those people. I'm on the same boat, so please shed some spark of hope!
I believe the queue reset to the date the application become completed, so which mean need to wait a bit more, nonetheless we are all in the systems and will be processed within 20-24 months to completion

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
One enquiry from the senior members, Biometrics can be done if the parents have visitor visa for USA ?
thanks
Don't tell the border agent that you go to USA for biometrics, you can go there for a shopping/sight seeing/family visit trip and then you can do biometrics at the same time, it is not an illegal or prohibit activities in the US and you are allowed to do so on a visitor visa

Reactions: geol

gestacio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
I believe the queue reset to the date the application become completed, so which mean need to wait a bit more, nonetheless we are all in the systems and will be processed within 20-24 months to completion
Oh that's too sad to hear...so that means, we're way, way down the queue. I guess it pays to have been so meticulous with the forms, rather than target to send the application asap. Lesson learned--the hard way.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Oh that's too sad to hear...so that means, we're way, way down the queue. I guess it pays to have been so meticulous with the forms, rather than target to send the application asap. Lesson learned--the hard way.
Many ppl had it both as shown in the tracker