+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rnts

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Money is one part but delaying the process is more concern to me ,one of my friend did at other doctor in GTA and his Medical is already passed took only 3 days
Hi, My father did his medical on early week of June (in Canada) for the visitor visa extension(visitor record). He is in Canada with supervisa and got stamped during Canada immigration for 6 months by CBSA. we did a visitor extension for another 1.5 years and it was approved on June , 2019. However, I applied for his PGP as well and both SA and PA status is showing application received on May 15. Now my question is, does he need to do his medical for PGP again as he did his last medical for visitor record on 1st week of June?

@YULIA-2016
@robertp
2019 PGP Timeline:
Sponsored people: Father
Citizenship: Bangladesh
Province: AB
May 15th, 2019 Application received
July 17th, 2019 ECAS- Application received
July 20th, 2019 Application linked
July 20th, 2019 AOR received

Reactions: robertp

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Hi, My father did his medical on early week of June (in Canada) for the visitor visa extension(visitor record). He is in Canada with supervisa and got stamped during Canada immigration for 6 months by CBSA. we did a visitor extension for another 1.5 years and it was approved on June , 2019. However, I applied for his PGP as well and both SA and PA status is showing application received on May 15. Now my question is, does he need to do his medical for PGP again as he did his last medical for visitor record on 1st week of June?

2019 PGP Timeline:
I think medical is always required for PR application.

Reactions: rnts

ihg

May 9, 2019

2019 PGP Timeline:
I don't think he will need the medical again . You are good

jasperhere

Jul 17, 2019
@YULIA-2016
@robertp

Could you please add me in the tracker
  • Line # in tracker: New Entry
  • Sponsored People: MOM (Only)
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: China
  • Province: BC
  • Invitations Receive Date: APRIL 26, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: MAY 15, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): NO AOR EMAIL YET
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: Application Received
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsor ship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update: unable to link yet.
I cannot access to Ecas until this morning. Anyway, feel quite relieved. I was going to call CIC today, and now I don't need to:)

@OKTree you mean weren't able to see your ECAS status yesterday? Only today you can see your application details in ECAS right?

Also did you use your UCI number to see details in ECAS or your parents/principal applicant's UCI?

Thanks

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
I don't think he will need the medical again . You are good
I am afraid this MAY not correct.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=381&top=29

Do I need a medical exam to apply for permanent residence, if I’ve already had one for my permit?
Yes. Even if you had a medical exam previously, all applicants for permanent residence must have a medical exam.

A medical exam is needed to make sure that:

• you pose no health risk to the Canadian public and
  • neither you nor a family member will place too much demand on Canada’s health, education and social systems.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
So happy for you guys who are having so much progress in your application, but kinda frustrated at the same time that CIC seems halt on processing applications after mid-May:(

Yesterday I gave CIC a call again...another 28min wait time. Came across a really nice lady who told me my files are still in perspective stage.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@redmonkey1995 Hi, Can you please what is written in your pre-arrival letter?
General template of pre arrival letter looks something like this:

UCI xxxx-xxxx

Hello, We are pleased to inform you that you, your xxxxxx can now receive free pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada. These services are available before you arrive and are meant to better prepare you for life in Canada. Pre-arrival services are provided on behalf of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) by settlement service provider organizations.

These service providers offer free information to help you with:
• Living and working in Canada;
• Getting your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connecting with employers, and with free supports when you arrive in Canada, including language training; and
• Connecting with others in your new community, including French-speaking communities.

If you are outside Canada, we strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services before you leave. We encourage you to explore the list of services on the IRCC website:
canada.ca/pre-arrival-services. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arriv al-services&utm_medium=short-url&utm_campaign=general

When you register for pre-arrival services with one of the service providers listed on the website, you will be asked to provide a copy of this letter. You can contact as many service providers as you like and receive as many services as you need, and these services are always at no cost to you.

You are also encouraged to take advantage of free Government of Canada resources available online, such as Welcome to Canada, the official handbook to help permanent residents prepare to come and settle in Canada. The handbook is available at cic.gc.ca/publications

Canada is a bilingual country where both English and French are spoken. If you are interested in living in a French-speaking community outside Quebec, please visit
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/francophone.asp

For up-to-date information on immigration, settlement services and citizenship, we invite you to join us on Facebook (Facebook.com/CitCanada) and follow us on Twitter (Twitter.com/CitImmCanada).

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Reactions: Canada_Super

OKTree

Jan 15, 2019
@OKTree you mean weren't able to see your ECAS status yesterday? Only today you can see your application details in ECAS right?

Also did you use your UCI number to see details in ECAS or your parents/principal applicant's UCI?

Thanks
Yeah, I checked last night at ~11:00 pm PST and got nothing. This morning I checked again, around 6:00, and both SA and PA said application received on May 15th. But I cannot link my application yet (and I haven't received any AOR email)...

Thanks