+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Mr.A is in Canada from 1 year(P.R) her wife is also P. R from 8 years... Can Mr. A sponser his parents in PGP 2020 with wife as co signer to full fill 3 year income... Or it's compulsory for Mr. A to earn 3 years before sponsoring....
As per the CIC guide both sponsor and co-signer need to provide 3 year income proofs, here is the extract from guide:

May I have a co-signer?
Your spouse or common-law partner may be a co-signer on the sponsorship application, regardless of how long you have been married. Your combined gross income may help you meet the income requirements. You and your co-signer must each provide proof of income from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the 3 consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of the sponsorship application.

The co-signer must:

• meet the same eligibility requirements as the sponsor;
  • agree to co-sign the undertaking;
  • agree to be responsible for the basic requirements of the person you want to sponsor and their family members for the validity period of the undertaking.
The co-signer will be equally liable if obligations are not performed.

Reactions: #EEC

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Hi,
How can I link my GCKey to my parents AOR. When I entered my mom information, they cannot find the application to link it. ACan I use my mom AOR number for the link. Please help me out for the link. Thanks
I have the same issue, I am also looking for help on this, but so far no clue

#EEC

May 19, 2019
As per the CIC guide both sponsor and co-signer need to provide 3 year income proofs, here is the extract from guide:

May I have a co-signer?
Your spouse or common-law partner may be a co-signer on the sponsorship application, regardless of how long you have been married. Your combined gross income may help you meet the income requirements. You and your co-signer must each provide proof of income from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the 3 consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of the sponsorship application.

The co-signer must:

• meet the same eligibility requirements as the sponsor;
  • agree to co-sign the undertaking;
  • agree to be responsible for the basic requirements of the person you want to sponsor and their family members for the validity period of the undertaking.
The co-signer will be equally liable if obligations are not performed.
Thnx for such a detailed information

Reactions: jotgrewal

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi,
How can I link my GCKey to my parents AOR. When I entered my mom information, they cannot find the application to link it. ACan I use my mom AOR number for the link. Please help me out for the link. Thanks
I have the same issue, I am also looking for help on this, but so far no clue
there is no any AoR number:
yes you can link with file # start with "F"

when you count family member to link use formula [Sponsor + if Cosigner] no kids + [PA + Dep]

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
there is no any AoR number:
yes you can link with file # start with "F"

when you count family member to link use formula [Sponsor + if Cosigner] no kids + [PA + Dep]
so I don't have to count my kids? My wife was not cosigner, do I need to count her for this linking?

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
so I don't have to count my kids? My wife was not cosigner, do I need to count her for this linking?
No, DO NOT count your wife, if she is not co-signer and kids. In your case count only yourself and number of persons you are sponsoring + any of the sponsored persons dependents.

Last edited: