+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

gayatri.kan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Hi Yulia,
On July 19 th they ask me for biometrics and on the same day they change the status to DM in my ecas under sponsors section
And in ECAS under the Applicant section it says we sent a letter
Pls update

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Is it possible to expedite biometrics, medical and Police certificate, so my parents can do it in their home country before they travel to Canada in 2 months from now?

Got AOR last night and my parents are currently in home country. They will be coming to Canada in two months and will stay here for 5 months.

I am worried abiut how to respond to biometrics, PCC and medical request once my parents are here in Canada. Thank you
What mailing and residential address did you used for your parents?
If it is unnecessary for them to be here in 2 months why don’t you reschedule their flight to go here in Canada to avoid any inconvenience.

goog7890

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
I have 2 questions. 1. eCAS status is received on both. But in MYCIC (my father's account) is in processing. why does eCAS status under sponsorship not change to in process? 2. MYCIC shows background check now. What does background check mean? check on me eligibility as a sponsor? thanks in advance

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
I have 2 questions. 1. eCAS status is received on both. But in MYCIC (my father's account) is in processing. why does eCAS status under sponsorship not change to in process? 2. MYCIC shows background check now. What does background check mean? check on me eligibility as a sponsor? thanks in advance
The message you are seeing in myCIC is default. Your application is in received status. Once it changes to inprocess you will see status in eCAS. Your dads application will be inprocess after you get sponsorship approval and then you will see some update in myCIC.

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Parent sponsorship application was submitted. How or where can I verify if my application is received and track sponsor approval?
Thank you.
When did you submit your application. If you submitted your application by 18th May then you can see the status otherwise you need to wait for some weeks.

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Reactions: robertp

Annenianyu

Jul 20, 2019
I received email regarding missing handwritten signature for IMM 0008, as a result I still can not check my status in ecas and link to my account. But I read the checking list again, it only request hand written signature for IMM 5669. Is anybody has the same situation with me?

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
I received email regarding missing handwritten signature for IMM 0008, as a result I still can not check my status in ecas and link to my account. But I read the checking list again, it only request hand written signature for IMM 5669. Is anybody has the same situation with me?
Please provide your info, so we can add you to the tracker!

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Get biometrics done in US ( If they have visa), get PCC from Indian consulate and get medicals done in Canada.
Thanks. I didn't know this was possible. They have US Visa, so biometric should be fine.

Quick follow up question: Can I get the PCC now rather than waiting? Arn't PCCs valid for 6 months? Thanks again

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
What mailing and residential address did you used for your parents?
If it is unnecessary for them to be here in 2 months why don’t you reschedule their flight to go here in Canada to avoid any inconvenience.
Home country address. Unfortunately, it is necessary for them to come here in 2 months, so have to manage with them here.

Another poster said that I should get all the requests for PCC, Biometrics and medical soon, so I am now hoping that happens before they leave home country in 2 months. Thanks