+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi, I want to know if I can appeal or contact someone if I disagree with their decision during process.
I am really heartbroken as I updated them that I have baby they again did sponsor assessment and confirmed that I am still eligible like decision made but they send the file again to LVO from CPC Mississauga. My mother medical done and passed, police certificate submitted, pre arrival letter received since 2019 and after that long wait they’re punishing me for having baby, being honest and fulfilling requirements and just waiting waiting and waiting, they are putting me back in line again. If someone can help where to and how to proceed with such situation I will be sure thankful.
I am just venting out emotionally because I am really feeling helpless.
How did you find out they re-assessed your sponsor eligibility because of a new baby?
I am in PGP 2019 group, also reported a newborn baby recently and am concerned about how this might impact the progress. I found on IRCC website 'When a family member added to the application is a dependent child of the sponsor, it is not necessary to re-assess the sponsor’s ability to meet the minimum necessary income (MNI). Under R133(4), a sponsor is exempt from meeting MNI requirements for such family members. '

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-circumstance.html

why is your case taking so long? did you request GCMS notes?

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Hi, I want to know if I can appeal or contact someone if I disagree with their decision during process.
I am really heartbroken as I updated them that I have baby they again did sponsor assessment and confirmed that I am still eligible like decision made but they send the file again to LVO from CPC Mississauga. My mother medical done and passed, police certificate submitted, pre arrival letter received since 2019 and after that long wait they’re punishing me for having baby, being honest and fulfilling requirements and just waiting waiting and waiting, they are putting me back in line again. If someone can help where to and how to proceed with such situation I will be sure thankful.
I am just venting out emotionally because I am really feeling helpless.
You can file for appeal in IRB. As a regulated immigration consultant, I can help you by representing you there. But there is a timeline within which you must act and I am not sure about your entire case.

meena84

Jan 1, 2015
My parents were suppose to fly early this month but got Covid positive when tested at Delhi airport before their flight. Their Visa & COPR has also expired, i reached out to Delhi embassy and its been a month & no reply from them. I also raised the web form. Any idea what else can be done, i am wondering if they will give them a new Visa or not?

haffi47

May 22, 2018
How did you find out they re-assessed your sponsor eligibility because of a new baby?
I am in PGP 2019 group, also reported a newborn baby recently and am concerned about how this might impact the progress. I found on IRCC website 'When a family member added to the application is a dependent child of the sponsor, it is not necessary to re-assess the sponsor’s ability to meet the minimum necessary income (MNI). Under R133(4), a sponsor is exempt from meeting MNI requirements for such family members. '

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-circumstance.html

why is your case taking so long? did you request GCMS notes?
Thank you very much for the information. When I updated them, my client application status for sponsor (which has sponsor and applicant sections) changed back to in process status and later again decision made. Another thing they send me the letter like before mentioning that my eligibility as sponsor is approved and now file sent to London office which makes me really upset because everything else is done, the file was in Mississauga processing centre after long wait from London. I was expecting PPR as next step so quite disappointing for me. I pray you won’t go through this frustration. I tried to call but everyday is busy and my call isn’t transferring to an agent.But I am keep trying, good to have th information you provided. Thanks

haffi47

May 22, 2018
You can file for appeal in IRB. As a regulated immigration consultant, I can help you by representing you there. But there is a timeline within which you must act and I am not sure about your entire case.
Hi, Thanks a lot, I got that letter on 15th December the day I wrote message on the forum.

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Thank you very much for the information. When I updated them, my client application status for sponsor (which has sponsor and applicant sections) changed back to in process status and later again decision made. Another thing they send me the letter like before mentioning that my eligibility as sponsor is approved and now file sent to London office which makes me really upset because everything else is done, the file was in Mississauga processing centre after long wait from London. I was expecting PPR as next step so quite disappointing for me. I pray you won’t go through this frustration. I tried to call but everyday is busy and my call isn’t transferring to an agent.But I am keep trying, good to have th information you provided. Thanks
I see in your earlier posts that you got pre-arrival letter in October 2019? and you still haven't got PPR?
Is there any particular reason why your case is so slow?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure what @parvisingh is referring to but you case hasn’t been denied so there is nothing to appeal. It is being reassessed based on an additional family member. You were required to notify and changes in your family so there was no way you could have avoided the delay. If you still meet LICO you should be approved.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Pretty crazy that you’re advertising your services on a forum paid for by a competing immigration firm.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Not sure what @parvisingh is referring to but you case hasn’t been denied so there is nothing to appeal. It is being reassessed based on an additional family member. You were required to notify and changes in your family so there was no way you could have avoided the delay. If you still meet LICO you should be approved.
You are right I misread the information provided. Got carried away by "punishing me for having baby, being honest" etc. I thought his application was refused or something.

haffi47

May 22, 2018
I see in your earlier posts that you got pre-arrival letter in October 2019? and you still haven't got PPR?
Is there any particular reason why your case is so slow?
They asked for another x-ray at the time of medical which was scheduled 2 months later of 1st medical in Feb2020 and finally they passed medical in Jan 2021. When I contact them for delay in August 2020 they said it was due to COVID because they are providing only essential services.

bati15

Mar 6, 2018
hello guys i have the same problem for my family sponsorship file.
We got passport requests for COPR in FEB 22 so we sent passports to NEW DELHI. On MARCH 15, 2022 the online CIC account says its approved and it even showed the VISA numbers for each member of family. But now its JULY 22 and we still have not received passports from DELHI and all they say is it is still processing.
Emailed and faxed the DELHI immigration office aleady.

PLease advise what to do? thank you all in advance for your time and help.

joz_cherian

Jun 19, 2017
Hello All

We received the following communication from IRCC on May 21ST 2020 :-Anybody ever got their file transferred to Niagara Falls Office. Any inputs will be welcome. Thanks

Good Day,

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to our office in Niagara Falls for processing. This office reviews applications involving complex medical considerations that may impact medical admissibility, ensuring that those applications are processed consistently and efficiently. Your application is currently under review and you will be notified when further information will be required. In order to continue reviewing your application, please complete the attached IMM 5476 Use of Representative Form. This form is required to release information to a sponsor/family member that is sponsoring your application. The paid representative on file shows as being expired. Please return it completed and signed, no later than March 7, 2020 .We are unable to confirm, at this time, when a final decision will be made on your application. Please ensure to read the messages in your MyAccount. Failure to submit requested information, could cause further delays and may result in the refusal of your application.

We recommend that you do not finalize your travel plans, such as purchasing non-refundable plane tickets, until your application is finalized.

Regards,

Humanitarian Migration (HM) Niagara Falls | Migration Humanitaire (MH)

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada | Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada
what is the update of this case right now? My parents are in the same situation right now. Did your parents got the visa?

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hello Everyone,

Looks like not much activity here in this thread. Still checking if someone here can help. My inlaws application was forwarded to Locoal visa office at New Delhi in somewhere 2020. After that there is no progress . No communication from CIC. Medical was done

I have asked GCMS notes. Not much detail there. May be i am missing a section to read. Can any one help to tell what to do now?

Thanks

vikaz7

Feb 10, 2015
My Timeline is as below: For both my parents

File Received at CIC: 04-09-2018
Sponsor Approval: 27-02-2019
Visa Office: Ottawa
Medical & PCC requested: 28-02-2019
First set of Medical Test submitted:15-03-2019
Further medical tests requested (For Primary Applicant):30-04-2019
Final medical repsorts submitted:15-07-2019
Medical Results:Still awaited
Background check :Not asked so far

Many thanks for reading this and for replies.

Last edited: