+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

inam1989

Jan 27, 2020
Hello guys, its been a week since i filled the form, still haven't received the VFS payment link. How long does it take?

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
No worries. Please disregard. Submitted the passport today.
Received my father's immigration visa stamped today. Thank you all for all the help and guidance and hand holding along the journey.

Reactions: Can150

BOB56

Jan 21, 2021
Experts please advice. 1) For employment history section do I need to put family size for that specific year or include current parents which I am filing application also . For ex. In previous 3 years I was only one. I am sponsoring my both parents. Employment history section for 2018,2019,2020 will have family size of 1 or 3?

2) if I was self employed for a period do I need to list only self employed or also need to put unemployed for that period ?

3) please send me WhatsApp group link

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Experts please advice. 1) For employment history section do I need to put family size for that specific year or include current parents which I am filing application also . For ex. In previous 3 years I was only one. I am sponsoring my both parents. Employment history section for 2018,2019,2020 will have family size of 1 or 3?

2) if I was self employed for a period do I need to list only self employed or also need to put unemployed for that period ?

3) please send me WhatsApp group link
You applied for 2018 PGP and still haven't figured out your income requirement? The rules and likely the forms were different back in 2018.

ASPR

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Probably this might have answered before so sorry for repetitive question.

i am sponsoring my parents (Mom and Dad) , what should i put in family size when i provide employment history for past 3 years? 1 as i was single or 3 including them?

i got married in 2021 so what to put in 2021? 2 or 4 including parents?

any help is appreciated

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I was checking the spreadsheet for something else asked on the forum and found that my entry in 2018 PGP hasn't been updated.

Please update line 232 for YVR123. We have withdrawn our application (actually about the same time as IRCC notified us on DM). PA passed away.

Maniupa

Mar 15, 2021
Hello All

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!!!!!

I Just completed my father's remedial TWO WEEKS AGO and also submitted my mother's death certificate long ago. After two weeks I completed my father's medical, I received a medical request for my mother today. I don't understand what to do. Is there any other process to cancel her application??

I am so frustrated as I am still waiting since 2018 and was expecting that now we will get COPR.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello All

URGENT HELP IS NEEDED!!!!!

I Just completed my father's remedial TWO WEEKS AGO and also submitted my mother's death certificate long ago. After two weeks I completed my father's medical, I received a medical request for my mother today. I don't understand what to do. Is there any other process to cancel her application??

I am so frustrated as I am still waiting since 2018 and was expecting that now we will get COPR.
Send an explaination and your mother's deaht certificate and all the updated forms (with updates on your father's IMM 0008...etc) that reflect your mother's passing.

I understand your frustration. We requested for a withdrawn of the application back in March 2020 and just received a refund of the landing fee few months ago.

Reactions: Maniupa

Maniupa

Mar 15, 2021
Please advise.

I just received an email for a Passport request for my Dad from New Delhi Visa office. Now my dad is here in Canada since 2 years. IRCC account also shows the home and mailing address of Canada. I don't know why they sent a passport request.

I informed New Delhi Visa office by webform but don't get any confirmation email or reply. How I can confirm that they received my request??
In that letter, it is mentioned that this passport request is time-sensitive and if the passport is not submitted in 30 days they can refuse the application. As I don't have any proof or confirmation how I can prove that I responded in time??
It is already two weeks passed but didn't receive any communication on this. If someone has experienced the same, then please provide a timeline on this.

I am a 2018 applicant. So waiting for a long time so I hope you understand my frustration.

Thank you

sukrit2k7

Dec 2, 2011
Please advise.

I just received an email for a Passport request for my Dad from New Delhi Visa office. Now my dad is here in Canada since 2 years. IRCC account also shows the home and mailing address of Canada. I don't know why they sent a passport request.

I informed New Delhi Visa office by webform but don't get any confirmation email or reply. How I can confirm that they received my request??
In that letter, it is mentioned that this passport request is time-sensitive and if the passport is not submitted in 30 days they can refuse the application. As I don't have any proof or confirmation how I can prove that I responded in time??
It is already two weeks passed but didn't receive any communication on this. If someone has experienced the same, then please provide a timeline on this.

I am a 2018 applicant. So waiting for a long time so I hope you understand my frustration.

Thank you
Did you get any reply from IRCC? Ask them if can get eCOPR since your dad is already in Canada. Lot of people are already getting those.

haffi47

May 22, 2018
Hi, I want to know if I can appeal or contact someone if I disagree with their decision during process.
I am really heartbroken as I updated them that I have baby they again did sponsor assessment and confirmed that I am still eligible like decision made but they send the file again to LVO from CPC Mississauga. My mother medical done and passed, police certificate submitted, pre arrival letter received since 2019 and after that long wait they’re punishing me for having baby, being honest and fulfilling requirements and just waiting waiting and waiting, they are putting me back in line again. If someone can help where to and how to proceed with such situation I will be sure thankful.
I am just venting out emotionally because I am really feeling helpless.

mrsamsumi

Apr 11, 2018
Hi All, we got PPR last week. And sending the passport via vfs 2 way service. Since we were not asked to do biometrics in the vfs consent form do we have to fill the details in section applicants willing to provide biometrics? Please help in this regard. Its bit confusing.
Hi, have you received your passport back yet? My family sent passports via vfs just 2 days back. They signed the biometrics form in the row where it says NOT required.

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, today my parents passed the medical test :), next waiting for passports request, right?