+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

PaulKar9

Dec 1, 2016
Hi,
We are pretty much in the same boat, last update was a year ago, after that they sent procedural fairness letter to which we replied and they havent replied to that also.
so, one year has passed since the last correspondence,
and it is really difficult as many decisions are relying on this.

There is also no estimate of how much time it will take further. If anyone knows of any updates on the IRCC office or any inside news, please share
our visa office is in London
If you use CIC application wait time calculator it says 20-24 months since AOR. Feb 2021 we hit the 20 months mark. Let's hope they will ask for Police Certificate by then.
I tend to believe those estimations as recently I have applied for a tourist visa for my in laws and we received the final decision on that around the same time the calculator said we will.

yosensei

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Quebec
Visa Office......
sydney
  1. We received application for permanent residence on October 3, 2018.
  2. We started processing application on September 19, 2019.
  3. We sent medical instructions on November 13, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. We sent a letter on November 13, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received. (December 18, 2020)
hope that i’ll receive their PPR soon

Sreshta15

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Request
15-05-2019
Just an update
2018 applicants who hasn’t landed yet, we have received second medical after COPR expiry.

given 90 days time to submit mesicals

ssk9706

Nov 1, 2020
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 2, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on July 2, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Wait Wait and more Wait.....

• Wow
Reactions: Paul09

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 2, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on July 2, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Wait Wait and more Wait.....
Have you tried calling them/reaching out to MP?

ssk9706

Nov 1, 2020
Have you tried calling them/reaching out to MP?
Yeah, I got both the Notes & information from MP.. Not much help because all they give is the information about file and not really a information about if file still exists and when they plan to work on it.

Following are the notes I got from MP:

We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application to sponsor parents:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on October 2, 2018.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor iseligiblehas been finalized on June 12, 2019.
  • The assessment for the applicants is still in process at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi (India).
  • The medical examination results have not been requested for the applicants.
  • The criminality verifications have not been initiated.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Processing timesvary depending on the submission date and may change during the processing of the application.
A friend who submitted application in April 2019 has already got his application processed and finalized. I always wonder how CIC really process the application and what's the criteria.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah, I got both the Notes & information from MP.. Not much help because all they give is the information about file and not really a information about if file still exists and when they plan to work on it.

Following are the notes I got from MP:

We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application to sponsor parents:

• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on October 2, 2018.
  • The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor iseligiblehas been finalized on June 12, 2019.
  • The assessment for the applicants is still in process at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi (India).
  • The medical examination results have not been requested for the applicants.
  • The criminality verifications have not been initiated.
  • The security verifications have not been initiated.
  • Processing timesvary depending on the submission date and may change during the processing of the application.
A friend who submitted application in April 2019 has already got his application processed and finalized. I always wonder how CIC really process the application and what's the criteria.
They are just terrible with few applications. I hope this wait will end soon for you.

Reactions: ssk9706

Heliz

Dec 23, 2020
Hi,
We are pretty much in the same boat, last update was a year ago, after that they sent procedural fairness letter to which we replied and they havent replied to that also.
so, one year has passed since the last correspondence,
and it is really difficult as many decisions are relying on this.

There is also no estimate of how much time it will take further. If anyone knows of any updates on the IRCC office or any inside news, please share
our visa office is in London
I’m sorry to hear about your experience. May I ask why they sent a procedural fairness letter? Hope you and your family are having a great holiday season!

Zack2019

Mar 15, 2019
Happy new year everyone. Just coming to report a PPR from 20 days ago.

Timeline:
Oct 3, 2018 application received by Ottawa.
~Jan 16, 2019 FN issued (I did not know until called IRCC in April)
Sep 3, 2019: medical exam requested
Jan 30, 2020 - additional material requested (resume, etc)
Sep 3, 2020: re-medical examed
Dec 11: PPR letter

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Hello friends,
My father's medical was passed on February 26, 2020. It has been radio silence since then...
Does that mean that he will have to through the medical again?

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi Friends,

I applied for my parents in May 2018, medical was done in Nov 2019 but no further updates after that. Please let me know if anyone got any updates from Delhi office.

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
Ok thank you! So stress out about this! They already had appointment for their 3 months xray so hopefully everything will be ok!
Hello, my mom is unfortunately on the same boat.. what happens if she cant cough up sputum? Did they just request for a new xray in 3 or 6 months? Do you mind please sharing your experience