+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my moms COPR expired in June... just wanted to know if anyone got any direction on expired copr
You should get extended or else they must arrive as visitors if they have a valid TRV or supervisa. They also need to take out health insurance. If could take many months to extend their COPR and land in Canada if they arrive with an expired COPR. Some other family learned an expensive lesson.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/rahul-anand-sonika-permanent-residency-calgary-ircc-1.5750065

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey Everyone,

I submitted my parents application in October 2018. Application is sitting in New Delhi and my parents haven't even got the medical. I tried to link the application online and I keep getting error so I filled an online form for "technical difficulty linking my application online" in January 2020 and haven't heard back anything since. If I try to get any information from CIC Call Center, they have no idea about the application & its progress, all they tell me to contact New Delhi CIC through online form. Me & my parents are not really in hurry to get the PR but no communication from CIC New Delhi is the most frustrating part. Now I filled the form under "Access to Information Act" and hopefully I will hear something back soon. Does anyone know what's the waiting period of that right now? I am also going to Contact my Local MP to get some information about the file.

Also to add, my friend applied for his parents PR during 2019 draw and they got the PR in 1 year and the application got processed in Mississauga even though his parents are in India. How does CIC decides which application to send to India and which applications gets processed here?

Following is the time line I see when I try to check the application status online.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 2, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on July 2, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Thank you.
You need to find out what information they are waiting for. Did you look through all your mail although spam and junk mail would have been deleted a long time ago. Your application has been on hold because of this.

ssk9706

Nov 1, 2020
You need to find out what information they are waiting for. Did you look through all your mail although spam and junk mail would have been deleted a long time ago. Your application has been on hold because of this.
Yes, I have already sent the documents CIC asked for on July 3, 2019 in August,2019. After that there has been silence from them. Is there a way to know if they have received the documents? According to the courier tracking number, they have received the documents.

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Yes, I have already sent the documents CIC asked for on July 3, 2019 in August,2019. After that there has been silence from them. Is there a way to know if they have received the documents? According to the courier tracking number, they have received the documents.
Its normal, i got email from New Delhi visa office. Bcoz of covid the processing is slow in NDVO. They said they will inform once they start processing the application and will not reject any file due to missing document.

Reactions: ssk9706

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
I checked ecas and it says 'Decision Made'. I applied in 2018 May. I haven't received PCC ? Is it normal? My last update was 'Medical received/Passed'. The visa office is New Delhi. And the cic current status shows ' Submitted' . What does it mean?

Last edited:

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
The status in cic again changed to 'Submitted' today but ecas shows 'Decision Made'. Not sure how long do they take to send PPR request. Is there anything I can do or should I just wait?
It should not take more than 48 hours- however they do update the GC Key on daily basis and some maintenance work every Tuesday- Wait until Wednesday and see if it updates

Reactions: hungrypanda0016