+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

ssk9706

Nov 1, 2020
Hey Everyone,

I submitted my parents application in October 2018. Application is sitting in New Delhi and my parents haven't even got the medical. I tried to link the application online and I keep getting error so I filled an online form for "technical difficulty linking my application online" in January 2020 and haven't heard back anything since. If I try to get any information from CIC Call Center, they have no idea about the application & its progress, all they tell me to contact New Delhi CIC through online form. Me & my parents are not really in hurry to get the PR but no communication from CIC New Delhi is the most frustrating part. Now I filled the form under "Access to Information Act" and hopefully I will hear something back soon. Does anyone know what's the waiting period of that right now? I am also going to Contact my Local MP to get some information about the file.

Also to add, my friend applied for his parents PR during 2019 draw and they got the PR in 1 year and the application got processed in Mississauga even though his parents are in India. How does CIC decides which application to send to India and which applications gets processed here?

Following is the time line I see when I try to check the application status online.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 2, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on July 2, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Thank you.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
I sent a request to our MP and below is the text f the response:
"
-Application received on October 5, 2018
-Application is processing in London, UK
-Sponsor eligibility passed
-Applicant’s eligibility not started
-Security and Criminality not started
-Medicals valid till February 25, 2021
-Additional documentation were requested on January 2020 and they were received in February 2020; the documentation in queue for review.
-The file has been experiencing COVID-19 delays.
-There are no pending documents at this time.

Our office has requested IRCC to send a message to the corresponding office to inquire further on the status of this application. As soon as we receive an update I will reach out to you directly.
"

So so disappointed. f@#$ing bottom of the priority list...

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Hey Everyone,

I submitted my parents application in October 2018. Application is sitting in New Delhi and my parents haven't even got the medical. I tried to link the application online and I keep getting error so I filled an online form for "technical difficulty linking my application online" in January 2020 and haven't heard back anything since. If I try to get any information from CIC Call Center, they have no idea about the application & its progress, all they tell me to contact New Delhi CIC through online form. Me & my parents are not really in hurry to get the PR but no communication from CIC New Delhi is the most frustrating part. Now I filled the form under "Access to Information Act" and hopefully I will hear something back soon. Does anyone know what's the waiting period of that right now? I am also going to Contact my Local MP to get some information about the file.

Also to add, my friend applied for his parents PR during 2019 draw and they got the PR in 1 year and the application got processed in Mississauga even though his parents are in India. How does CIC decides which application to send to India and which applications gets processed here?

Following is the time line I see when I try to check the application status online.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 2, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on July 2, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Thank you.
For most of the times, you are unable to link your application online due to wrong number of applicants in the application. Try tweaking that number by adding or subtracting from what you usually entered.
My application is also with New Delhi Visa office. They are very slow due to reduced staff strength. No need to worry about that. For the point 3 above, that msg keeps there like that even if you provide information to them. For me i see that in my file and even after providing information, it stays there and the application proceeds to next step. So nothing much you can do as of now. Keep note that the Bangalore and Chandigarh visa offices are closed due to covid and it is only New delhi that is processing all the applications with reduced staff.

Reactions: ssk9706

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
"
-Additional documentation were requested on January 2020 and they were received in February 2020; the documentation in queue for review.

Our office has requested IRCC to send a message to the corresponding office to inquire further on the status of this application. As soon as we receive an update I will reach out to you directly.
"

Its concerning that they haven't even started security or criminality yet...
I had this happen to my PNP AINP PR application an it took 3 years.. I got frustrated and applied for EE and had to cancel my PR application..

I hope this isn't the case with our parents applications..

ssk9706

Nov 1, 2020
For most of the times, you are unable to link your application online due to wrong number of applicants in the application. Try tweaking that number by adding or subtracting from what you usually entered.
My application is also with New Delhi Visa office. They are very slow due to reduced staff strength. No need to worry about that. For the point 3 above, that msg keeps there like that even if you provide information to them. For me i see that in my file and even after providing information, it stays there and the application proceeds to next step. So nothing much you can do as of now. Keep note that the Bangalore and Chandigarh visa offices are closed due to covid and it is only New delhi that is processing all the applications with reduced staff.
All we can do is wait at this point. I did contacted my local MP to see if they can help. Also I requested for the notes under "Access to Information Act".

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
"

"

Hi friend,

Aren't you following the other members posts? I filed my application in the first week of Aug 2018 (2 months before you) and got the PPR in the first week of Oct (although I was anticipating to hear from them by at least December 2020 to be realistic.)

The website clearly says 20-24 months is a standard timeline for the London VO. Covid increased the timings due to lockdowns in London. It's pretty obvious. You should have waited at least until Jan.

IMO, there was no need to contact MP as they can't have your application expedited. Keep patience and you'll get there in a few months.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Aren't you following the other members posts?
Seriously... ? To each his own. Didn't ask for your advice or opinion. I love dismissive opinionated people just don't have time for them.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Seriously... ? To each his own. Didn't ask for your advice or opinion. I love dismissive opinionated people just don't have time for them.
I wonder why you're on this forum if you're not seeking for an advice or opinion?

Anyway, good luck. Peace.

Nov 3, 2020
Hello there,
I submitted my dependent child file and if any body can tell me when they gonna issue file number. Or let me know approx time to generate file number

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Dear Folks,

Got letter from CIC saying your file has been transferred to New-Delhi Visa Office. Did any one knows why it has been transferred to New Delhi visa office. I was expecting passport request.

My time line is under my signatures, also listing again

Medical was done in April 2019.
In June 2019 I got the letter to provide job details.
After that now got letter saying files has been transferred to New-Delhi

Would be great help if anyone knows why it is that route . Is that normal? how much time it would take after that.

Thank you