+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Hi friends. I have received a third request from Mississauga in span of 1 month. Here is the breakdown of all 3:
Request 1: sponsor’s aadhar card, voter id and old school records along with copy of CSQ for applicant

Request 2: all addresses from 2018 till present for applicant.

Request 3: they said I was not able to show relationships with above mentioned documents with sponsor and applicant so they need more proof.

Here is the list of what I already sent for sponsor: aadhar card, voter id, school leaving certificate, ssc & hsc certicates, 7th class mark sheet, birth certificate.

What else can I send to prove sponsor and applicant relationships?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Hi friends. I have received a third request from Mississauga in span of 1 month. Here is the breakdown of all 3:
Request 1: sponsor’s aadhar card, voter id and old school records along with copy of CSQ for applicant

Request 2: all addresses from 2018 till present for applicant.

Request 3: they said I was not able to show relationships with above mentioned documents with sponsor and applicant so they need more proof.

Here is the list of what I already sent for sponsor: aadhar card, voter id, school leaving certificate, ssc & hsc certicates, 7th class mark sheet, birth certificate.

What else can I send to prove sponsor and applicant relationships?
It is Quebec, so expected that they will stall- your birth certificate should note parents name- are the names differing for applicants? When you became PR, you would have provided them with all the info about your parents- do those name differ then the current applicants? Approach a lawyer and file an affidavit that the names as noted on passport and application form are the same as applicants in the case that there is difference of name- before even you do this- write a letter explaining the differing names, is that is the case as well as order GCMS notes

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
ECAS showed DM on around Sept 30 and I got the PPR on Oct 2nd.
Thanks.

Mine was updated on September 28 to "Decision Made" no further correspondence since then, PPR.

On Wednesday it will complete one month no one in the call centre know what's the matter.

Reactions: USK

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
It is Quebec, so expected that they will stall- your birth certificate should note parents name- are the names differing for applicants? When you became PR, you would have provided them with all the info about your parents- do those name differ then the current applicants? Approach a lawyer and file an affidavit that the names as noted on passport and application form are the same as applicants in the case that there is difference of name- before even you do this- write a letter explaining the differing names, is that is the case as well as order GCMS notes
Hi thanks for your reply.
In fact there is difference in my middle name. In most documents i have my middle name as Rajesh and in 1 document i have it as Raju. Same thing with my mother. I already submitted an affidavit explaining that Rajesh and Raju is same person.

What they said is affidavits are not accepted as proof of relationship.
I nees to submit more documents that clearly shows our relationship. I can only think of old Indian passport which has our names together.
Or i need professional help?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Hi thanks for your reply.
In fact there is difference in my middle name. In most documents i have my middle name as Rajesh and in 1 document i have it as Raju. Same thing with my mother. I already submitted an affidavit explaining that Rajesh and Raju is same person.

What they said is affidavits are not accepted as proof of relationship.
I nees to submit more documents that clearly shows our relationship. I can only think of old Indian passport which has our names together.
Or i need professional help?
You could try with your old Indian Passport, however I am sure that passports are for some strange reason not acceptable as proof of relationship- either you can have an amended Birth Certificate with correct name submitted or else get an immigration lawyer involved- Good Luck

PS: Most of Canadians have an impression that QB is not even part of Canada and hence has its own rules

Reactions: MineshPatel

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
You could try with your old Indian Passport, however I am sure that passports are for some strange reason not acceptable as proof of relationship- either you can have an amended Birth Certificate with correct name submitted or else get an immigration lawyer involved- Good Luck

PS: Most of Canadians have an impression that QB is not even part of Canada and hence has its own rules
Thank you for the feedback

iris_lf

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2014
Signed into my account today...Saw "Application/Profile Updated"...and inside, the information changed from "Medical exame passed in Jan 2020" to "No medical exame is required"...Not sure what that means...werid...

Last edited:

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Signed into my account today...Saw "Application/Profile Updated"...and inside, the information changed from "Medical exame passed in Jan 2020" to "No medical exame is required"...Not sure what that means...werid...
That's good news at least some progress on your file. Which is your visa office?

iris_lf

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2014
Reactions: neeti2090

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
You can ask GCMS notes or contact your Member of Parliament (MP) .
Personally I think you must call your local MP as your file is more then 24 monts
How do you find who is your local MP? And what should we do if the file is being processed out of Canada. My file is processed in New Delhi and it is more than 24 months. I contacted the visa office and they said : "Please be advised that NO application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time, such as giving biometrics or completing an immigration medical exam or any other requirement. At this stage, we are not able to provide you with any further information regarding your application. Once next steps on your file are determined, our office will contact you. "
For my parents, the medical has passed in December 2019 and no update has been provided since then.

iris_lf

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2014
How do you find who is your local MP? And what should we do if the file is being processed out of Canada. My file is processed in New Delhi and it is more than 24 months. I contacted the visa office and they said : "Please be advised that NO application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time, such as giving biometrics or completing an immigration medical exam or any other requirement. At this stage, we are not able to provide you with any further information regarding your application. Once next steps on your file are determined, our office will contact you. "
For my parents, the medical has passed in December 2019 and no update has been provided since then.
We are in the same boat...Our medical passed in Jan 2020 and no update since...I think COVID has a great impact on processing

Reactions: hungrypanda0016

imm2019

Oct 8, 2019
If you voted in 2019 you should know who is your MP. If not do google search.