+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Hi All:

Just wanted to get in touch with you and see if anyone else has their application stuck at Delhi Visa Office for their parents.

Here are some details:

Sponsor AOR: may21, 2018.
Applicant AOR: July 14, 2018 application
December 13, 2018: Medical Request Sent.
January 10, 2019: Medical Received.

Feb. 2019 got email file transfer to New Delhi

we haven't heard anything

Then Coronavirus hit and 2 years in may 2020 completed

Is anyone else in a similar situation? When can I expect some more movement on the file?
I am in the same boat. New delhi visa office is super slow and they have lot of files to process. i got this email answer:

"
Dear Sir,

Please be advised that NO application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time, such as giving biometrics or completing an immigration medical exam or any other requirement. At this stage, we are not able to provide you with any further information regarding your application. Once next steps on your file are determined, our office will contact you.

Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi will be limiting its operations until further notice. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are closed until further notice.

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you CANNOT find the answer through the information and helpful links on our Facebook page.

"

Last edited:

Stonewall

Sep 23, 2020
@YULIA-2016 Please update my timeline in the spreadsheet. Thank you.

I received an email that my application status has changes. The GCKey shows Application approved Oct 19, 2020 and Counterfoil with expiry date in May 2021.

Thank you all and best of luck to everyone.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
@YULIA-2016 Please update my timeline in the spreadsheet. Thank you.

I received an email that my application status has changes. The GCKey shows Application approved Oct 19, 2020 and Counterfoil with expiry date in May 2021.

Thank you all and best of luck to everyone.
Hey congrats.

Were you checking ECAS before receiving the email? If so, when did the status changed to "Decision Made"?

Which office proceed the application and how long it took to complete?

Again, congrats!

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Parents completed their landing today at Toronto
Timeline-
May 03,2018- File Received
July 02, 2018- AOR
September 2018- Sponsorship Eligibility approved
October- File Transferred to New Delhi
March 2019- PCC, FBI and RCMP clearance requested - provided in April
May 2019- Military Records and Travel History requested (again) - Provided in May
June 2019- Medical Requested
June 28th 2019- Medicals Cleared
August 16 2019- PPR letter
August 24th- COPR Counterfoil stamped with expiry July 2, 2020

COPR Expired - once ready to travel in September 2020- raised 2 webforms, ordered GCMS notes, contacted local MP as NDVO was not responding - September 29th received an email asking extensive details including financial capability, quarantine plan, confirmed book tickets, employment letter, bank statements and specific detailed 20 questions- Responded with all the documents and supporting info on Sep 30th.
Received response back on October 15th approving the COPR extension until Nov 30, 2020 ( 75 days) however asked to wait for letter of Authorization to travel.

Received the letter on Oct 6th- 2020- the struggle to convince airlines that the letter of authorization via email is genuine and after various back and forth got info from CSBFA that if airline has any doubt on the genuineness of the letter then they should contact 'Air Carrier Support' division of CSBFA - Convinced Air Canada to do that and parents were allowed boarding based on the email printout.

Hit a snag today as systems were down for 3 hours over and above schedule time- parents were seated in immig area for 3 hours and once system came up they were cleared in 5 minutes- GC key account gets updated live as the border officer clears and issues COPR.

Hope my experience helps anyone who needs a roadmap for COPR extension.

PS: the border official will tell the landing parents/grandparents that they are given 5 years for stay - tell them not to freak out at that statement as 5 years is what PR card is valid for and it can be renewed

Best of luck

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
I received another communications asking for address details in last 2 years. She lived in Canada and in India during that time. While she was in Canada she stayed with us (her daughter) but she is sponsored by her son who live at another address. In application form we used our address and not her son. Would that be an issue? The fact that she did not live with sponsor while in Canada?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
I received another communications asking for address details in last 2 years. She lived in Canada and in India during that time. While she was in Canada she stayed with us (her daughter) but she is sponsored by her son who live at another address. In application form we used our address and not her son. Would that be an issue? The fact that she did not live with sponsor while in Canada?
No, that is not a problem at all.

Reactions: MineshPatel

Stonewall

Sep 23, 2020
Hey congrats.

Were you checking ECAS before receiving the email? If so, when did the status changed to "Decision Made"?

Which office proceed the application and how long it took to complete?

Again, congrats!
Thank you.

No, I got the email of the changes first, then signed in to GCKey. It is Singapore visa office. We just sent the passport package by mail Oct 13. Got a notification that our package was received at visa office on Oct 16.

Reactions: thesonicbro

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Parents completed their landing today at Toronto
Timeline-
May 03,2018- File Received
July 02, 2018- AOR
September 2018- Sponsorship Eligibility approved
October- File Transferred to New Delhi
March 2019- PCC, FBI and RCMP clearance requested - provided in April
May 2019- Military Records and Travel History requested (again) - Provided in May
June 2019- Medical Requested
June 28th 2019- Medicals Cleared
August 16 2019- PPR letter
August 24th- COPR Counterfoil stamped with expiry July 2, 2020

COPR Expired - once ready to travel in September 2020- raised 2 webforms, ordered GCMS notes, contacted local MP as NDVO was not responding - September 29th received an email asking extensive details including financial capability, quarantine plan, confirmed book tickets, employment letter, bank statements and specific detailed 20 questions- Responded with all the documents and supporting info on Sep 30th.
Received response back on October 15th approving the COPR extension until Nov 30, 2020 ( 75 days) however asked to wait for letter of Authorization to travel.

Received the letter on Oct 6th- 2020- the struggle to convince airlines that the letter of authorization via email is genuine and after various back and forth got info from CSBFA that if airline has any doubt on the genuineness of the letter then they should contact 'Air Carrier Support' division of CSBFA - Convinced Air Canada to do that and parents were allowed boarding based on the email printout.

Hit a snag today as systems were down for 3 hours over and above schedule time- parents were seated in immig area for 3 hours and once system came up they were cleared in 5 minutes- GC key account gets updated live as the border officer clears and issues COPR.

Hope my experience helps anyone who needs a roadmap for COPR extension.

PS: the border official will tell the landing parents/grandparents that they are given 5 years for stay - tell them not to freak out at that statement as 5 years is what PR card is valid for and it can be renewed

Best of luck
Did you provide biometrics?

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Quick Update:
Got an email communication from CIC-Etobicoke yesterday.

If parents are already in Canada and have gotten their passport request, virtual landing will be done due to Covid. They did ask for their residential address in Canada for confirmation if the applicants are indeed in Canada (which I confirmed via email).

This morning, 'MyCIC' shows that a final decision is made along with the document #'s for their COPRs.

Also, the ECAS adds a new line saying the parents have become Permanent Residents since 22 OCT 2020.

This concludes my journey for the PR process. I found this forum immensely helpful and thanks very much to all members to helped me through the process.

Last edited:

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Quick Update:
Got an email communication from CIC-Etobicoke yesterday.

If parents are already in Canada and have gotten their passport request, virtual landing will be done due to Covid. They did ask for their residential address in Canada for confirmation if the applicants are indeed in Canada (which I confirmed via email).

This morning, 'MyCIC' shows that a final decision is made along with the document #'s for their COPRs.

Also, the ECAS adds a new line saying the parents have become Permanent Residents since 22 OCT 2020.

This concludes my journey for the PR process. I found this forum immensely helpful and thanks very much to all members to helped me through the process.
Congrats!

I'm assuming ECAS was showing "Decision Made" for awhile. If so, for how long and have you received any communications since the status changed to "Decision Made"?

Thanks

Inmate

Star Member
May 25, 2014
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Med's Request
30-01-2020
Med's Done....
06-04-2020