+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Hello Guys, I am sponsoring my parents from Quebec.

I received a letter from Canada saying I met the requirements on October 2018.
After that I did the Quebec sponsorship, and all was good we received the CSQ to my parents on January 2019.
No news until now.
I sent an email to IRCC (Mexico) and they said they are busy because of Covid, anyother answer.
Anyone on the same situation? What I should do now?
Thanks!
The CSQ is valid for 2 years from the date of issuance. I got CSQ for my parents in May 2019 and i specified this expiry thing to LVO - New Delhi and they replied :
'
Dear Sir,

Please be advised that NO application in progress will be closed or refused due to a lack of documentation or inability to complete the application process in time, such as giving biometrics or completing an immigration medical exam or any other requirement. At this stage, we are not able to provide you with any further information regarding your application. Once next steps on your file are determined, our office will contact you.

Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi will be limiting its operations until further notice. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are closed until further notice.

For up to date information regarding IRCCs response to COVID-19 follow us on Facebook. As we are receiving numerous e-mails during this time please only email us if you CANNOT find the answer through the information and helpful links on our Facebook page.
'

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Good Morning-
Got COPR extension - extended by 60 days until Nov 30- Also got Letter of Authorization to travel which notes that parents are exempt as they were issued visa before March 18th ( they were issued the visa on Aug 22, 2019).

Parents will be travelling in 10 days

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
London VO update!!
Got the Passport request letter this morning.
Please update the spreadsheet.
congrats!

Reactions: USK

theDream2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied Jan 2018. No news since medicals passed in May 2019. Anyone else still here?

Applied Jan 2018
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 2, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on May 30, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 30, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 30, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on May 31, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received.

London visa office

Emailed visa office in May 2020 and they say still running background check

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Paul09

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Applied Jan 2018. No news since medicals passed in May 2019. Anyone else still here?

Applied Jan 2018
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 30, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 30, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on May 31, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

London visa office

This timeline is so exhausting man.

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018

Applied Jan 2018

London visa office

I have same timeline for New Delhi.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
If the sponsored parent (principle applicant) and the dependent both currently in Canada, can the dependent leaves Canada and receives CoRP separately?

Both have not received CoPR yet. Thanks for your insight.

Last edited:

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
If the sponsored parent (principle applicant) and the dependent both currently in Canada, can the dependent leaves Canada and receives CoRP separately?

Both have not received CoPR yet. Thanks for your insight.
COPR are always issued separately, however while landing either the principal applicant lands first or they land together- the dependent cannot land first. Moreover, if the current legal stay is expiring then better to get an extension or leave the country irrespective of PR application- being illegal will have a huge impact on the application and it will be denied

Reactions: thesonicbro

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
COPR are always issued separately, however while landing either the principal applicant lands first or they land together- the dependent cannot land first. Moreover, if the current legal stay is expiring then better to get an extension or leave the country irrespective of PR application- being illegal will have a huge impact on the application and it will be denied
Thank you.

The status on ECAS has changed to "Decision Made" last week and I was unsure whether further communications would be processed at some point.

We did not receive any emails about this update as of yet. Do you think they mailed the letter as the processing office is in London, but principle applicants are in Canada since we applied for the sponsorship application?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Thank you.

The status on ECAS has changed to "Decision Made" last week and I was unsure whether further communications would be processed at some point.

We did not receive any emails about this update as of yet. Do you think they mailed the letter as the processing office is in London, but principle applicants are in Canada since we applied for the sponsorship application?
The PPR letters should be in GC key account, once they have issued it- however due to current issues it might take time for it to be processed and uploaded. London LVO has woken up, hopefully it is sooner than later

Reactions: thesonicbro

iris_lf

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2014
Our medical passed on Jan...No news since..I think medical expires in a year...If we did not hear by then, we would need to redo the medical, is that correct?

Saadio

Feb 15, 2015
Can I sponsor parents while living in US but still keeping my Canadian Residency i.e have a permanent residence in Canada and pay taxes in Canada.