+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

skiour80

Apr 3, 2018
Hello,
We have been asked to provide ''police certificates from the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18''.
Can someone please help me to understand what does this mean. It is quite confusing.
Thank you in advance

fjle

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hello,
We have been asked to provide ''police certificates from the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
Can someone please help me to understand what does this mean. It is quite confusing.
Thank you in advance
You need to provide Police checks for each country that your parents have lived in for more than 6 continuous months since the age of 18
Follow this link for more info and how to get them.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

Last edited:

skiour80

Apr 3, 2018
You need to provide Police checks for each country that your parents have lived in for more than 6 continuous months since the age of 18
Follow this link for more info and how to get them.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html
Thank you for the reply. The confusing part is the MOST. My parents have been lived 55%-45%, 55% being the years in their current country. Do they still need to get the Police Certificate from the country they lived 45% after 18 years old? Thank you!

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Thank you for the reply. The confusing part is the MOST. My parents have been lived 55%-45%, 55% being the years in their current country. Do they still need to get the Police Certificate from the country they lived 45% after 18 years old? Thank you!
You need to provide police certificates from all countries your parents have stayed for six months or more.

BTW, which visa office is handling your case?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Received a response that a policy decision is awaited from the minister to decide if COPRs can be extended without new checks that is PCC/Medical etc or new checks are required to extend the COPR. it seems the minister of immigration is sleeping on it

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Received a response that a policy decision is awaited from the minister to decide if COPRs can be extended without new checks that is PCC/Medical etc or new checks are required to extend the COPR. it seems the minister of immigration is sleeping on it
Atleast you received some response
I haven't received anything yet after raising a webform
Good.to. hear there is some progress!

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
I think that all of us waiting for COPR extensions are in the same boat- until the minister of immigration does not provide direction IRCC wont move its finger.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Same here.. haven't received anything after raising web form. Good to know you got some response. Did you get an email saying that?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Same here.. haven't received anything after raising web form. Good to know you got some response. Did you get an email saying that?
I would encourage everyone awaiting COPr extensions to contact their local MPs and ask for status update on webform request- lets see what response does IRCC give as well as for the MP itself to inquire about the status on your file as IRCC responds to MPs in days rather than months

https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en use this link and type in your postal code and it will give you the name of your MP, click on it and then the contact tab will give you the email and telephone details

Last edited: