+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
Generally, CIC news is pretty much on the money- however have asked IRCC to confirm- i guess they would have announced it on twitter or on their page somewhere if it was true, however this would make sense as all offices are closed- will post any updates
Oh ok
Thanx !

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Thanks for letting us know. has cic officially posted it on the website?

Could you please confirm if expired COPR holders can travel to Canada? The following link states that travel is allowed
Holders of expired COPR and PR visas may travel to Canada
Canada's immigration department has issued new guidelines for holders of expired permanent residence visas.
cicnews.com

IRCC
@CitImmCanada

Replying to

1/2 You can travel to Canada if your CoPR was approved after March 18, 2020 and you are travelling from the United States to settle and live in Canada. If you are a permanent resident with a CoPR that was approved before March 18, 2020, you can also travel to Canada.
2:16 PM · Jul 31, 2020

IRCC
@CitImmCanada

Replying to

2/2 If your CoPR was issued on or after March 19, 2020, and you are travelling from outside the United States, then the travel restrictions apply. You will have to wait until those restrictions change to come to Canada. Learn more: https://canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#approved…

Last edited by a moderator:

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for letting us know. has cic officially posted it on the website?
According to CIC website, the followings are exepmt from travel restrictions:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your CoPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR and:

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply

So, parents(not grandparents) who got their COPRs issued under PGP program are exempt from travel resitrictions.

ayrakhan

May 24, 2018
I got the passport request letter Aug21.

Letter has my old mailing address on it even though I have updated it on CIC last year and it’s showing my current address on CIC account. I have emailed the London office to update the address but do I have to wait for them to send me confirmation or can I submit passports with the copy of this letter?

Also need to complete information chart appendix A. It has space for applicant, spouse and children.
Do I fill in all of the children info even though they are not accompanying and not dependent of my parents or is it just the parents info?
Thanks

Reactions: USK

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
I got the passport request letter Aug21.

Letter has my old mailing address on it even though I have updated it on CIC last year and it’s showing my current address on CIC account. I have emailed the London office to update the address but do I have to wait for them to send me confirmation or can I submit passports with the copy of this letter?

Also need to complete information chart appendix A. It has space for applicant, spouse and children.
Do I fill in all of the children info even though they are not accompanying and not dependent of my parents or is it just the parents info?
Thanks
Congrats. Reading a good news after a long time.
Looks like London VO is finally opened.

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Is there anyone who got any update/good news from New Delhi office ? I am wondering if they are working on PR application anymore...

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
According to CIC website, the followings are exepmt from travel restrictions:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
Note: If your confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) is expired, follow these steps.

You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your CoPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR and:

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18th, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time) or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply

So, parents(not grandparents) who got their COPRs issued under PGP program are exempt from travel resitrictions.
Can anybody tell me a dependent of PGP application can travel with them?

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
I read it somewhere but not sure but looks like the processing in New Delhi LVO will open in September. They were closed due to lockdown. I am also waiting.
Thanks . I am also waiting to hear about COPR renewal. My parents visa expired in April. Filled web form saying ready to travel but no news yet. Application status changed to In Process.Anyone in the same situation?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Thanks . I am also waiting to hear about COPR renewal. My parents visa expired in April. Filled web form saying ready to travel but no news yet. Application status changed to In Process.Anyone in the same situation?
i was wondering if any news from NDVO about COPR extension- I have raised the webform for the second time as re booked the tickets to OCT 2- my online status has not changed though.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
i was wondering if any news from NDVO about COPR extension- I have raised the webform for the second time as re booked the tickets to OCT 2- my online status has not changed though.
What is the status of your application online? Is it In Progress or changed? is your visa office New Delhi? Are the visa office open or still closed in India?

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
What is the status of your application online? Is it In Progress or changed? is your visa office New Delhi? Are the visa office open or still closed in India?
It states APPROVED- but that is from Aug 2019, yes the VO is New Delhi- the visa offices are closed but I was under the impression that ETA would be provided via email

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
It states APPROVED- but that is from Aug 2019, yes the VO is New Delhi- the visa offices are closed but I was under the impression that ETA would be provided via email
Is your visa expired and you raised webform for visa renewal and ready to travel? Also did you send email to Delhi VO stating the same?