Sreshta15

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Request
15-05-2019
Thanks .. will do. But now their copr is already expired so they cannot travel. Waiting for updates on the extension. Then they will fly asap.

i believe, they will not send any extension as such.... but once you decide travelling rough dates or month..we have to submit websform...then they will send instructions on next steps.

My mom's COPR was expired on June 10th, but im planning to book tickets sometime in august 1st week (hoping flights will operate). i will first submit webform informing IRCC that we are willing to travel in august 1st week.

hoping they will not ask for another medicals.. (mom's last medicals was in May/June 2019)...

anyone else submitted webform on their travel plan after COPR expiry ?? please share your communication/experience...

thanks...

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Awesome news and update to share;
my parents COPR and PRV got expired on 30 May 2020, they are in Canada on visit visa , we contacted LVO to inform them that they can’t do landing (inland neither boarder) due to COVId station and they advised , the nearest office to your Canadian address will contact you, boom today IRCC office near to our home address, sent a letter that my parents became Permanent resident. And this letter is their PR landing confirmation.

I’m May 2018 applicant for family sponsor.

those who are in a same situation as me, check your myCIC inbox you may have the same letter waiting for you.

best of luck whoever is waiting, it will come!

Last edited:
Reactions: Atif.Ayub

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Hello fellas...
logging in after a while.
There hasn't been any movement on my dad's application. He passed medical on Feb 26th. My timeline is in the signature.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Awesome news and update to share;
my parents COPR and PRV got expired on 30 May 2020, they are in Canada on visit visa , we contacted LVO to inform them that they can’t do landing (inland neither boarder) due to COVId station and they advised , the nearest office to your Canadian address will contact you, boom today IRCC office near to our home address, sent a letter that my parents became Permanent resident. And this letter is their PR landing confirmation.

I’m May 2018 applicant for family sponsor.

those who are in a same situation as me, check your myCIC inbox you may have the same letter waiting for you.

best of luck whoever is waiting, it will come!
That's awesome. Congrats!

kumark

Apr 1, 2009
Hi,
Is there anybody in the forum who have received CPR extension so far or any update? your response is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

The Old Mate

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
What about the new travel ban ? If someone has Approved Or Expried COPR , would airline let them board ? Seems like It’s mostly depends on airline staff now. Two days ago my friend and his wife (work permit holder) came here and at Delhi airport , air India staff didn’t alow to board for COPR candidate. How’s they working ? The guidelines should be clearly stated.

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
What about the new travel ban ? If someone has Approved Or Expried COPR , would airline let them board ? Seems like It’s mostly depends on airline staff now. Two days ago my friend and his wife (work permit holder) came here and at Delhi airport , air India staff didn’t alow to board for COPR candidate. How’s they working ? The guidelines should be clearly stated.
I am not too sure why would they board or book with Air India- useless airline and looting the general public - had the option to get my parents over by AI, however I chose the option of letting their COPR expire today rather than make them go through the bureaucracy- Avoid Air India at any costs Covid or no Covid

The Old Mate

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I am not too sure why would they board or book with Air India- useless airline and looting the general public - had the option to get my parents over by AI, however I chose the option of letting their COPR expire today rather than make them go through the bureaucracy- Avoid Air India at any costs Covid or no Covid
Agreed , they are charging way more than profit. I don’t think they will send any instructions sooner for expired COPR. Probably they will wait until the end of this year. Then May b new medical and PCC and all the process again.

Reactions: innocentkool

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Is LVO - New Delhi open? or does anyone knows when will they start processing applications again?
I sent an email to NDVO and received an auto reponse as pasted below

8:56 AM (6 minutes ago)
to me

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19

Effective March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada has imposed restrictions on all travel to Canada by anyone who is not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada. Limited exceptions apply to some foreign nationals. For information on travel to Canada, please visit the Government of Canada page on Travel Advice and Advisories and, in particular, consult the Travel health notices. Visit the IRCC page for up-to-date information on special measures put in place by IRCC to help temporary and permanent resident applicants affected by COVID-19.

LIMITED OPERATIONS
The Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi will be limiting its operations until further notice. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are closed. Please visit our Facebook page for more information in service disruptions and what this means for your application.
Note that the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada we will not be responding to general inquiries or status requests. For the most up-to-date case status information, link your application to your online account.

Reactions: hungrypanda0016

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
@neeti2090 - Hello Neeti- Did you get any response on your extension request for COPRs- My parents COPR expired on July 2 and I filed a request via web form as well as sent an email to NDVO today- with expected dates to fly out in late August or Mid September.

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
I sent an email to NDVO and received an auto reponse as pasted below

8:56 AM (6 minutes ago)
to me

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19

Effective March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada has imposed restrictions on all travel to Canada by anyone who is not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada. Limited exceptions apply to some foreign nationals. For information on travel to Canada, please visit the Government of Canada page on Travel Advice and Advisories and, in particular, consult the Travel health notices. Visit the IRCC page for up-to-date information on special measures put in place by IRCC to help temporary and permanent resident applicants affected by COVID-19.

LIMITED OPERATIONS
The Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi will be limiting its operations until further notice. The Migration Sections at the Consulate in Bangalore and the Consulate in Chandigarh are closed. Please visit our Facebook page for more information in service disruptions and what this means for your application.
Note that the Migration Section at the High Commission of Canada we will not be responding to general inquiries or status requests. For the most up-to-date case status information, link your application to your online account.
It says on this link https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/

That VFS office Delhi is closed till September 2020.

So guess that's the standard letter you received
I'm waiting too to re apply after the expired COPR but guess at this point its a waste of time since India has no regular international flights and Canada had mentioned that anyone after March 2020 who have a COPR cannot travel so that applies to us I guess so.....

So it's like a waiting game again and likely when will India start normal international flights then may be we have a chance to re apply for COPR

Repartation Flights are crazy heard that they issue tickets without names and at times when you reach the airport its chaotic and hell and they turn you away and ur money is just stuck with the airline
Plus its too expensive these crazy flights!!

Reactions: innocentkool

aniebeez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2015
@neeti2090 - Hello Neeti- Did you get any response on your extension request for COPRs- My parents COPR expired on July 2 and I filed a request via web form as well as sent an email to NDVO today- with expected dates to fly out in late August or Mid September.
Where are your parents from India? Which state since only Repartation flights are started and ongoing
Wondering u mentioned ur Parents will fly out in Late August September
Did you already book their tickets ?? Since u mentioned u have an expired COPR and you don't have an extension?