+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Hey @RanjithP when did you get PPR? If I remember correctly your parents also had government service background.
I submitted the requested documents on October 22nd and still waiting for a review by the officer.
Ppr came last week. Yes we had government service. I submitted our documents a month before you. So I think you are almost there. By the way, don’t worry much about gckey status, it doesn’t always reflect latest status.

Reactions: ankz001

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
It's like super quick...my parents passports received in ottawa on 24 dec.....and return tracker is already activated ...I m expecting to receive it anytime today...I was thinking it takes 3 weeks ....
Yeah, it was quick especially considering the holidays. Mine finally got there today. Hope it comes back quickly like yours.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Ppr came last week. Yes we had government service. I submitted our documents a month before you. So I think you are almost there. By the way, don’t worry much about gckey status, it doesn’t always reflect latest status.
Thanks for sending positive vibes. Crossed fingers. Many congratulations to you!

Reactions: Atif.Ayub

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
Friends received parents passports with visas stamped....got a doubt....my address on copr is my consultant address...I want it to be my home address ..I mean I want pr cards to be sent to my home address when they do flagpoling..so how do we get it changed..pls suggest..

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Friends received parents passports with visas stamped....got a doubt....my address on copr is my consultant address...I want it to be my home address ..I mean I want pr cards to be sent to my home address when they do flagpoling..so how do we get it changed..pls suggest..
When you do landing, the officer will confirm what address the PR card should be sent to. You can give your address at that point. You can also update address via ecas.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
My MIL have to leave for India in 2 weeks. I am still waiting for medical, bio and PPR.

Is it true that her file will be transferred to New Delhi once I change her mailing address to Indian address?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
My MIL have to leave for India in 2 weeks. I am still waiting for medical, bio and PPR.

Is it true that her file will be transferred to New Delhi once I change her mailing address to Indian address?
If she's coming back to Canada after her 2-weeks trip back home, then there is no point in changing her address in the first place. it is very unlikely that all three steps - medical, bio metric and PPR - will come while she's gone. They give you a month to comply with each request. So, I'd say there's no need to worry about her absence for two weeks.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Yes, I also have not heard since June 2019. Waiting for PPR

Thanks
It looks like background check is taking a while to complete. That's the only holdup I can think of after IME passed. My parents got PPR two days after IME passed. But, they had visitor visa which helped to move BGNCHK a bit quicker. If you parents have visitor or super visa, I'd send an email or webform inquiry into the delay.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Out of curiosity, has anybody from Pakistan in the 2nd round invitees, seen any movement? My dad's application still says DM on Sponsorship and " Application Received" on Applicant status in ECAS.
My CIC hasnt moved either for months....
Finally an update. ECAS status for Permanent residence Application changed to In Process from "Application Received". the details say: we started processing your application on Decmber 19, 2019. This is in London UK Visa Office. My dad carries a Pakistani passport.
Can anybody please guide me, how long does it take from here?

Reactions: SAM_2014

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
I was just analyzing tracker for london Visa office cases of 2018.

@Atif.Ayub your AOR from london was in July .

AND

@petal765 your AOR from London was in June.

are your status for PR in Ecas application received or In process? If In process then soon some movement.

I think people around feb and march AORs from london office are getting PCC and Medical requests.
Thanks Sam!
Mine turned to under process on December 19, 2019

Reactions: SAM_2014

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Finally an update. ECAS status for Permanent residence Application changed to In Process from "Application Received". the details say: we started processing your application on Decmber 19, 2019. This is in London UK Visa Office. My dad carries a Pakistani passport.
Can anybody please guide me, how long does it take from here?
Expect to get the PCC, medical and travel forms requests soon.
Hope they don't ask for biometrics again.
Keep us posted.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
If she's coming back to Canada after her 2-weeks trip back home, then there is no point in changing her address in the first place. it is very unlikely that all three steps - medical, bio metric and PPR - will come while she's gone. They give you a month to comply with each request. So, I'd say there's no need to worry about her absence for two weeks.
Hi,
In fact my MIL is going for a couple of months. She is leaving in two weeks that’s what I meant.
She doesn’t have visa for re-entry. So she will come back with PR visa.
In that case if I change her mailing address to Indian address is it true her file will be transferred to New Delhi?