App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
I beleive my passport is with Ottawa office for the longest. They received it on Sep 26th. I called and they said its in queue for printing. She said as its been more than a month, she will send a message but nothign so far. I called two days ago.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I called cic customer service number to find out if they received my email I sent 3 weeks ago. Email contained documents they requested as per generic email sent on sep 27 for pcc, cv etc.

For is frustrating is after selecting all the options right, they make me enter application number starting with F. And they disconnected my call. I called at least 20 times. Is it me who is doing something wrong?
How can i speak with a cic agent?
Thanks
Select options 2-1-3-0 to talk to an agent. They ask fo UCI number for privacy issues.

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Hi Experts :)
Do sponsored parents require to file taxes? They have incomes from back home none in Canada.
If your parents have property valued $100,000.00 or more it is better to file taxes for them declaring the immovable assets, that way if they decide to bring money after selling property, there would be no issues.. of course any gain in value will be taxable as i understood from fellow members..

bombomdha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
@jas1989
did your passports get shipped back.. ?
looks like mine was approved in the evening time.. as when i logged in, it shows approved on 28-Oct..

@bombomdha when you sent the request for in-land landing to the email, did you use the counterfoil expiry date that we see in the myCIC account?
i am planning to send the email, if can use that, so that i can gain couple of days..
yes I used that info as it is the same as in COPR.
When I sent an email to request for an appointment for inland validating COPR, they replied in 2 days stating they reviewed the entire file and did not find my name as representative but only as a son (sponsor), so, they asked me to help my mom submit my name as her representative.

I rather decided to drive down south to Coutts/ Sweetgrass for boarder landing.

Everything went so smooth, except for the US Custom boarder protection officer saying - if you came from Canada and going to Canada back, use washroom in Canada. Lol!

US officers took our passports at the window and asked us to park our vehicle on the corner and get into their office. We went in and waited for 10 min. They brought a letter stating they refused my mom admission to US on administrative grounds and asked us to take a u turn. We drove south some 100 meters and took u turn to Canadian entry lanes.

they asked few questions about cash, firearms, and said park and enter office.
They came to door to welcome my mom. Processed everything in 10 min and asked me to explain to my mom that she has the same rights as that officer except voting in terms of citizens.

Canadian officers were so friendly. I would rate them 10 out of 10, and Americans only 3 out of 10. Canadian officers are too good.

Last edited:

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
Many parts of that form are specific to police or military jobs. You can put not applicable if something is not relevant. But include everything else like title, location, name of supervisor etc. Also include a cover letter explaining the same.

Even I had the same issue with a duplicate slot for this form. To submit the form, I uploaded it on both slots because otherwise it will not let you submit. Cic confirmed everything is received and good.
Hi @RanjithP , another question : do we just need to provide the details in the form or shall we also send the proof of service etc..?

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
yes I used that info as it is the same as in COPR.
When I sent an email to request for an appointment for inland validating COPR, they replied in 2 days stating they reviewed the entire file and did not find my name as representative but only as a son (sponsor), so, they asked me to help my mom submit my name as her representative.

I rather decided to drive down south to Coutts/ Sweetgrass for boarder landing.

Everything went so smooth, except for the US Custom boarder protection officer saying - if you came from Canada and going to Canada back, use washroom in Canada. Lol!

US officers took our passports at the window and asked us to park our vehicle on the corner and get into their office. We went in and waited for 10 min. They brought a letter stating they refused my mom admission to US on administrative grounds and asked us to take a u turn. We drove south some 100 meters and took u turn to Canadian entry lanes.

they asked few questions about cash, firearms, and said park and enter office.
They came to door to welcome my mom. Processed everything in 10 min and asked me to explain to my mom that she has the same rights as that officer except voting in terms of citizens.

Canadian officers were so friendly. I would rate them 10 out of 10, and Americans only 3 out of 10. Canadian officers are too good.
Thanks @bombomdha .. Congratulations ..

I am waiting on email from the office now.. if i dont see anything, might have to drive 3+hrs to the border.. Their automated email says, they would respond in 30 days, but ppl have said, they are usually quick in responding in 2-3 days.. so waiting for it now..

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Does it take longer to process if parents worked in the Government jobs? My timelines are similar to you and we haven't got any update after medical passed except pre-arrival letter in Sep and my parents worked in Govt. jobs.
Thanks

Police job is also govt job. My understanding is govt job (Not police) takes less time than Police job.

What is Pre-Arrival Letter?. What does it says? I never get that. My Father In Law is retired Police officer

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi Experts :)
Do sponsored parents require to file taxes? They have incomes from back home none in Canada.
All Canadian PR and Citizens has responsibility to file taxes. Does not matter if you have income or not. Even if you have zero income you need to file tax. This question better suited for accountant. OR search google like "Canadian Permanent residents' responsibilties". I found this from the link

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/newcomers-canada-immigrants.html
Newcomers to Canada (immigrants and returning residents)
If you left another country to settle in Canada, the following information will introduce you to the Canadian tax system and help you to complete your first income tax and benefit return as a resident of Canada.

It applies only for the first tax year that you are a new resident of Canada for income tax purposes. After your first tax year in Canada, you are no longer considered a newcomer for income tax purposes.

Video: Newcomers to Canada and the Canadian Tax System