+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Is it normal that ecas stated DM (both sponsor approval and PR application) but there's no update on linked myCIC account?

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Is it normal that ecas stated DM (both sponsor approval and PR application) but there's no update on linked myCIC account?
Yes.. it happened to most of us recently.. the next step is that they will notify via email in a few days... you may call after a day if your file was being processed outside of Canada, as the info is synchronized with a delay and agent can let you know the decision...
if you receive email, well and good..

Do keep eye on your spam/junk mailbox as for many of us the passport request that came, were sitting in junk folder.

Reactions: YVR123

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Called Cic and they said the passports has been out since yesterday but the tracker didn’t activate ? How is that possible ? Anyone ?

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
Hi Experts , I have received a letter in MyCIC account requesting following details:
> Details of Govt Service: Please complete Government Service Details form (enclosed). This must be received at this office by: 2019/11/28

Also, In MyCIC , I can also see the form "Details of Police Service and Government Positions"

So basically two new messages with title as "Request Letter" , one as a letter requesting the form and another is the form itself.

I have two questions:

1 - My father was a Govt teacher . How do I fill this form, it seems specific to Military/police services?

2 - When I go into the view submitted application or upload document link in MyCIC , I see there are two documents listed for upload but both the document name is same i.e Details of Government Service (required) and details says Replacement Needed ..
Can you please suggest why two items listed as I thought only one form need to be filled and uploaded which is "Details of Police Service and Government Positions" form.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Hi Experts , I have received a letter in MyCIC account requesting following details:
> Details of Govt Service: Please complete Government Service Details form (enclosed). This must be received at this office by: 2019/11/28

Also, In MyCIC , I can also see the form "Details of Police Service and Government Positions"

So basically two new messages with title as "Request Letter" , one as a letter requesting the form and another is the form itself.

I have two questions:

1 - My father was a Govt teacher . How do I fill this form, it seems specific to Military/police services?

2 - When I go into the view submitted application or upload document link in MyCIC , I see there are two documents listed for upload but both the document name is same i.e Details of Government Service (required) and details says Replacement Needed ..
Can you please suggest why two items listed as I thought only one form need to be filled and uploaded which is "Details of Police Service and Government Positions" form.
Many parts of that form are specific to police or military jobs. You can put not applicable if something is not relevant. But include everything else like title, location, name of supervisor etc. Also include a cover letter explaining the same.

Even I had the same issue with a duplicate slot for this form. To submit the form, I uploaded it on both slots because otherwise it will not let you submit. Cic confirmed everything is received and good.

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
Many parts of that form are specific to police or military jobs. You can put not applicable if something is not relevant. But include everything else like title, location, name of supervisor etc. Also include a cover letter explaining the same.

Even I had the same issue with a duplicate slot for this form. To submit the form, I uploaded it on both slots because otherwise it will not let you submit. Cic confirmed everything is received and good.
Thanks Ranjith

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
I called cic customer service number to find out if they received my email I sent 3 weeks ago. Email contained documents they requested as per generic email sent on sep 27 for pcc, cv etc.

For is frustrating is after selecting all the options right, they make me enter application number starting with F. And they disconnected my call. I called at least 20 times. Is it me who is doing something wrong?
How can i speak with a cic agent?
Thanks