+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Just saw after your notification, CIC profile update in GC key approved. Now the passport time to dispatch. Hopefully tomorrow or wednesday they will do it.

4 oct received,
btw.. do you see counterfoil and other information on COPR on the portal? will it help to request for inland landing once it is approved online?

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
btw.. do you see counterfoil and other information on COPR on the portal? will it help to request for inland landing once it is approved online?

Yes it does counterfoil no and issue and date of expiry. Not sure that would help to request for inland landing. I am doing flagpolling

haffi47

May 22, 2018
I used dubai police app, it didnt accept ID, saying invalid, there is a date on my parents ID. Please let me know which link u used, bcoz also dubai police website page also says sending fingerprint by mail as a seperate point when i try to fill in details.
I am copying link hopefully helpful, few things which I learn by hit and trial way are: asked for address, I just entered Canadian address, asked for GCC but Canadian card accepted for payment .
For more details you can refer forum titled, Version 2019 Guide to police clearance certificate for the UAE.
https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservices/goodconductcertificate/!ut/p/z1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfIjo8zi_T29HQ2NvA183b3dDA0cfTxNzMMCTQxMzAz1w1EV-JsFmxg4mhqbuVgYmRsaeJrrRxGj3wAHcDQgrD8KnxKDQGN0BWhODDQkoADkB7ACPI4MTizSL8gNjTDI9NQFAK2jq7I!/dz/d5/L0lHSkovd0RNQUZrQUVnQSEhLzROVkUvZW4!/

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
I am copying link hopefully helpful, few things which I learn by hit and trial way are: asked for address, I just entered Canadian address, asked for GCC but Canadian card accepted for payment .
For more details you can refer forum titled, Version 2019 Guide to police clearance certificate for the UAE.
https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/wps/portal/home/services/individualservices/goodconductcertificate/!ut/p/z1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfIjo8zi_T29HQ2NvA183b3dDA0cfTxNzMMCTQxMzAz1w1EV-JsFmxg4mhqbuVgYmRsaeJrrRxGj3wAHcDQgrD8KnxKDQGN0BWhODDQkoADkB7ACPI4MTizSL8gNjTDI9NQFAK2jq7I!/dz/d5/L0lHSkovd0RNQUZrQUVnQSEhLzROVkUvZW4!/
Thank you for all the help.

deb_deb87

Oct 23, 2019
Finally was able to link my paper application with the online account. Medical is passed since July 8 and still reviewing eligibility and background check. What does the eligibility mean? Do you guys have an idea of how long it might take? I already sent the police certificates back in June and my parents do not need to do the biometrics. Thank you!

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Finally was able to link my paper application with the online account. Medical is passed since July 8 and still reviewing eligibility and background check. What does the eligibility mean? Do you guys have an idea of how long it might take? I already sent the police certificates back in June and my parents do not need to do the biometrics. Thank you!
In my case it took 4 months after passed medical to receive passport request.. but there are many who got it real quick too..
I would say it should be soon enough if they don’t ask for RCMP fingerprints check.

youmight also check the tracker sheet.. it does give a fair idea of time it takes on an average.

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Yes it does counterfoil no and issue and date of expiry. Not sure that would help to request for inland landing. I am doing flagpolling
Thanks.. I believe the expiry would be same on the COPR.. May be as soon as I see online, I shall send out an email for inland landing.. if they give an appointment quickly, I won’t go for flagpoling.. it’s a 3 hr drive.. so back and forth will be too tiresome for parents.. but if it is too long for appointment then will have to do flagpoling.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Does it take longer to process if parents worked in the Government jobs? My timelines are similar to you and we haven't got any update after medical passed except pre-arrival letter in Sep and my parents worked in Govt. jobs.
Based on experience of many forum members, it appears government jobs add to the processing time. Our bgc seems to take longer as both my parents were in government jobs - just normal desk jobs, but still ...

pgp20182nd

Star Member
Oct 29, 2018
Based on experience of many forum members, it appears government jobs add to the processing time. Our bgc seems to take longer as both my parents were in government jobs - just normal desk jobs, but still ...
True!
Same here, Father was in military, bgc in progress since last 4 months and no update :(

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
@jas1989
did your passports get shipped back.. ?
looks like mine was approved in the evening time.. as when i logged in, it shows approved on 28-Oct..

@bombomdha when you sent the request for in-land landing to the email, did you use the counterfoil expiry date that we see in the myCIC account?
i am planning to send the email, if can use that, so that i can gain couple of days..