+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Hi Everybody , I got PPR today after a month of DM , as people pointed out, its from NDVO office even though aplication was processed at Missisassuaga
My parent's timeline:
2nd round 2018 applicant
Application Received - Oct 4 , 2018
AOR - Jan 4, 2019
Proesseing Started April 4th 2019
Medical Req - June 26, 2019
Medicals Cleared Aug 7th 2019
DM - Sep 14, 2019
PPR -Oct 10th 2019
Office - CPC Mississauga
@YULIA-2016 Please add me to the list and hope this helps others

Reactions: YULIA-2016

bombomdha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Received pre-arrival services email from CPC-Ottawa. How long does it take for them to print COPR after this, does anybody know?

or is it how they let us know they received passports for COPR and visa ?

Last edited:

flaviast

Jul 27, 2015
Hi y'all,

Just a quick update - Decision Made in Ecas (Principal Applicant) - Yulia, could you please update the spreadsheet?

And now.. the question that has probably been answered a million times already... How long until mycic account will be actualized, and the rest of the docs are issues? My parents don't need a visa to enter Canada, so I guess there's not going to be a passport request.. What would be the next steps here?

Thanks!

flaviast

Jul 27, 2015
Oh, forgot to mention.. Last week we got a Medical Surveillance Undertaking form for my mom - S2.2 inactive TB, not worried about it, but figured it's worth mentioning..

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, visa on hand and COPR on Tuesday. They passed their passport in Manila VFS on Monday then got text and email on Tuesday to collect the passports. Less than 24 hrs of processing of my parents passport. So happy. Flight will be on Nov. thanks everyone for information and updates.

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Guys, visa on hand and COPR on Tuesday. They passed their passport in Manila VFS on Monday then got text and email on Tuesday to collect the passports. Less than 24 hrs of processing of my parents passport. So happy. Flight will be on Nov. thanks everyone for information and updates.
How did you get COPR? My brother received text message that passport is ready for collection. Passport submitted on Wednesday afternoon and ready for collection Friday. Just wondering why I didn’t receive COPR yet.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
I posted my timeline in PGP-2019 by mistake. Please add me in tracker if not already done.

@YULIA-2016, @robertp
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People: Mother-in-law
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: QC
  • Invitations Receive Date: 18 Jul 2018
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: 21 Sep 2018
  • AoR Received (DATE): 12 Dec 2018
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. :DM and PR appl.: In Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date: 15 Apr 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: 23 Apr 2019
  • CSQ issued: 15 Jul 2019
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date :
  • Comment : generic letter asking PCC, Biometrics etc received sep 27 2019

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Can someone explain what happens to applicant currently in Canada on supervisa after you submit PCC, IMM5562, CV, country specific requirements by email.

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hi y'all,

Just a quick update - Decision Made in Ecas (Principal Applicant) - Yulia, could you please update the spreadsheet?

And now.. the question that has probably been answered a million times already... How long until mycic account will be actualized, and the rest of the docs are issues? My parents don't need a visa to enter Canada, so I guess there's not going to be a passport request.. What would be the next steps here?

Thanks!
I am in the same boat and waiting but I think they will need the passports anyway. Your parents may not need a visa to enter Canada as visitors but now they will be entering to become permanent residents. I believe a visa is issued in their passports in all cases in these circumstances regardless of country of origin. I am happy to be proven wrong though as my parents are also from a country whose citizens do not need a visa to enter as visitors.

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Can someone explain what happens to applicant currently in Canada on supervisa after you submit PCC, IMM5562, CV, country specific requirements by email.
Do not think it matters where they are and on what visa. You should submit what is required and they will guide you through process. Once all approved and they have the passports back in their hands, if your parents are here, they can go to the border to enter Canada or make an appointment to do an in-land entry at an office.

Reactions: MineshPatel

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How did you get COPR? My brother received text message that passport is ready for collection. Passport submitted on Wednesday afternoon and ready for collection Friday. Just wondering why I didn’t receive COPR yet.
My parents got the COPR together with the passport with visa.