+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

billly

Dec 22, 2018
Line 115: Received passports back with PR visa stamped on Oct 4. It took 2 weeks for Ottawa to issue it and send it back. We did our landing on the same day as well i.e. Oct 4th. My parents are now PRs, got their Health Cards, Drivers Licences and SIN numbers. Good luck to everyone else and thanks for all the support throughout this process.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hello guys ! I am really confused and need your kind help , my brother filed my parents sponsorship for the draw in 2018 they were not selected in initial draw but later were selected around aug 2018 , the fees was paid and application submitted in 2018 December , we were given two numbers
Sponsers uci and application number
in april 2019 by brother account showed notification that the process just started and time line is 20-24 month

is this ok ? I am confused did my brother do something wrong , if my situation makes sense to anyone , please help me we were of the opinion that once application us accepted it gets processed under a year.

awaiting your kind replies
Your "situation" does make sense as the rest of us are in the same situation.

Processing time of 20-24 months starts the date your application reached Ottawa. So if your application reached Ottawa in December of 2018, the processing should be completed on or before December 2020.
Hope this helps.

parpr2018

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Line 115: Received passports back with PR visa stamped on Oct 4. It took 2 weeks for Ottawa to issue it and send it back. We did our landing on the same day as well i.e. Oct 4th. My parents are now PRs, got their Health Cards, Drivers Licences and SIN numbers. Good luck to everyone else and thanks for all the support throughout this process.
What province are you from? I heard from folks that Ontario you will have to wait for 3 months for getting OHIP.

iris_lf

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2014

bombomdha

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Hmm.. Thanks @kami999.. For Ontario need to wait 3 months after landing. waiting on passports so can do flag-poling.

Passport delivered today. @bombomdha did you get the passport(s) back yet? how long did it took?
I am checking my cic account every 3 minutes and somebody righty chose the username waiting kills! Nothing as of now. Waiting is really painful!

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
did the original applicants got the Visa issued?

No we didn’t proceed with submission of passports. We informed IRCC that we have one more dependent child who is now coming with parents, initially that child wasn’t.
So no we didn’t submit the passports for visa and CoPR, knowing we need to include this child and we do qualify for additional one.

Mary60

Aug 9, 2019
For those of you who were requested to submit parent's CV, service details, travel details etc. due to govt. employment - did this delay the BGC process much? I submitted these docs last week to Mississauga and for now it just shows as "additional documents uploaded" in cic account. Just wondering how long it might take to get to 'Decision Made' and PPR... :)
I received the letter for military service and CV on Aug 2nd and submitted them on Aug 19th. We got DM on Sep 9th and PPR on Sep 30th. Just a quick note that the request letter for PCC and travel was was received on Jul 2nd separately and back ground check started mid July after we submitted the Police certificate and travel details.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: RanjithP

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
@YULIA-2016 please add to tracker
LVO: Mississauga
Invitation received - July 31, 2018
Sponsorship for: PIL (Mother-in-law, Father-in-law)
Nationality: Indian
Application received - September 27, 2018
Started processing application - March 20, 2019.
MEDICAL REQUESTED: May 8, 2019
SA APPROVAL: June 3, 2019
Medical status updated as 'Passed' - August 19, 2019

Reactions: YULIA-2016

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
I received the letter for military service and CV on Aug 2nd and submitted them on Aug 19th. We got DM on Sep 9th and PPR on Sep 30th. Just a quick note that the request letter for PCC and travel was was received on Jul 2nd separately and back ground check started mid July after we submitted the Police certificate and travel details.

Hope this helps!
Thank you so much, that helps.

Waiting_Kills

Star Member
Apr 22, 2016
Status changed to "documents being reviewed" and "background check in process. We will inform you if we need more information".

How many more days should it take before PPR? LVO - Ottawa.

PGP2018_QC

Aug 17, 2018
Hi
I sponsored my MIL in 2018 from QC just like you.
She is currently in Canada and was also in Canada at the time of application.
I received CSQ in July.
I received generic letter for PCC, biometrics, imm5562 etc on 27 Sep.
May i ask whether your parents were here or back home during this whole process?
Can you suggest how my application will unfold since she is currently here?
I mean PCC i can do here but what about medical, biometrics and PPR? I am confused.
Thank you for guidance.
@MineshPatel , my parents were mostly in Bangladesh but they did come to see me for a while in Canada. We submitted everything from Bangladesh i.e. police clearance, bio metrics, medical and PPR. As per my knowledge, you can do medical and bio metrics from Canada as well. Not sure about PPR though.

Reactions: MineshPatel

petal765

Mar 20, 2014
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london/isb
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
12/18
File Transfer...
July8,2019
Med's Request
December 27,2019
Med's Done....
January 14,2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
February 11,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 18,2020
LANDED..........
March 04,2020
Anyone from 2nd round with London LVO revieved any response from London?