+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

vikaz7

Feb 10, 2015
Hello Friends

My Timeline is as below: For both my parents (currently in India)

File Received at CIC: 04-09-2018
Sponsor Approval: 27-02-2019
Visa Office: Ottawa
Medical & PCC requested: 28-02-2019
First set of Medical Test results submitted:15-03-2019
Further medical tests requested (For Primary Applicant):30-04-2019
Final medical reports submitted:15-07-2019
Medical Results:Still awaited
Background check :Not asked for so far

As of yetserday-Sep 27,2019 my file has been transferred to CPC-Mississauga Office for further processing and my consultant says that no further documents are required !! (Earlier my file was with Ottawa office)
E-Cas:In process

Is this transfer of file under a normal process or is this a positive development/ what could possibly be expected from Mississauga office ! Many Thanks....

PedDoc

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
I see many people from 2019 applicants get RPF,PCC requests today in the PGP 2019 thread from CPC Mississauga .
Looks like they are focusing on 2019 applicants now ,rather than pending 2018 applicants

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
Hi everyone,

I received an emailthis morning from IRCC this morning with the PDF attachments asking the following information bolded below. I have already paid RPRF, Provide copy of passports for parents, travel information form ( IMM5562) and also my work related experience during the initial submission of documents. Also I provided a copy of PCC via IRCC webform after i got SA approval in March 2019.

Can you please advise if i have to provide all the documents againa? Also why do they need my CV/Resume? Please see the entire request below from PDF...

-----------------------------------
Requirements for Processing

In order to minimize delays, if we do not already have a contact e-mail address for your relative, please have your relative submit a valid email address through our client web form:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx. Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:

 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): The Right of Permanent Residence Fee(s) must be submitted to this office.

Please refer to the CIC Website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp for detailed instructions on how to pay immigration fees

 Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative’s passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport.

 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.

Biometrics requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga

Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:

 The country where they currently live, and

 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).

Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it.

Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.

 Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.

Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

 Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM5562): The principal applicant and all family members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.

 Details of Military Service - IMM5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.

 CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.

In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by email to: IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

** Please include “PGP-APR” in the subject line of the email **

Should you choose to submit by mail, please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence addressed to:

CPC Mississauga – PGP APR

PO BOX 6100, Station A

Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4

Hopeful-India

Apr 12, 2019
Hi Everyone,

It has been over 2 weeks now since CIC received passports for visa stamping for my parents. Does anyone has any ideas how long does it take for them to send it back?

Panicking right now :(

vikaz7

Feb 10, 2015
Hi everyone,

I received an emailthis morning from IRCC this morning with the PDF attachments asking the following information bolded below. I have already paid RPRF, Provide copy of passports for parents, travel information form ( IMM5562) and also my work related experience during the initial submission of documents. Also I provided a copy of PCC via IRCC webform after i got SA approval in March 2019.

Can you please advise if i have to provide all the documents againa? Also why do they need my CV/Resume? Please see the entire request below from PDF...

In order to minimize delays, if we do not already have a contact e-mail address for your relative, please have your relative submit a valid email address through our client web form:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx. Please note that the following documentation is required for your sponsored family members. If not already included in your application, please obtain and submit as soon as possible:

 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): The Right of Permanent Residence Fee(s) must be submitted to this office.

Please refer to the CIC Website at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp for detailed instructions on how to pay immigration fees

 Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your relative’s passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure to include all pages of the passport.

 Biometrics (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives are required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet to submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.

Biometrics requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga

Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:

Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it.

Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.

 Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents.

Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

 Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM5562): The principal applicant and all family members included in the application who are 18 years of age or older must complete this form.

 Details of Military Service - IMM5546 (if applicable): Complete this form for anyone included on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable.

 CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.

In order to facilitate faster processing, please send these documents by email to: IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Should you choose to submit by mail, please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence addressed to:

PO BOX 6100, Station A

Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4

vikaz7

Feb 10, 2015
Hi Lucky

I also received the same response on Sep 27th 2019 from Mississauga office where as I have submitted all the documents around April 2019. The only thing still awaited is the medical results for my parents. Even I am not able to figure out the rationale behind this letter !!!

vikaz7

Feb 10, 2015
Hello Friends

My Timeline is as below: For both my parents (currently in India)

File Received at CIC: 04-09-2018
Sponsor Approval: 27-02-2019
Visa Office: Ottawa
Medical & PCC requested: 28-02-2019
First set of Medical Test results submitted:15-03-2019
Further medical tests requested (For Primary Applicant):30-04-2019
Final medical reports submitted:15-07-2019
Medical Results:Still awaited
Background check :Not asked for so far

As of yetserday-Sep 27,2019 my file has been transferred to CPC-Mississauga Office for further processing and my consultant says that no further documents are required !! (Earlier my file was with Ottawa office)

PO BOX 6100, Station A

Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4
E-Cas:In process

Is this transfer of file under a normal process or is this a positive development/ what could possibly be expected from Mississauga office ! Many Thanks....

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
Did you submit all the paperwork again? what about CV and biometrics? Is this is an official request for biometrics?

Hi Lucky

I also received the same response on Sep 27th 2019 from Mississauga office where as I have submitted all the documents around April 2019. The only thing still awaited is the medical results for my parents. Even I am not able to figure out the rationale behind this letter !!!

vikaz7

Feb 10, 2015
Did you submit all the paperwork again? what about CV and biometrics? Is this is an official request for biometrics?
I had applied through a consultant and they advised me not to submit anything again as we had submitted most of the documents earlier (in April 2019) but I am still confused. We havent done any biometrics yet.
In your case-whats the status of your medical results !!

luckysingh

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
Canada
I had applied through a consultant and they advised me not to submit anything again as we had submitted most of the documents earlier (in April 2019) but I am still confused. We havent done any biometrics yet.
In your case-whats the status of your medical results !!

It's in process and also my dad did biometric this year itself when he renewed his visitor visa but my mother didn't. so that mean my dad has to do biometric again? the profile is updated with his biometric number already though. Its a bit confusing process. Any senior can advise as well so we don't any requests from CIC as per my above comment?

tade22

Dec 8, 2014
Hello,

My mothers sponsorship application is in Acrra.
I received sponsorship approval in March 2019 and processing began shortly.
On Sept 27, we received pre arrival services letter
On Sept 30, we received medical, police certificate request and we were also asked to submit passport to VAC.

However, my mum is currently in Toronto visiting using her visitor visa and cannot submit passport to VAC(there is none in Canada).
I called the call center and agent asked me to send web form or call VAC.
Can anyone advise? Where do we send her passport within Canada? They have asked that we send within 2 weeks so this is very urgent.

Also, is it normal that they have asked for passport along with medical and police certificate?

iris_lf

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2014
Hi everyone,

PO BOX 6100, Station A

Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4

I got the exact same e-mail this morning and was going to ask if we need to provide all these or wait until CPC-Mississauga to contact us for the specific documents for our application as I think this e-mail is generic...

vikaz7

Feb 10, 2015
Hello All

Kindly, if you could you provide me any kind of sample of resume/CV for parents.That will be very helpful for me to understand the kind of information required . Many Thanks

Last edited:

vikaz7

Feb 10, 2015
I got the exact same e-mail this morning and was going to ask if we need to provide all these or wait until CPC-Mississauga to contact us for the specific documents for our application as I think this e-mail is generic...
I received the similar mail on Sep 27,2019 to which My consultant advised that IRCC has transferred some files to Mississauga office to divide the work load and to make the processing faster....I was advised not to re send any information unless asked specifically by CIC.

Last edited: