+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Faraahb

May 30, 2019
Hello,

I want to sponsor my parents and i have submitted interest to sponsor form. Also i received invitation to apply email.
When i am paying the fees i.e sponsorship fees, processing fees and right to permanent residence fee, it is showing that sponsorship fees and processing fees will not be refunded if my application is found ineligible.

My question is if i have received invitation to apply, so this means it is confirmed that i am eligible to sponsor?

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hello,

I want to sponsor my parents and i have submitted interest to sponsor form. Also i received invitation to apply email.
When i am paying the fees i.e sponsorship fees, processing fees and right to permanent residence fee, it is showing that sponsorship fees and processing fees will not be refunded if my application is found ineligible.

My question is if i have received invitation to apply, so this means it is confirmed that i am eligible to sponsor?

Make sure you read on Cic site what makes you eligible, invitation doesn’t

Reactions: YVR123

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hello,

If you meet the minimum income criteria you should be fine.
Getting an invitation to apply doesn't mean you meet the income criteria.

If you don't meet the income criteria, you shouldn't have submitted the intent to sponsor in the first place.
CIC will not (and should not) refund your fee if this is the case.
HTH

milanshergill

Jul 27, 2016
Hello guys,

I am posting this on Family Sponsorship 2018 because I am looking to get some answers from people who already went through the process and their Parents/Grandparents got their medical done.

My mom fought cancer about 2.5 years ago and has been in remission since then. She is doing great with God's grace but I am now sponsoring her under PGP 2019 program.

My questions are:
  • Did anyone had a similar case as mine where their family member fought cancer in last 5 years?
  • How did you parents/grandparents medical go?
  • Was it considered medically inadmissible based on the excessive demand?
I am really worried about our case and would like to get some motivation from other people whose parents/grandparents also fought cancer within last 5 years and successfully cleared medical?

Lenasi

Jun 17, 2019
I sent my application to sponsor my mother today but I just realized that I forgot to include the invitation letter with barcode that notifies that I was selected in the draw for sponsoring.

Is it bad ? What can I do to avoid they return my application ?

Thanks
Hi there,

I made the same mistake and forgot to include the invitation letter.

Does anyone have/had the same issue?

petal765

Mar 20, 2014
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london/isb
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
12/18
File Transfer...
July8,2019
Med's Request
December 27,2019
Med's Done....
January 14,2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
February 11,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 18,2020
LANDED..........
March 04,2020
Hi there,

I made the same mistake and forgot to include the invitation letter.

Does anyone have/had the same issue?
Call them and update... CIC will guide you in a better way

Lenasi

Jun 17, 2019
Call them and update... CIC will guide you in a better way
They don't answer the phone, the only way to communicate is by Web form. Wrote them 3 times, attached the invitation. They replied that "the docs have been forwarded to the responsible department". How soon will they send some sort of confirmation that the docs are received?

Hitchhiker40

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
I had to upload 3 police clearance certificates in GCKey account. As soon I uploaded first, the Upload Link is not available anymore. How do you suggest I upload the remaining two police clearances?

Sreshta15

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Request
15-05-2019
Hello guys,

I am posting this on Family Sponsorship 2018 because I am looking to get some answers from people who already went through the process and their Parents/Grandparents got their medical done.

My mom fought cancer about 2.5 years ago and has been in remission since then. She is doing great with God's grace but I am now sponsoring her under PGP 2019 program.

My questions are:
  • Did anyone had a similar case as mine where their family member fought cancer in last 5 years?
I am really worried about our case and would like to get some motivation from other people whose parents/grandparents also fought cancer within last 5 years and successfully cleared medical?
We
Hello guys,

My questions are:

Hi, we are in the same situation. We have submitted the application in this month under PGP 2019 for in laws. Wl have to see how the medicals will go...

Sreshta15

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Request
15-05-2019
yes you can send it to your VO / ist Mississauga?/
scan it, if they need - resend original
How long does it take to change from “ medicals received “ to medicals pass/fail”??

And how long does they take to ask pcc after medicals ?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Previously diagnosed and treated cancer is not a reason for medical inadmissibility. Your mother may be asked to provide recent reports showing no evidence of cancer presence. Only provide what is requested by IMP.

Hello guys,

My questions are:

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take to change from “ medicals received “ to medicals pass/fail”??

And how long does they take to ask pcc after medicals ?
Link GCKey to paper application and it will show if medical passed or fail. CIC check application status only shows medical received with no info on pass/fail

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,

My questions are:
Every case is different so it is really hard to comment. Definitely not 100% inadmissible.

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Hey guys, Can someone tell me about after how long do they send SA email (Sponsorship Approval) email after receiving the file? Thank you