+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
I only landed and stay for a week in Canada before return to home country. I come back for good next year. Your parents can use your address to receive PR card. You post PR card to them. All other cards can wait till they come next time.
The only potential issue with that is sometimes when they process PR after landing, the picture of the person no longer works and they send you a letter to go re-do it. If the person is no longer here, it becomes a real pain to do it as they cannot come back to Canada without the PR. I have 2 friends who ran into this. I do not recall how it got resolved but I think they had to go to the embassy in the local country to get the pictures re-done as their parents had left Canada by that time. And CIC has no sympathy for these cases as it is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid PR when returning. So I would wait 2-3 weeks before returning to ensure PR is in hand.

Eagle_Eye2

Oct 7, 2013
You can scan and send them via email as would have been noted in the email and if you have linked your application then upload it as well through that process- I did both

Hi thank you for the reply, I linked my app today, the medical and PCC request I got over email last month from NDVO.

when I see online after linking, it says "There are no required documents for this Online Application", can I still upload the documents somehow online.?

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
The only potential issue with that is sometimes when they process PR after landing, the picture of the person no longer works and they send you a letter to go re-do it. If the person is no longer here, it becomes a real pain to do it as they cannot come back to Canada without the PR. I have 2 friends who ran into this. I do not recall how it got resolved but I think they had to go to the embassy in the local country to get the pictures re-done as their parents had left Canada by that time. And CIC has no sympathy for these cases as it is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid PR when returning. So I would wait 2-3 weeks before returning to ensure PR is in hand.
I guess I was lucky then....it was exactly 3 weeks my parents received PR card so I guess between now and July 31 there is enough time

jesonlij

Sep 5, 2018
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi, I received an email for my parents' application today. For my mom, she lives in China but she got the following message in the letter:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Please provide an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints. Please check the CIC website (How to obtain a police certificate - Canada) and refer to the criminal record check link. Complete all steps as instructed on the RCMP website. You will find the link below. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm.

Anyone knows how to do RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check in China? Please reply and thanks in advance

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi guys... I am a 2019 applicant for PGP program. Just curious how long the process is taking for 2018 applicants? Thanks.
you are in 2019 SS so just look at 2018 :p

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
I guess I was lucky then....it was exactly 3 weeks my parents received PR card so I guess between now and July 31 there is enough time
It may not happen to everyone (maybe you were lucky, maybe picture was fine) but there is a risk. I wanted to flag as it may be relevant for other people. Sometimes parents need to go back quickly for all sorts of reasons.
In the case of the person who was asking earlier, I would think from now to July 31 is enough time.

Reactions: joeling2

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi Folks

Quick question. I sent case specific enquiry to LVO and got following reply

Dear Applicant,

Please be advised that this application remains at our office in Mississauga at present. Once the file arrives in London, it will await an initial review, and we will be in contact thereafter.

What I assume from above answer file not received at LVO ? Above reply was back in Feb 2019.

I just received case notes and there is following line added back on 09th May 2018 in case notes

Application locked in n 2018/05/09. R11: London File forwarded to the visa office for processing.

is this is like that one office is claiming they didnt received the file while other claiming they already sent in May 2018 ?

Other question they withheld few pages from 22 to 26

Are withheld pursuant to section 26 of the Privacy Act ? common ?

Thanks
S.B

Reactions: YULIA-2016

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi, I received an email for my parents' application today. For my mom, she lives in China but she got the following message in the letter:
Please provide an RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check based on fingerprints. Please check the CIC website (How to obtain a police certificate - Canada) and refer to the criminal record check link. Complete all steps as instructed on the RCMP website. You will find the link below. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm.

Anyone knows how to do RCMP Certified Criminal Record Check in China? Please reply and thanks in advance
I would go to local police station to take figure print then notarize it then send to Canada. you can find a RCMP approved agent to digitize it to RCMP.

It is interesting that CIC starts to ask ppl PPC from Canada.

mannyp

Mar 21, 2018
Hello yulia, Please update the spreadsheet with my timeline for 2018 application

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 17, 2018.
  2. Additional documentsd requested - IMM 5669 - July 20 2018
  3. AOR - Aug 31 2018
  4. We started processing your application on March 4, 2019.
  5. We sent you medical instructions on March 4, 2019
  6. We sent you correspondence on March 6, 2019 (PCC)
  7. Medical received March 27 2019
  8. Medical and PCC Passed April 15 2019
  9. DM for applicant- June 11 2019
  10. Waiting for PPR
LVO is Ottawa, Parents in India

How long does it take to get PPR?

Thanks
Manny

Reactions: YULIA-2016

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
somebody did mess again in SS

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
How is it possible to mess, if it is locked? I assumed nobody except you has access.
Few people have access they apply filters and sorts and sometime saved the sheet which created the mess.

qaiserf

May 8, 2012
Hello

My sponsorship case for my mother is in Process, and I have some question if someone knows the answer and responded, I will be highly appreciated

Case applied from : Toronto
Sponsored person origin: Pakistan
Case submitted: April 2018
More document: May 2018
AOR: May 2018 ( case forwarded to London, UK)
No response since then

Now I have a question, My mother had a parent visa that is going to expire in July. Now I am planning to bring my mother in August or September, I am again applying for parent super visa that requires a medical examination. Does this medical exam is also valid for immigration if the request comes after that or vice versa?

Thanks

regards
Qaiser

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hello

My sponsorship case for my mother is in Process, and I have some question if someone knows the answer and responded, I will be highly appreciated

Case applied from : Toronto
Sponsored person origin: Pakistan
Case submitted: April 2018
More document: May 2018
AOR: May 2018 ( case forwarded to London, UK)
No response since then

Now I have a question, My mother had a parent visa that is going to expire in July. Now I am planning to bring my mother in August or September, I am again applying for parent super visa that requires a medical examination. Does this medical exam is also valid for immigration if the request comes after that or vice versa?

Thanks

regards
Qaiser
Hi Qaiser

we all in same boat - waiting from update from London Visa Office.

Do you have same UCI number for Super visa and current file for them (Immigration) if so yes same medical and bio metrics are good. But Bio metrics are good for 10 years I think and medical validity is only 1 year. If you receive request within 2-3 months and PPR request withing 6 m months you are good as landing need to be done before expiry of medical. Otherwise CIC will ask for medical again which is risk and can cause further delay

Good Luck