+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

dopehar

Jul 8, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I got a request for my parents to have their fingerprints done for an RCMP check. However, with them sending the fingerprints here and then doing the check - we shall not make the deadline. What is the best way to get an extension on the deadline?

There are document holders in MyCIC with due dates. Would email be faster? or the web portal?

Anyone had a similar experience? This is with the London Visa Office.

Thank you

Hello,

It appears the forms have been updated.

Here it states to use eIMM 5669.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html

Here in the guide it states to use IMM 5669.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

In the form finder, there is also confusion

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

Please advise which form to use. Additionally, the forms won't open.

Thank you
Hi Everyone,

I got a request for my parents to have their fingerprints done for an RCMP check. However, with them sending the fingerprints here and then doing the check - we shall not make the deadline. What is the best way to get an extension on the deadline?

There are document holders in MyCIC with due dates. Would email be faster? or the web portal?

Anyone had a similar experience? This is with the London Visa Office.

Thank you

Hello,

It appears the forms have been updated.

Here it states to use eIMM 5669.

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html

Here in the guide it states to use IMM 5669.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

In the form finder, there is also confusion

Link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

Please advise which form to use. Additionally, the forms won't open.

Thank you
I was in the same boat.

My parents completed the ink fingerprints in India and send me the originals. I took the original finger prints to Finger print agency in Calgary and they converted it to electronic format and submitted it to RCMP. I received my parents RCMP clearance within a week. It was a very easy and fast process. I did submit the documents electronically on CIC website.

AntonPeach

Sep 2, 2014
Hi All,
I received PPR email for my parents today Nov 23.
I hope everyone gets their result soon.
For some reason I can not update the spreadsheet. Yulia can you please update my record? Thanks!
Hi Yulia, how many days/weeks did you wait after DM to receive PPR?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
My dad understands the process better than me. My main concern is if there will be any difference in getting emails and messages thru my GCKey or dad's.
Email is usually just a notification that there's a message in GCKey. The person who is linked to GCKey will get email as well. So, your worries are misplaced. As I said before, the person who understands the process should take charge and link to GCKey to stay on top of things.

calvinw06

Jun 8, 2015
Hi Admin,

I have been a silent watcher of this thread as there was not much info on my VO (Mexico) so I figured I shared my parents timelines in case it helps others. Please add to the spreadsheet

App Date: 25 May 2018
AOR 19 Mar 2019
Medicals 19 Mar 2019
PCC 19 Mar 2019
DM ecas 23 May 2019 (note that my cic account still says in progress)
PPR ?
VO Mexico.

Please let me know if I missed something.

Thanks!
Are you sponsoring your parents? From my understanding sponsoring your parents seem very fast.

I'm sponsoring my wife right now, she lives in Margarita Island. Been 9-10months now. And I'm worried it's going be 13-15 month wait. How does everything work now that Canada withdrew all their diplomats in Caracas? If there's no Canadian diplomats working in Venezuela. How does CSIS and Embassy if Canada, Mexico work on the application background check?

rajtoronto

Aug 24, 2018
folks - one question on landing, my parents are in Canada, I am getting their PR visa stamped, is it possible to do the landing at pearson airport from within Canada? (or do i need to go to a border?) any ideas/direction will be greatly appreciated

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
folks - one question on landing, my parents are in Canada, I am getting their PR visa stamped, is it possible to do the landing at pearson airport from within Canada? (or do i need to go to a border?) any ideas/direction will be greatly appreciated
I read on this forum that you don't need to go to a border to do the landing.
Someone mentioned that it can be done at the Etobicoke office. You need to book an appointment to do it though.
I don't have much details about this.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

kaur3180

Apr 26, 2018
Need urgent help!

I got an email yesterday r/t "conformation of Permanent Residence" for my parents and they have to submit their passports within 30 days either in India or in Canada. My parents are currently visiting Canada and will be going back to India on July 31, 2019.

The cic letter states that "if you and all the accompanying dependents are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passports to the case processing center- Ottawa."
Does this mean that my parents have to stay in Canada for 3 months if they submit their passports in Canada or they can go back to India is they happen to receive their passports within 20 or 30 days ???

Thanks in advance!

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Need urgent help!

I got an email yesterday r/t "conformation of Permanent Residence" for my parents and they have to submit their passports within 30 days either in India or in Canada. My parents are currently visiting Canada and will be going back to India on July 31, 2019.

The cic letter states that "if you and all the accompanying dependents are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passports to the case processing center- Ottawa."
Does this mean that my parents have to stay in Canada for 3 months if they submit their passports in Canada or they can go back to India is they happen to receive their passports within 20 or 30 days ???

Thanks in advance!
Once they get their passports stamped with COPR then they can leave, however once they enter again then a minimum of 90 days stay should be required as processing of PR card and all other documents (HC, SIN, DL etc) generally take that much time

innocentkool

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Hi,

Am sorry if this has been asked before, I got a request from New Delhi CPO to submit PCC, do we need to submit the PCC in original via Post or scan and send them via email?

Any advice will be of great help to me.

Thank You
You can scan and send them via email as would have been noted in the email and if you have linked your application then upload it as well through that process- I did both

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
All, I have been reading and writing here but I thought I can share my detailed timeline. I am not in the SS but feel free to add me. I hope this helps someone else. Esp since I am one of the few to whom the biometrics requirement applies from last year and was in force before my application. Case processing seems different between cases. As of now, I do not yet know what LVO the application is sent to. If I do not hear by tomorrow, I will call CIC to inquire as it would have been a week now since DM for sponsor.
  • Sponsoring mom and dad
  • Province - Ontario
  • Invitation date – August 1, 2018
  • SIN provided
  • Application received in Ottawa – September 27, 2018
  • Request to pay biometric fees – October 19, 2018 (it came via letter in the mail which I received on October 30, 2018; the letter had an Application Number but I could not link it in GC Key until AOR)
  • Fees paid – October 30, 2018; submitted receipt via IRCC Webform as instructed in the letter
  • AOR – December 21, 2018 (it came via email)
  • In process date in e-case for both sponsor and applicant – April 24, 2019 (no email; no change in GC Key)
  • Request for updated passports – April 24, 2019 (it came via email; e-case shows that correspondence has been sent)
  • Copies of updated passports sent via fax as instructed in the letter and also IRCC Webform – May 6, 2019
  • GC Key – start of review of eligibility – June 3, 2019 (no email, I was checking GC Key myself)
  • Biometrics letters – June 3, 2019 (one letter for each person; notification that letters have been added to GC Key came via email; e-case shows that correspondence has been sent)
  • E-case – Decision Made for sponsor – June 5, 2019 (no email, no change in GC Key – continues to show “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.”; e-case for applicant still shows In process)
  • Biometrics done – June 7, 2019 (no email; GC Key immediately updated to show Completed under Biometrics)
    • Note that in GC Key the Biometrics section is between Interview and Background Check but seems it can be requested at anytime and not necessarily after Medical.
  • E-case for applicant changed from In process to Application Received – June 12, 2019 (no email)
    • No letter yet re sponsorship approval and what LVO application is sent

Last edited:
Reactions: MAKPAK

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Need urgent help!

Thanks in advance!
my case, it took 2 weeks from sending and receiving back the passport.

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018
Need urgent help!

Thanks in advance!
I only landed and stay for a week in Canada before return to home country. I come back for good next year. Your parents can use your address to receive PR card. You post PR card to them. All other cards can wait till they come next time.