+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

kami999

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi everyone
I m new to this forum
Just wondering anyone got pcc from Dubai??
How much time they will take if we apply online
Thanks
2-3 business days
make sure when you get the email - check the name and date of birth - sometimes they make mistakes when issuing them.

Reactions: Mandaher

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hey Folks,

Two questions:

1) Where would I submit the form Use of Representative IMM 5476E? I mean I know I would have to do it through the Webform, but would it have to go through to the Visa Office that is processing the PGP application or to IRCC office Canada?

2) What happens if we don't remember the email address that we asked for all the emails regarding the application to be sent to? ECAS states that they sent us medical instructions, but we haven't received them by regular mail. We did receive the PCC request, but that came by mail! We can't recall completely if we made some sort of email address that was then provided to IRCC, hence the concern that the medical instructions were sent potentially but we just don't know to which email address (if any!).

Thoughts?
Call CIC and ask for details on IME request. Call center agents can tell you what they did. That’s the fastest way to get accurate information.

Another way is to contact CIC using webform. It’ll take much longer and requires an email address. So, if you choose the webform, at least write down the email address you requested CIC to send information to. It’s always a good idea to have a copy of the message you sent to CIC.

toronto240478

Oct 3, 2018
Hello All,

We got a passport request but the email diesnt mention anything on biometrics. My mother has travelled before to Canada but has never given her finger prints. The stamping office is New delhi. Does she need to give bio metrics at the passport collection center/VFS ? Thank you.

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Hello All,

We got a passport request but the email diesnt mention anything on biometrics. My mother has travelled before to Canada but has never given her finger prints. The stamping office is New delhi. Does she need to give bio metrics at the passport collection center/VFS ? Thank you.
Likely not as I believe the requirement to give biometrics for Indian citizens came into force after the deadline for applications. If she needed biometrics, you would not have received passport request. That is the last stage before everything else is done (including biometrics).

toronto240478

Oct 3, 2018
Likely not as I believe the requirement to give biometrics for Indian citizens came into force after the deadline for applications. If she needed biometrics, you would not have received passport request. That is the last stage before everything else is done (including biometrics).
Thank you for responding. Appreciate it.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
PGP 2019, Posting here incase someone in similar situation can share experience.
My father downloaded, filled & signed all forms and sent to me alongwith all supporting documents by courier. I checked, verified and signed before sending to Ottawa by Canada Post, delivered on 10 May. Awaiting it to appear on e-cas in the next few days.
We have filled "Use of Representative Form" in my favour, mainly keeping in mind that it will be convenient to order GCMS notes when required. He is computer savvy and has more spare time than me to monitor their case thru GCKey or e-cas.
He has also created his account on GCKey. He paid the fee using his credit card and Receipt shows his name.
My question is, once it appears on e-cas, who should link it to GCKey, my father or me and why?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
PGP 2019, Posting here incase someone in similar situation can share experience.
My father downloaded, filled & signed all forms and sent to me alongwith all supporting documents by courier. I checked, verified and signed before sending to Ottawa by Canada Post, delivered on 10 May. Awaiting it to appear on e-cas in the next few days.
We have filled "Use of Representative Form" in my favour, mainly keeping in mind that it will be convenient to order GCMS notes when required. He is computer savvy and has more spare time than me to monitor their case thru GCKey or e-cas.
He has also created his account on GCKey. He paid the fee using his credit card and Receipt shows his name.
My question is, once it appears on e-cas, who should link it to GCKey, my father or me and why?
That’s for you and your dad to decide. It makes sense to have someone, who understands the process and has a handle on English, links it to GCKey. Otherwise, someone else will have to look at it again anyway just to be sure.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
That’s for you and your dad to decide. It makes sense to have someone, who understands the process and has a handle on English, links it to GCKey. Otherwise, someone else will have to look at it again anyway just to be sure.
My dad understands the process better than me. My main concern is if there will be any difference in getting emails and messages thru my GCKey or dad's.

Chantelp

Apr 3, 2014
I have a question I wonder if anyone can answer.
When I applied for Sponsorship and PR for my Mother my sister was 21 but did not want to come to Canada so we applied with her as an unaccomaning dependent.
She has now decided she wants to come. My question is will CIC allow me to add her to the application now?
She did her medical and PCC as this was requested by CIC.
Tricky one? Thx

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I have a question I wonder if anyone can answer.
When I applied for Sponsorship and PR for my Mother my sister was 21 but did not want to come to Canada so we applied with her as an unaccomaning dependent.
She has now decided she wants to come. My question is will CIC allow me to add her to the application now?
She did her medical and PCC as this was requested by CIC.
Tricky one? Thx
she is still 21?

hyejung.at

Jun 8, 2019
Must I reside in Canada exclusively to qualify? What if i work in HK and go back and forth between the two places?

Also, if you are widowed, does your spouse fall under "previously been married" section?

Last edited:

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
@YULIA-2016

Kindly include my info in the spreadsheet:

Username: raj_g
Sponsored Person: My parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: India
Prov: ON
Invitation Received: April 24, 2019
Application Received in Ottawa: June 7, 2019

Thanks

Reactions: YULIA-2016

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018

Amandeep Singh Sran

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hi guys.
Is there a special form for reporting Government Services or we just create one ourselves in MS word. They have asked for service details for my Mother and Father as they were Government employees. @YULIA-2016 any ideas?

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
My dad understands the process better than me. My main concern is if there will be any difference in getting emails and messages thru my GCKey or dad's.
Whoever is linked to the GC Key will get the emails. Not sure I see a difference here as long as you and dad are in communication and ensure you are on the same page.
Why do you think e-cas will show in next few days? I was not able to use e-cas or link to GC until I got AOR, which was months later.