+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
My parents passed the medical, according to ecas on April 11th. Both IME and PCC's were submitted by 20th of March. Even though I got SA letter, it shows we are assessing if you are eligible. Background check hasnt started either. My LVO is London.

Does anyone know if this is still how it should be? I thought by now the eligibility should have been cleared, and background well under process. I have seen a lot of people get updates in from London in the past month, and i seem to be the only one not seeing any movement.

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Yulia and other Senior Members Need your help Urgent.

I got An email today to submit the following CV/Resume for my Mom and DAD and PCC.

Police Certificates (Multiple): Police Certificates (Multiple) Please provide a police
certificate from the country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18. You are required to
obtain a Police Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please send the
original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. If your police certificate indicates
any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of
each charge and the sentence of each conviction. This must be received at this office by 2019-07-06

They are in Canada on Supervisa right now on and off since Nov 2013 and never lived in any other country except obviously India.
They lived in Canada for more than months as mentioned in an email.
Do Do I need PCC for both of my parents - Canada and India OR only INDIAN PCC?
I called CIC and they said you do not need Canada PCC for their time spent in CANADA. CIC letter is Generic, so thats why they mentioned multiple PCC's.

Please Advise. Canada PCC and Indian PCC
OR
Just Indian PCC

Please reply soon. Thanks! Aman.
If they stayed in Canada for more than 180 Days in single entry/continuously) then you need to get Canadian PCC as well. But if every visit is less than 180 days then no need to get Canada PCC. Applicable to any country if they visited and stayed for more than 180 days.
Also if anyone's stay is less than 180 days in Canada, Police will not accept the PCC request. One can apply PCC only if your stay is more than 180 days (Surely in Calgary but may vary for other Citys)

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
If they stayed in Canada for more than 180 Days in single entry/continuously) then you need to get Canadian PCC as well. But if every visit is less than 180 days then no need to get Canada PCC. Applicable to any country if they visited and stayed for more than 180 days.
Also if anyone's stay is less than 180 days in Canada, Police will not accept the PCC request. One can apply PCC only if your stay is more than 180 days (Surely in Calgary but may vary for other Citys)

NO, they don't need... i have emailed CIC to verify this part, please check my previous thread....

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
NO, they don't need... i have emailed CIC to verify this part, please check my previous thread....
I am not sure what you mean, I am saying, less than 6 months stay will NOT require PCC.
If stay is more than 6 months in any country then PCC will be required. If you don't submit now then it may be asked later. It is all case by case, few people did not get PCC request for the countries they stayed more than 6 months where few were asked to submit PCC if stay was more than 6 months in any country.

Reactions: YVR123

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018

That's the answer I got..

"Please be informed that a police check from Canada is not required of the applicant XXXX at this present time. An officer will contact you if additional information is in need."

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
That's the answer I got..

"Please be informed that a police check from Canada is not required of the applicant XXXX at this present time. An officer will contact you if additional information is in need."
Yup so you don't need Canada PCC as it is clearly mentioned. Not sure if I read the first question properly then coz thread I replied was asking if person should submit India PCC or Canada PCC as well.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
I am not sure what you mean, I am saying, less than 6 months stay will NOT require PCC.
If stay is more than 6 months in any country then PCC will be required. If you don't submit now then it may be asked later. It is all case by case, few people did not get PCC request for the countries they stayed more than 6 months where few were asked to submit PCC if stay was more than 6 months in any country.
my situation is quite similar to @AimHigher1 , and I was confused by the CIC's misleading email....and was told that Canadian police record was not asked in the PCC email even you live in Canada longer than 18 months...

sim67

Jun 15, 2015
Hi Guys,

We received the letter of the pre-arrival service last week. Any idea how long it takes after that for PPR? Visa office is New Delhi

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
my situation is quite similar to @AimHigher1 , and I was confused by the CIC's misleading email....and was told that Canadian police record was not asked in the PCC email even you live in Canada longer than 18 months...
That is the concern, if you call again to CiC agent and then you may get different reply. So go with your personal choice to submit only home country PCC and then at lest you will be submitting the PCC on time or as asked. If Visa Officer will need Canada PCC then it can be requested again.

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hi Guys,

We received the letter of the pre-arrival service last week. Any idea how long it takes after that for PPR? Visa office is New Delhi
Seems like anywhere from 2 days to one month. Average comes to one month for ND VO based on details shared by few people in various forums and by few of my known.

Reactions: sim67

ihg

May 9, 2019
Hi Guys,

Pre -arrival letter some time comes very early so no fixed timeline but 10-14 weeks generally

Reactions: sim67

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
That is the concern, if you call again to CiC agent and then you may get different reply. So go with your personal choice to submit only home country PCC and then at lest you will be submitting the PCC on time or as asked. If Visa Officer will need Canada PCC then it can be requested again.
based on the history, most of active users in this thread who just submitted their hometown PCC, weren't asked for Canadian ones... so i suggest CIC shall revise the template of PCC request to avoid such a misunderstanding...

Reactions: jaindba

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
My parents passed the medical, according to ecas on April 11th. Both IME and PCC's were submitted by 20th of March. Even though I got SA letter, it shows we are assessing if you are eligible. Background check hasnt started either. My LVO is London.

Does anyone know if this is still how it should be? I thought by now the eligibility should have been cleared, and background well under process. I have seen a lot of people get updates in from London in the past month, and i seem to be the only one not seeing any movement.
I believe you are looking at the status on GCKEY/MyCIC account. They rarely update those status in online accounts. Mine was the same and they never changed it even after I got pre-arrival services letter and passport requests (which is after decision was made). It was still showing "We're checking your eligibility etc..". So, sit back, relax and wait for your turn. London LVO is very slow.