+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
What happens if you are not able to obtain police clearances from all the countries before the deadline since a few countries take way longer than just a month to give you the police clearances, especially if you are not residents in those countries anymore?

If you are not able to obtain all of the police clearances before the deadline, which one of the following do you think would be a better approach?

1. Submit the police clearances that you are able to obtain before the deadline and inform the visa office that the remaining police clearances will be forwarded as soon as they are ready.

OR

2. Just inform the visa office that some of the police clearances are taking longer and when all of the police clearances are ready, you submit all of them together.
Submit whatever you received and send an explanation letter with proofs of application for pending PCCs

rajtoronto

Aug 24, 2018
So finally my status moved from "we have not started b/c check" to "We are processing your background check" ... any idea how long it takes in cases where they don't need any additional information?

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Guys I got a question...I m trying to call immigration number and then press options 1 1 2 3 and then I enter file number and date of birth for sponsored person but it says they cannot find information...it was working fine until last time I checked...what can be reason

Hi did you try again? I trying the same thing but it says same!

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Hey Folks, can someone update the Google Spreadsheet for me with the following update (in bold):

1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 4, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on May 20, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 22, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on May 22, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Reactions: kami999

canadaislife

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Also, has anyone figured out how to link the paper application to an online application? Either it's not working from the Chrome browser I am using, or the website just keeps taking me in circles. I first registered for a GCKey for the family member that is being sponsored, and then when I sign in the only options I see are to either change the password, reset the recovery questions or deactivate the GCKey. Where is the option to start the linking process?!

Also, the sponsored family member has not received the medical instructions to date even though the ECAS update claims it has been sent. The only letter received thus far relates to obtaining a Police Character Certificate, but doesn't mention how to send it to IRCC's attention! Am I missing something? How are they supposed to get the PCC to IRCC's attention?

kami999

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Also, has anyone figured out how to link the paper application to an online application? Either it's not working from the Chrome browser I am using, or the website just keeps taking me in circles. I first registered for a GCKey for the family member that is being sponsored, and then when I sign in the only options I see are to either change the password, reset the recovery questions or deactivate the GCKey. Where is the option to start the linking process?!

Also, the sponsored family member has not received the medical instructions to date even though the ECAS update claims it has been sent. The only letter received thus far relates to obtaining a Police Character Certificate, but doesn't mention how to send it to IRCC's attention! Am I missing something? How are they supposed to get the PCC to IRCC's attention?
Try changing the family size

try changing the family size and you will succeed eventually.

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Yulia and other Senior Members Need your help Urgent.

I got An email today to submit the following CV/Resume for my Mom and DAD and PCC.

Police Certificates (Multiple): Police Certificates (Multiple) Please provide a police
certificate from the country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18. You are required to
obtain a Police Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please send the
original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. If your police certificate indicates
any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of
each charge and the sentence of each conviction. This must be received at this office by 2019-07-06

They are in Canada on Supervisa right now on and off since Nov 2013 and never lived in any other country except obviously India.
They lived in Canada for more than months as mentioned in an email.
Do Do I need PCC for both of my parents - Canada and India OR only INDIAN PCC?
I called CIC and they said you do not need Canada PCC for their time spent in CANADA. CIC letter is Generic, so thats why they mentioned multiple PCC's.

Please Advise. Canada PCC and Indian PCC
OR
Just Indian PCC

Please reply soon. Thanks! Aman.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Yulia and other Senior Members Need your help Urgent.

I got An email today to submit the following CV/Resume for my Mom and DAD and PCC.

Police Certificates (Multiple): Police Certificates (Multiple) Please provide a police
certificate from the country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more;
and the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18. You are required to
obtain a Police Certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please send the
original police certificate to this office as soon as you receive it. If your police certificate indicates
any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of
each charge and the sentence of each conviction. This must be received at this office by 2019-07-06

They are in Canada on Supervisa right now on and off since Nov 2013 and never lived in any other country except obviously India.
They lived in Canada for more than months as mentioned in an email.
Do Do I need PCC for both of my parents - Canada and India OR only INDIAN PCC?
I called CIC and they said you do not need Canada PCC for their time spent in CANADA. CIC letter is Generic, so thats why they mentioned multiple PCC's.

Please Advise. Canada PCC and Indian PCC
OR
Just Indian PCC

Please reply soon. Thanks! Aman.
only Indian... which I have clarified with CIC...

Reactions: AimHigher1

Logmein

Jan 8, 2019
Can anyone please provide the cover letter for application, also is it ok to staple the documents before putting them in the folder to be sent to CIC