+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Can150

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
If someone gets file number, does it mean, his / her file will not be returned due to any mistake on the application?
Any idea / thought ?
This might help understand the process. It was posted by @zeiesfirdaus under PGP 2019,

Based on my last call with CIC agent (I called again as I wanted to get the Temporary "Prospect File" Number), he described the following process of getting the file to ECAS. He was surprisingly acquainted with the process...
  • CIC Receives the Application
  • CIC Opens the Package and Scans the Barcodes Forms / Fee Forms and Other forms / documents and prepares a file - This is called "Prospect File" Stage.
  • A Temporary Application ID is created. This is temporary and for internal use only. This number WILL change. There is nothing that we can do with this temporary file ID number.
  • The person who scans these files (may or may not choose) to "activate" ECAS Status. There is a "Submit to View" or something along this lines button that can be pressed. This explains why some people see ECAS right away, while others have to wait for additional steps below. (My theory: it's the interns who go the extra mile, seasoned officers tasked with this don't bother :p) Application received Stage in ECAS if activated.
  • In addition to the a"Submit to View" button, the UCI for Sponsor / Parents has to be active (e.g. in my case, my UCI is more than 7 years old (since it was used last) and is not active in CIC database. A new one will be created)
  • The Prospect File is handed to a CIC Case Officer (CO) - first come first serve basis. (This has been debated either way in this thread)
  • The CO reviews the file for completeness, correct fees, etc. and generates a proper Application ID, new UCI (if old ones are inactive) and activates the file - ECAS Status is now available. In process Stage in ECAS.
  • CO issues the AoR (by email if available) to the Sponsor with Application ID.
  • With the application ID, one can now "link" the application on myCIC.
  • Assessment Stage Starts. File review is now underway for Sponsor eligibility. Stays as In process Stage in ECAS.?
  • Missing documents / additional documents etc are now requested.

Last edited:

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Fellas, senior members /experts:

I received a request for more information, namely, my mother's death certificate. The letter that I received reads as below:

My questions are:
1. Is just a fax enough?
2. I have a scanned copy of the death certificate which is in English. Do I need to get it notarized? I don't have the original with me.

"
For fastest service, you may send the requested information/document(s) via fax (905) 803-

Dear ATIF AYUB:
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on
behalf of Hamid Maqsood and family (if applicable). The following item(s) may be required for further
processing once the sponsorship eligibility decision has been rendered for your application.
00000000 - abc xyz (Name):

> Death Certificate: Please provide a copy of death certificate of the spouse Name........, . If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a
copy of the original version. To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must
compare the original document to the photocopy. Neither you nor your family members may certify
copies of your documents. This must be received at this office by: 2019/06/21.

All requested documents/information and a copy of this correspondence must be submitted within the
timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or all of
the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. Failure to provide
these item(s) may result in a delay in the processing of your application at the Visa Office.

Please send the documents/information to the address listed below:
Agent EP – PGP 2018
CPC Mississauga / CTD Mississauga
PO BOX 6100, Station A / CP 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4"
Yulia, kindly update the spreadsheet. Information faxed on May 30th.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
UPDATE on Status
Line 15 - Vertig0

March 20th - Invitation email for PGP 2018
April 11th - Application mailed
April 13th - Application delivered
April 19th - AOR Email

June 6th - Request for additional document (Death Certificate)
June 7th - Faxed death certificate

June 28th - SA (Sponsorship Approved). Application forwarded to local office (London)

Dec 5th - Online shows "We started processing your application Dec 5th, 2018

Feb 25th - Request for following came
a. Medical
b. PCC
c. Travel history
d. Military service history
e. Death certificate (again?)
f. Sponsor marriage certificate​

Mar 15 - Medical done
Mar 25 - ECAS updated Medical recieved/passed

May 30 - Invitation to Pre-arrival services

Only NOA provided (no SIN)
Country of citizenship - Pakistan
Province - AB

Did CIC confirms your additional documents thru fax when did you sent there? Thanks

Neema3

Aug 1, 2018
Can somebody advise on where do they get insurance for parents from after landing. Since OHIP only covers consultation and no medicines.

sandeep.dhanju

Jul 19, 2018
I can only advise if they can travel before 2nd surgery and take medical assistance here in Canada .. Bcz if you will inform to CIC about his medical situation possible they will rethink about PR which is granted and can again go on process of medical again.. If they can even enter in Canada until august 23rd it will fine..
I can only advise if they can travel before 2nd surgery and take medical assistance here in Canada .. Bcz if you will inform to CIC about his medical situation possible they will rethink about PR which is granted and can again go on process of medical again.. If they can even enter in Canada until august 23rd it will fine..
That's right. But if in case he is not unable to travel then what could be another option? I am not sure how CIC takes on these types of cases. If they accept this as a genuine reason of a person's incapability to land then definitely 2nd medical would be required after the expiration of visa. That too if they accept these of exceptions.

srid_a

Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2010
Med's Request
06-09-2013
Med's Done....
26-09-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PP Sent: 30-09-2013, DM 02-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2013
LANDED..........
in May/June 2014
Got passport request for my Mom's PR (Family sponsorship) visa. The online status shows decision is made. I have started the applicsponsorship visa on May 25th 2018. The Passport request letter doesn't ask for bio-metrics. Should I worry about submitting bio-metrics? Thanks for your help!

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Hi admin
Please update line #18
-Medical received 24 May 2019
-Medical was submitted on 29 May, 2019
-Medical Pass : 31 May 2019.
Thank you.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Got passport request for my Mom's PR (Family sponsorship) visa. The online status shows decision is made. I have started the applicsponsorship visa on May 25th 2018. The Passport request letter doesn't ask for bio-metrics. Should I worry about submitting bio-metrics? Thanks for your help!
no need, just do whatever is asked in your PPR email...

aasulman

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
hi I have received the medical request for my parents 2 weeks ago along with Police certificate and travel history. On my cic account I can all three documents has space for upload and cic game is 30 days to submit all the documents.
Today they have done their medical but the doctor didn’t give any document back. They said they will send all the documents directly. This is fine for me but what should I upload on my cic for proof of medical exams?
The instructions online on my cic account says that
“In order to submit your online application, you will need to upload the information printout sheet or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. Your doctor will give you one of these forms when you complete your medical exam.”

Does anyone know what should I upload on my cic account for proof of my parents medicals ?
The money receipt that you received from the doctor should be uploaded. Usually you don't need to upload anything, I.e. the field can be left blank.

farooqm78

Dec 9, 2018
Hi Everyone,
A couple of questions:

1. I just have some question on the linking my mom's paper application to her online GCKey account. I have tried all the possible combinations on the online form and it still returns as no application found. However, when I check the status using the online tool it states "Application Received". Is there something I am not doing right?

2. Also IRCC sent me an e-mail in December stating that the application was forwarded to the London office for further processing. However, my mother has moved to Canada on a Super Visa and is living with me. I then changed her home address online to my address in Canada. Will this delay/affect the processing of her application?

There has been complete silence from IRCC since the last communication from December 2018. The online tool for checking application status just states "Application Received". There have been no emails requesting her medical/travel history/security (bio-metrics) since that time. Is this a normal occurrence, mind you that IRCC states the application was received in May 2018.

Any guidance or feedback on this is much appreciated.

Thanks!

june394

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello,

I have a question about the application we submitted for my mother in law and I was hoping that someone can share some information or has an answer, we're a bit worried...

My mom in law got a request for medicals, PCC and additional documents in February while her file was in Ottawa. We submitted everything, all good, they started BGC and review of her eligibility. May 29 we received an email from CIC that her file is being transferred to Ankara (she's from Iran). No particular reason is mentioned in the letter and nothing has changed in GCKey. Does anyone know what could be the reasons for them to transfer the file AFTER starting BGC and eligibility review?

Here's what the letter says:

Dear NAME:
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Please be advised that your file will be transferred to the visa office in Ankara. Should you require to
contact that office, please ensure that all correspondence includes your complete name and date of
birth as well as the application number listed above. You may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or
in writing as follows: [...]

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello,

I have a question about the application we submitted for my mother in law and I was hoping that someone can share some information or has an answer, we're a bit worried...

My mom in law got a request for medicals, PCC and additional documents in February while her file was in Ottawa. We submitted everything, all good, they started BGC and review of her eligibility. May 29 we received an email from CIC that her file is being transferred to Ankara (she's from Iran). No particular reason is mentioned in the letter and nothing has changed in GCKey. Does anyone know what could be the reasons for them to transfer the file AFTER starting BGC and eligibility review?

Here's what the letter says:

Dear NAME:
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Please be advised that your file will be transferred to the visa office in Ankara. Should you require to
contact that office, please ensure that all correspondence includes your complete name and date of
birth as well as the application number listed above. You may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or
in writing as follows: [...]
Ottawa might takes some cases / they have a lot so far/, since she is from Iran her case goes to Ankara, why you are worry?