+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

honhon

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Thanks. How long was the process/time taken from first medical test till they cleared the medical test? My father they said creatin level is high so doing test related to kidneys. He also checked with family doctor and they said its fine. Can we change the doctor or we have to go to the same one?
1st medical test requested on Oct 17: we take 1st medical test on Oct 20
2nd medical test requested on Oct 31: we take 2nd medical test on Jan 22 (as required to wait 3-month from the 1st test we took)
3rd medical test requested on Jan 29: we take 2nd medical test on Apr 23 (as required to wait 6-month from the 1st test)
IME passed on Apr 26

Actually, u can see that they respond very quickly after the medical test has been done. But I just need to wait 6-moth because they want to check if there is any changes in the x-ray film.

honhon

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Thanks. How long was the process/time taken from first medical test till they cleared the medical test? My father they said creatin level is high so doing test related to kidneys. He also checked with family doctor and they said its fine. Can we change the doctor or we have to go to the same one?
You can change as it is not required to go for the same one. But I didnt change, as my doctor is nice. He gave us many advice how we can do better. On the 1st day we see him, he saw all of us are very nervous. He even comforted us and explain the details we may go through later. He explained further test we will come across by his experience, and we really need to do some more test, beside TB.

Thanks god that I meet a nice doctor.

asap

Jul 8, 2011
Hi
I have a question about landing. My parents need to land but because of some of their work they need to go back to our home country 2,3 weeks after landing and then later after a few months they will be able to come and stay. Is it OK if they leave Canada before receiving their PR card?

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
1st medical test requested on Oct 17: we take 1st medical test on Oct 20
2nd medical test requested on Oct 31: we take 2nd medical test on Jan 22 (as required to wait 3-month from the 1st test we took)
3rd medical test requested on Jan 29: we take 2nd medical test on Apr 23 (as required to wait 6-month from the 1st test)
IME passed on Apr 26

Actually, u can see that they respond very quickly after the medical test has been done. But I just need to wait 6-moth because they want to check if there is any changes in the x-ray film.
thanks

sani.awais

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Hi
I have a question about landing. My parents need to land but because of some of their work they need to go back to our home country 2,3 weeks after landing and then later after a few months they will be able to come and stay. Is it OK if they leave Canada before receiving their PR card?
In any of case of PR ,its better to leave once they receive PR card but if its really important to leave then only way is that anyone can receive cards in mail at home and can deliver them by mail or personally .. Then they can come back bcz they need to show PR card to enter in Canada again

Neema3

Aug 1, 2018
for someone who might have submitted there passport to a vfs office in India, do you handover a self addressed envelope or they give you an option to pay for courier there?

inviteparents23

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Does anyone know what is going on with second round 2018 after PCC and Medical done?

I have asked this question couple times no one answered. Is there anyone with same situation?

No communication after Medical/PCC in Feb?

Neema3

Aug 1, 2018
It took exactly 2 weeks for my parents. They submitted personally in VFS Delhi office on May 1st and they picked their passport back on May 16.
for VFS office passport submission they request for a consent form which also has a biometric column in it. Did your parents get their biometric done? CIC never requested for one though as part of the application for my parents

funnybird7

May 24, 2019
Hello Guys

I am a new member on this forum.The status of my parents (father and mother) application is as follows:-

We received ABCDs application for permanent residence on September 4, 2018.
  • We started processing ABCDs application on February 27, 2019.

We sent ABCDs medical instructions on February 28, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
    We sent ABCDs correspondence on March 7, 2019. If ABCDs has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have ABCDs do so as soon as possible. Please wait until ABCDs receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
    The back ground check and police verification has already been submitted for both on April 3rd,2019.
My parents initial medical test was done on March 11th ,2019 followed by furtherance tests for my father on April 30th and May 5th respectively (No further requests for more tests have been received so far). There was a Sputum test(AFB) conducted for 3 consecutive days for my father around April 30th,2019 and now some chest x ray will be conducted 90 days from the first chest x ray date(which was March 11th 2019).

Kindly advise if my father will have to go only once for the Chest X Ray or there will be further visits as follow ups for Sputum Test as well. Also under what circumstances the doctor might order another X ray to be done and examined further after 90 days (Post June 11)

Last edited:

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi,

I received Medical, PCC and Travel history request.
The question I have it for the travel history information that needs to be provided....does a separate form needs to be filled out for my dad, mother and brother or just one single form by my dad(PA) with the information for each family member needs to be filled out? I think it is a single form by PA but the request letter is confusing.

Kindly advise.

Thanks
Kapil
Can someone please respond....I have to submit the information ASAP...reaching the deadline