+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

soben

Jun 3, 2012
Hello everyone! Finally the wait is over.. My parents received their passport's with Visa stamped on April 15..Thanks to everyone for sharing and advises..and please @YULIA-2016 update my timeline on SS please l,thank you..

Good luck to all.☺☺
Congratulations...

What all you received after visa stamping..just the visa stamped passport or did you receive any other paper along with the passport?

Born4luv1

May 2, 2018
Congratulations...

What all you received after visa stamping..just the visa stamped passport or did you receive any other paper along with the passport?
Hello,
I recieved COPR, request for PDOS, and medical surveillance when my mom gonna arrive to Canada.

ts_toronto

Sep 10, 2014
Hello everyone, so finally its over! My parents got their PPR on Mar 18th, 2019, and received the passport with VISA stamped on April 8th, 2019. They went to Niagara for Flagpoling as they were in Canada, AND finally everything is completed smoothly.
Good luck to you all...

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Tnx
I assume COPR is a piece of paper and do your mother needs to bring that too along with her when she comes to Canada?
Yes, COPR has to be brought along for landing. The officer at the entry point will sign it. COPR is an important document that you need to keep safe as it may be required in the future for citizenship and other paperwork.

Reactions: soben

soben

Jun 3, 2012
Yes, COPR has to be brought along for landing. The officer at the entry point will sign it. COPR is an important document that you need to keep safe as it may be required in the future for citizenship and other paperwork.
Tnx
It's same as the Landing Paper, isn't it ?

trizienne

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
11-11-2011
Hello All,

We recently received sponsorship approval for my parents’ application. May I ask for those who were able to link their account on GCKey, are you using information about yourself or your parents for Applicant Info for place of birth/passport?

I have been tryinn but no success in linking the application.

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Hello All,

We recently received sponsorship approval for my parents’ application. May I ask for those who were able to link their account on GCKey, are you using information about yourself or your parents for Applicant Info for place of birth/passport?

Use the details of your parents. The number of people in the application is what usually causes trouble for most people. Try with only the number of adults in the application. Also try all possible combinations that are available- application number, place of birth, passport etc. Check the spreadsheet- it has some useful tips for linking.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/htmlview#gid=761650616

linsahoo

May 8, 2018
hello everyone. In the end we submitted copy of passport to Ottawa office On April 1st, Received COPR back from them on the 11th of April.
Went to US for couple of days via BC (Kingsgate), as we could not wait for inland appointment and my mom became PR upon our return to Canada by land on 18th of April.

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
@YULIA-2016 I received this message in cic account:
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following:
Passport/Travel Document: Please provide copy of your sponsor's prev indian passport
Copy of your Sponsor's educational certificates, which lists name of his parent/Parents.

When I try to upload the passport in cic portal, it does not allow me to select any year before 2018 and my previous passport expired in 2016. What would you recommend? I have already sent the scanned copy of my passport alongwith the educational certificates to the email provided but have not got anything back from LVO - New Delhi. Its been more than a week.

Thanks in advance.

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hello All,

I had trouble with number of applicants. I called IRCC and they Told me for Number of applicants, it should be Number of applicants in application + Number of Sponsors and it worked like a charm