+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
It's pretty confusing with Ottawa now....even my medical has been passed and background check in process since 14 March and I sent pcc in august 2018 with my application but no update since 14 March..

Reactions: inviteparents23

inviteparents23

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
It's pretty confusing with Ottawa now....even my medical has been passed and background check in process since 14 March and I sent pcc in august 2018 with my application but no update since 14 March..
Same with me. I have submitted PCC in Feb and Medical on March 1. No update so far. Does any one know how long does this background thing take?

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
Some people have got ppr 1 to weeks after med passed from Ottawa...i tried to call them e days ago...they said they told me about ongoing background checks going on...did you try to call...

inviteparents23

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Some people have got ppr 1 to weeks after med passed from Ottawa...i tried to call them e days ago...they said they told me about ongoing background checks going on...did you try to call...
Yes, the same thing. The background check is in progress. Even my status shows the same thing. They did not tell anything new other than what is on the status of application.

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
I have sent the required documents required to the Canadian embassy in New Delhi by email. I did got system generated auto-email. Its been 2 days and nothing has been reflected in cic account or ecas. Does anyone know how many days do they take to update the application. thanks in advance.

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
Just keep an eye on your correspondence email addresses...i am getting the feeling we gonna start getting ppr's soon ....as the people getting ppr in second round is a positive sign for us...

Reactions: hungrypanda0016

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
hey Guys.. Some good news.. almost after a month of medical passed. Just few minutes back I received PCC request.
I got an email saying there is a message for me in my account and when I logged in I see two changes in my status
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Yesterday I sent PCC through email and today I uploaded the same through my account

At lease some progress which is good sign

Torontoguy79

Apr 17, 2019
Hi guys.

I received an email from the Mississauga processing center informing me that my parents’ apps have been forwarded to the visa office in Ottawa. Then another email from the Mississauga processing center arrived telling me that my parents need to get their medicals done within 30 days.

I have 3 questions now:

(1) If my parents can’t get their medicals done within 30 days, who should inform IRCC of the delay, me or my parents?

(2) In our case, which office should we inform of the delay, the Mississauga processing center or the visa office in Ottawa?

(3) Should we email the office directly or submit a request through the IRCC webform site?

Thanks!
Could someone please help me with the questions. Thanks!

Tan Tan

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
hey Guys.. Some good news.. almost after a month of medical passed. Just few minutes back I received PCC request.
I got an email saying there is a message for me in my account and when I logged in I see two changes in my status
Review of additional documents We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Yesterday I sent PCC through email and today I uploaded the same through my account

At lease some progress which is good sign
do you have PCC documents from home country ready in your hand ?

skFSW

Jan 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
12-Mar-2010 Doc'sent 24-Mar-10
AOR Received.
28-Apr-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
28-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
7-Dec-2011----Ottawa received on 22-Dec-2011
Interview........
waived it seems no where mentioned
Passport Req..
17-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012 received back on 22-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
26-Feb-2012
do you have PCC documents from home country ready in your hand ?
Yes After I see the status Medical Passed on March 19. I request the PCC on March 28 and my parents received it on April 10th. Yesterday only I sent through email.
So yes it was handy

Reactions: Tan Tan