+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I called Canada call centre and they said my file is in Delhi so asked me to contact Delhi by email since they don't have a phone? Do they ? I emailed them 3- 4 weeks ago , there is no response. I am not sure what are they waiting for ?
If your file is in Delhi office, it means you already have sponsorship approval at the very least. I can’t find your original post. So, I’m assuming you would like to inquire why it’s taking them longer than usual.

They do have phone number. But, it’s better to contact them by email, as it gives you the answer in writing that can be used later. As for why they haven’t replied your inquiries, it depends on what you asked them. Be diplomatic and ask them if there’s anything you can help to make the process faster.

sk2019

Jan 18, 2019
If your file is in Delhi office, it means you already have sponsorship approval at the very least. I can’t find yoir original post. So, I’m assuming you would like to inquire why it’s taking them longer than usual.

They do have phone number. But, it’s better to contact them by email, as it gives you the answer in writing that can be used later if you need to. Look at the spreadsheet. It has plenty of information om how to contact Delhi visa office. You can also look it up on your own.
"It has been almost 3 months for me. My parents medical was requested on July 17, 2018 and PCC for Canada only on Nov 22, 2018 and since then there is no response. Any suggestions anyone ?
Our file is in New Delhi and my brother is also part of the application as a dependent."

Here is my original post. Everything is done, SA approval, medical, Pre arrival and PCC. Havnt heard since nov 22 2018. Does anyone know the phone number for Delhi? I don't know how to access spreadsheet ?

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
"It has been almost 3 months for me. My parents medical was requested on July 17, 2018 and PCC for Canada only on Nov 22, 2018 and since then there is no response. Any suggestions anyone ?
Our file is in New Delhi and my brother is also part of the application as a dependent."

Here is my original post. Everything is done, SA approval, medical, Pre arrival and PCC. Havnt heard since nov 22 2018. Does anyone know the phone number for Delhi? I don't know how to access spreadsheet ?
could you share your timeline here?

Amandeep Singh Sran

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Looking for a Suggestion:
I am looking to get new passports for my parents. They are expiring in less than a year and so is their visitor visa. Can we apply for a new visitor visa on new passports even though they still have like 11 months visitor visa left on their old passport?

Reactions: Cravethe6th

joeling2

Star Member
Jul 27, 2018

My parents medical passed on Oct as well as PCC. And we heard nothing since till last week pre-arrival email came. So I wouldn't worry too much. I actually use web form to ask LOV in Jan and they just replied it was just going through the cue. It is hard to wait. Hope knowing others are going through same thing makes you feel less anxious.

sk2019

Jan 18, 2019
could you share your timeline here?
Invitation - March 20,2018
App submitted- April 18, 2018
File no assigned- June 4, 2018
SA approval- June 27, 2018
File transferred- June 27, 2018
to delhi
App acknw letter - July 1, 2018
from delhi
Medical req- July 17, 2018(medical passed as well)
Pre arrival- Nov 13, 2018
PCC for Canada- Nov 22, 2018
Rew
Since then .............................Waiting .....................

Reactions: YULIA-2016

sk2019

Jan 18, 2019
My parents medical passed on Oct as well as PCC. And we heard nothing since till last week pre-arrival email came. So I wouldn't worry too much. I actually use web form to ask LOV in Jan and they just replied it was just going through the cue. It is hard to wait. Hope knowing others are going through same thing makes you feel less anxious.
Yes it feels better to know I am not alone. !!!!!!

Malayer

Star Member
May 19, 2018

There are many reasons which could delay an application more than expected such as overloaded LVO, having a complex application or even the LVO is not first come first served basis.
Also there are many reasons why an application may be considered as a complex application.
Some of them which MAY apply to your case would be:
1- you were requested more documents and they weren’t submitted on time, or at all.
2- your brother turned 18 since you applied.
3- background checks are still in progress for the applicant and family members.
4- your contact information has changed and they can't contact you.

I highly recommend you review your status on MyCIC account carefully to see the medical exam and Bachground check status and also if more documents has been requested.
Also try to contact the LVO to get some updates.

sk2019

Jan 18, 2019
There are many reasons which could delay an application more than expected such as overloaded LVO, having a complex application or even the LVO is not first come first served basis.
Also there are many reasons why an application may be considered as a complex application.
Some of them which MAY apply to your case would be:
1- you were requested more documents and they weren’t submitted on time, or at all.
2- your brother turned 18 since you applied.
3- background checks are still in progress for the applicant and family members.
4- your contact information has changed and they can't contact you.

I highly recommend you review your status on MyCIC account carefully to see the medical exam and Bachground check status and also if more documents has been requested.
Also try to contact the LVO to get some updates.
I submitted all documents within a week of its request
My brother was already 18 when we applied since the new dependent age is 22
on my online account it shows medical passed and background in progress.
I have a lawyer hired for the file so there is no way they cant contact them. I am in touch with my lawyer

We sent an email asking for update , no answer. I am trying to find a way to contact them now.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Please can someone confirm if its safe to assume that medicals for both my parents is passed? Is there a possibility after this point for CIC to ask for further tests? I am asking because during medicals my mother in laws BP was marginally high and doctor showed a bit of concern so were expecting additional tests to be asked by CIC.
if you have MEdical received on E-case means both passed

Reactions: nirvana555

Tan Tan

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Category........
You don’t have to take anything from pre-arrival services. You can if you choose to.

As for PCC form number, just enter a number there. My parents PCCs didn’t have form numbers either. I emailed the visa office to clarify on that and they’re ok with it.

Medical number is located on the form. You will see it on the forms.

By the way, you must wait for medical and PCC requests. You cannot download those forms. That’s not how it works.
Thank you

AMBEL520

Feb 28, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have one question regarding eIMM 5669 Schedule A / background declaration. In Section 6 - personal history, it says to provide details of personal history and I am wondering if I should include vacation travels of 2 or 3 weeks. I am not sure whether it's only for personal activity or travel history as well. Please let me know you probably all of you must have an idea. Thanks

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have one question regarding eIMM 5669 Schedule A / background declaration. In Section 6 - personal history, it says to provide details of personal history and I am wondering if I should include vacation travels of 2 or 3 weeks. I am not sure whether it's only for personal activity or travel history as well. Please let me know you probably all of you must have an idea. Thanks
could you share your timeline??

kami999

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I submitted all documents within a week of its request
My brother was already 18 when we applied since the new dependent age is 22
on my online account it shows medical passed and background in progress.
I have a lawyer hired for the file so there is no way they cant contact them. I am in touch with my lawyer

We sent an email asking for update , no answer. I am trying to find a way to contact them now.
Just contact the Local MP and they can get the information for you. they are pretty quick .