+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Vertig0

May 4, 2018
Was just wondering why would London LVO ask for Sponsor Marriage certificate. I am assuming "Sponsor" is me and NOT my parent
This came with medical and Police certificate request

Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s) copy of the marriage certificate of the sponsor. This must be received at this office by: 2019/03/25

March 20th - Invitation email for PGP 2018
April 11th - Application mailed
April 13th - Application delivered
April 19th - AOR Email

June 6th - Request for additional document (Death Certificate)
June 7th - Faxed death certificate

June 28th - SA (Sponsorship Approved). Application forwarded to local office (London)

Dec 5th - Online shows "We started processing your application Dec 5th, 2018

Feb 25th - Request for following came
a. Medical
b. PCC
c. Travel history
d. Military service history
e. Death certificate (again?)
f. Sponsor marriage certificate

Only NOA provided (no SIN)
Country of citizenship - Pakistan

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hello,
My mom is staying in Canada as a visitor (now: implied status) , so when I apply for her PGP (PR) now, do they process it in Canada or in her home country ?

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
Was just wondering why would London LVO ask for Sponsor Marriage certificate. I am assuming "Sponsor" is me and NOT my parent

Marriage Certificate / Licence: Marriage/certificate(s) copy of the marriage certificate of the sponsor. This must be received at this office by: 2019/03/25

March 20th - Invitation email for PGP 2018
April 11th - Application mailed
April 13th - Application delivered
April 19th - AOR Email

June 6th - Request for additional document (Death Certificate)
June 7th - Faxed death certificate

June 28th - SA (Sponsorship Approved). Application forwarded to local office (London)

Dec 5th - Online shows "We started processing your application Dec 5th, 2018

Feb 25th - Request for following came
a. Medical
b. PCC
c. Travel history
d. Military service history
e. Death certificate (again?)
f. Sponsor marriage certificate

Maybe you have your spouse as a co signer and did not provide the marriage certificate.

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hello,
My mom is staying in Canada as a visitor (now: implied status) , so when I apply for her PGP (PR) now, do they process it in Canada or in her home country ?
I have a friend in the same situation as yours. They process the application in Ottawa and it was like a flash. Her mom is now holding a PR status in Canada.

Reactions: macwhitby

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
did you provide it before ? they need to know your family size

sunjuxta1

Aug 22, 2018
Please Help me... my mother's online application status say " Decision Made " since Feb 8th. She did her medicals past December and online status says medical received. But why does it says decision made but i have not got anything in email or mail since then ?

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Please Help me... my mother's online application status say " Decision Made " since Feb 8th. She did her medicals past December and online status says medical received. But why does it says decision made but i have not got anything in email or mail since then ?
try calling CIC and find out what happen... if they mail you something but you don't receive within 6 weeks, you can request another copy or e-version.

Waiting_Kills

Star Member
Apr 22, 2016
A few questions guys and gals

1) My father's middle name seems truncated in the letters that we receive. The form has the complete name as it appears on the passport. Should I let them know or is it because of character limitations that a part of his middle name gets cut?

2) My father renewed his passport a couple of months ago and his application is based on the older passport. Do I need to inform them about the change?

3) Also he lived in another country for about 2 years almost 50 years ago. Will we need a PCC from that country?

shadih

Apr 29, 2018
A few questions guys and gals

1) My father's middle name seems truncated in the letters that we receive. The form has the complete name as it appears on the passport. Should I let them know or is it because of character limitations that a part of his middle name gets cut?

2) My father renewed his passport a couple of months ago and his application is based on the older passport. Do I need to inform them about the change?

3) Also he lived in another country for about 2 years almost 50 years ago. Will we need a PCC from that country?

They would ask you for PCC from which country . also about passport they will ask you for a new passport at the time of the passposrt request.

shadih

Apr 29, 2018
were you expecting the passport request? if yes, call them or email them, because our decision made appeared last night and I received email for passport request last night as well.

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
my file is row#33. Decision made and passport request for visa on 03-04-2019.

Do you know if My mom travels in person to Ankara she can get her visa/passport in one day and get back?
Hi @shadih,

There are travel agencies in Tehran who takes the passport for visa pickup. Sometimes the passports are not getting ready within couple of days, so having a fixed return ticket is a bit tricky

If you search online you can find the agencies, I am not sure if I am allowed to give the names of the agencies in the forum. I did the same for my parents visitor visa pickup

Please note I have no affiliation with the agencies and I don't know them personally. I just used their service before

shadih

Apr 29, 2018
Hi @shadih,

There are travel agencies in Tehran who takes the passport for visa pickup. Sometimes the passports are not getting ready within a couple of days, so having a fixed return ticket is a bit tricky

If you search online you can find the agencies, I am not sure if I am allowed to give the names of the agencies in the forum. I did the same for my parents visitor visa pickup

Please note I have no affiliation with the agencies and I don't know them personally. I just used their service before
Thanks, @sarasarasara . My mom is a resident of Switzerland, and she is there at the moment. There is not any VAC in Switzerland, so I thought maybe easier to go to Ankara for one day and get back, If one day doesn't work, she needs to give her passport to any other European VAC I believe.

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Thanks, @sarasarasara . My mom is a resident of Switzerland, and she is there at the moment. There is not any VAC in Switzerland, so I thought maybe easier to go to Ankara for one day and get back, If one day doesn't work, she needs to give her passport to any other European VAC I believe.
ohhhh,
I see, I did not notice your LVO. Yours is Ottawa. Let us know who you resolve it later. Just out of curiosity