+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
agreed - I didn't mean to be certain... but most of the time it does work without the count of kinds... but I should say you may :)
Thanks for the correction though - appreciated :)
anyway, just try every single number before saying "i have tried all the numbers".......aka method of exclusion

Leo_1983

Mar 21, 2018
Hello Experts,

I need some help. Last week a received a new request from CIC

" Client Information: Please provide an amended Sponsor's birth certificate showing your and your spouse's names listed on your passports. Furthermore please provide other documents showing a parent-child relationship such as your Sponsor's matriculation document or other school documents." This message is for my parents.

Background to this : I spell my last name differently than what my parents have on their passports ( even though, they both mean the same). I have a small difference in spelling on my last name since school ( which we didn't look at too seriously ) but as my school certificates, Age Proof had that spelling, my passport was made with the same.

When I applied for my parents Immigration, I knew this might come up and thus I got an Affidavit made by a Canadian Lawyer and in India to attach with my application with supporting documents and photo ID's of my parents showing both the spelling to support the claim.

I was hoping that it would suffix but it looks like they have asking my parents to produce my Birth Certificate with the spelling that is as per their passport ( the current birth certificate has the spelling as I spell it ). I had my parents check with MCD ( Municipal Corporation) to get that Birth Certificate edited but it seems to be a lengthy and cumbersome process.

I'm looking for any guidance to tackle the situation as I have already attached the Affidavit. Please assist.

Thank you !

asap

Jul 8, 2011
Hi
Do you guys know how we should let CIC know about the passport change for parents? I have also been requested for medical and PCC and travel information form. Can I submit a photo of the new passport with these forms?
Does anybody know about this?

Amandeep Singh Sran

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Current status on GCKey:

Review of medical results | We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents | We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Thanks for detailed explaination.
Hopefully i get my pcc request in couple of days.

theDream2015

Star Member
Sep 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received police check, travel history and medical check form today.

INSANELY enough, they want my parents police check for EVERY country they’ve lived in for over 6 months since the age of 18. Is that normal? I feel like they’re just trying to make it difficult. That’s 4-5 countries! And comes out very costly and time consuming.
Congratulations! Was there perhaps a line that said since the age of 18 or last 10 years ?
If indeed they are asking since 18, this is truly too much

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Congratulations! Was there perhaps a line that said since the age of 18 or last 10 years ?
If indeed they are asking since 18, this is truly too much
My PCC request stated since the age of 18. I'm glad my parents don't travel much. Otherwise, it'd be very hard and/or time consuming to collect PCCs from several countries and jurisdictions.

Vertig0

May 4, 2018
UPDATE on Status

London LVO woke up !!!!!!!
Line 58 - Vertig0

March 20th - Invitation email for PGP 2018
April 11th - Application mailed
April 13th - Application delivered
April 19th - AOR Email

June 6th - Request for additional document (Death Certificate)
June 7th - Faxed death certificate

June 28th - SA (Sponsorship Approved). Application forwarded to local office (London)

Dec 5th - Online shows "We started processing your application Dec 5th, 2018

Feb 25th - Request for following came
a. Medical
b. PCC
c. Travel history
d. Military service history
e. Death certificate (again?)
f. Sponsor marriage certificate​

Only NOA provided (no SIN)
Country of citizenship - Pakistan
Province - AB
Destination - Edmonton

PGP2018_QC

Aug 17, 2018
Dear Admin, I have the following updates (Line 167):

Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status: In Process
  1. We received XX's application for permanent residence on August 15, 2018.
  2. We started processing XX's application on February 23, 2019.
  3. We sent XX a letter on February 23, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Bio metric completed on February 25, 2019.

Thank you.

Reactions: Cravethe6th

comeca

Aug 9, 2018
They decision made on my sponsor part at Feb 8, until now I did not get medical and PCC request. Is that normal?
I saw that lots of people decision made later than mine and already get those request.
Do I need to call them or maybe send email to them?

sani.awais

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
Good morning,
This thread is for PGP program. I am in Canada for last 4 years with my spouse and 2.5 years old kid.. I am planning to sponsor my mom (Widow) by PGP program 2020.. Please can anybody guide me basic requirement to sponsor.. What should be income level and what should be number of family member for me on this point? Recently she just recovered form Hepatitis, she is in Pakistan and destination will be Manitoba.. Please guide me in detail

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
They decision made on my sponsor part at Feb 8, until now I did not get medical and PCC request. Is that normal?
I saw that lots of people decision made later than mine and already get those request.
Do I need to call them or maybe send email to them?
check My CIC acc

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Good morning,
This thread is for PGP program. I am in Canada for last 4 years with my spouse and 2.5 years old kid.. I am planning to sponsor my mom (Widow) by PGP program 2020.. Please can anybody guide me basic requirement to sponsor.. What should be income level and what should be number of family member for me on this point? Recently she just recovered form Hepatitis, she is in Pakistan and destination will be Manitoba.. Please guide me in detail
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html