+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
It's normal. Everyone gets the same letter.
Not saying the letter is a net new development no one has ever received before. Im pointing to the PCC's for every country lived in since the age of 18. The detailed application instructions didnt mention this.

You're saying ever parent and grandparent has to submit PCC's for every country 6+ months since the age of 18?

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Update:

There's a new document in my GCKey account named "request letter", which I thought it's for PCC,

but after downloading it, i noticed it's the same as Medical Examination Instruction as the first file.

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Not saying the letter is a net new development no one has ever received before. Im pointing to the PCC's for every country lived in since the age of 18. The detailed application instructions didnt mention this.

You're saying ever parent and grandparent has to submit PCC's for every country 6+ months since the age of 18?
Yes, it is a part of your parents /grandparents / dependent (s) over 18 background checks and is needed except canada unless they ask for RCMP. We all get the same letter regardless of what of the immigration department we are dealing with.

Reactions: Malayer

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi

With the police check, travel history, medical check, and proof of sponsors relationship form, i have questions :) hoping someone can answer:

1. Police checks will take longer and there is no email address provided to communicate with. How can I have this extended? It currently says 25th march deadline
  2. At the bottom of the letter it says please return a copy of this letter with the communication, and the attachment file size that is allowed. Again, it doesn't mention any email address to send these attachments to.
You need to use web forum or online account
again I think they are talking about to upload document via web forum

that's quite annoying to have PC since 18 birthday as my father in law use to live in japan for 4 years in 1975 and in few middle east countries between 1985-1987 its really near to impossible to get Police Certificates from these countries now.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Update:

There's a new document in my GCKey account named "request letter", which I thought it's for PCC,

but after downloading it, i noticed it's the same as Medical Examination Instruction as the first file.
wow another shocker - congratulations
probably you are 1st one from 2nd round who got Medical request

Good Luck

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You need to use web forum or online account
again I think they are talking about to upload document via web forum

that's quite annoying to have PC since 18 birthday as my father in law use to live in japan for 4 years in 1975 and in few middle east countries between 1985-1987 its really near to impossible to get Police Certificates from these countries now.
Remember IRCC said if you cant get these documents you should write an explanation letter as to why but I think you have to make an effort first and probably send and communication you got from these countries while you were trying to get the pcc.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Update:

You will get two IME requests: one for your mom and one for your dad. If you look at the forms closely, you will find different names on them. If you got the exact same form for the same person, you may want to contact CIC to verify whether they meant to send PCC request instead.

Messages in my GCKey is different. “Request” letter was for PCC and “medical instructions” were for IMEs.

Reactions: Cravethe6th

asap

Jul 8, 2011
Hi
Do you guys know how we should let CIC know about the passport change for parents? I have also been requested for medical and PCC and travel information form. Can I submit a photo of the new passport with these forms?

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
You will get two IME requests: one for your mom and one for your dad. If you look at the forms closely, you will find different names on them. If you got the exact same form for the same person, you may want to contact CIC to verify whether they meant to send PCC request instead.

Messages in my GCKey is different. “Request” letter was for PCC and “medical instructions” were for IMEs.
I want to ask those who have received PCC and MED: what are the title of documents in your GC KEY?

currently, I have 2 as "Request Letter" and "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)", but both are for the same document.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018

so in your request letter, what else did CIC ask for besides PCC?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I want to ask those who have received PCC and MED: what are the title of documents in your GC KEY?

currently, I have 2 as "Request Letter" and "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)", but both are for the same document.
Something isn’t quite right. I got three letters from CIC namely - request letter and 2 medical reports IMM 1017E.

Request letter was for PCC only and asked for PCC from my parents’s home country.

Two medicals reports: one for mom and one for dad. Medical reports asked for medical only.

They don’t ask for medical and PCC in the same letter.

Reactions: Cravethe6th

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Something isn’t quite right. I got three letters from CIC namely - request letter and 2 medical reports IMM 1017E.

Request letter was for PCC only and asked for PCC from my parents’s home country.

Two medicals reports: one for mom and one for dad. Medical reports asked for medical only.

They don’t ask for medical and PCC in the same letter.
yes, your assumption is right. just called them, they noticed they upload a wrong file, supposed to be requesting PCC.

thanks,