+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

ali_2018

Jul 6, 2018
Agree with you.

Let's see what the immigration officer has to say. Their verdict, as you know, is the final one.
Hey brother, was just wondering if you are aware of these latest updates on VFS because asof 3rd November 2018 these are in effect and prior to going to VFS global office for biometric, need to book an appointment.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Pakistan/
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Pakistan/biometrics.html
  • Effective 03 November 2018, prior appointment is mandatory for Biometric Enrolment at all the Canada Visa Application Centres (CVAC) in Pakistan. Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give biometrics.
  • Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
  • Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas
  • To find out if you need to give biometrics, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

Reactions: USK

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
what's more: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1424&top=19

If you’re from a country in Asia, Asia Pacific or the Americas and we received your application before December 31, 2018, you don’t need to give your biometrics, even if your application is still being processed.

This same requirement has applied to:

• nationals from countries in Europe, the Middle East and Africa since July 31, 2018, and
  • nationals from these 29 countries and 1 territory since 2013 who applied for a visitor visa, study or work permit.

iris_lf

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2014
The error is mostly in total family members on the application.
If you are applying and have a co-soponsor then 2+ Your dad+your mom=4 is the correct answer
if you are alone, no cosponsor and two parents =3
if you+cosponsor+mom or dad one person only=3

it will be connected. its easy but you need to answer questions as it is on your application.
for example

applicant place of birth if you entered - town/state
then you need to enter same xxxtown/xxxstate with slash to connect your appliation plus total members on application correct no.

I hope it helps.
OMG! THANK YOU THANK YOU! We are finally able to link our application!

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
what's more: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1424&top=19

If you’re from a country in Asia, Asia Pacific or the Americas and we received your application before December 31, 2018, you don’t need to give your biometrics, even if your application is still being processed.

• nationals from countries in Europe, the Middle East and Africa since July 31, 2018, and
  • nationals from these 29 countries and 1 territory since 2013 who applied for a visitor visa, study or work permit.
Perfect! So this confirms my thinking.

So USK should really confirm why biometrics are needed for his application. May be a mix up by CIC.

Also - USK - did you get asked to pay biometric fees? If no, hard for CIC to request biometrics as you need to have paid the necessary fee first.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Agree with you.

Let's see what the immigration officer has to say. Their verdict, as you know, is the final one.

Just received the following response from the IRCC in regards to my Biometric CSE. Sharing with the fellows so that they are prepared in advance.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Collecting biometrics

Biometrics collection is recognized globally as a reliable, accurate tool for establishing identity.

Since July 31st, 2018, certain modifications are implemented such as:

• Permanent residence applicants need to give their biometrics, and
  • Facilitating repeat travel to Canada, applicants for a temporary resident visa (TRV), study permit (SP) or work permit (WP) only need to give their biometrics once every 10 years.
By answering a few questions on our website, you will be able to determine if you are required to provide your fingerprints and photograph for your TRV, SP or WP application.

Have you already given your fingerprints and photo as part of a previous application?

If you have given your biometrics as part of a previous application to visit, study or work in Canada and you will be presenting another application for:

• A temporary resident visa, or
  • A study or work permit,
You may not need to do them again. Please visit our website to find out if your biometrics are still valid.

We invite you to consult our website to obtain more information about:

• The facts about biometrics, and
  • Where to give your fingerprints and photo:
    • until further notice, if you're in Canada and you received a biometrics instruction letter, you may need to leave Canada to give biometrics:
      • don't travel to the U.S. if you're only going to give biometrics. The U.S. border officials may not let you enter the country. You can only give biometrics at an Application Support Center in the U.S. if you're already legally in the U.S,
      • instead, go to a visa application centre (VAC) in any country that you can legally enter, such as your home country.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely, "

Answering a Few question link leads to the conclusion that the parents have to give the biometric for the PR application.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hey brother, was just wondering if you are aware of these latest updates on VFS because asof 3rd November 2018 these are in effect and prior to going to VFS global office for biometric, need to book an appointment.

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Pakistan/
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Pakistan/biometrics.html
  • Effective 03 November 2018, prior appointment is mandatory for Biometric Enrolment at all the Canada Visa Application Centres (CVAC) in Pakistan. Depending on your nationality, you may already need to give biometrics.
  • Since July 31, 2018 – applicants from Europe, Middle East and Africa
  • Starting December 31, 2018 – applicants from Asia, Asia Pacific and the Americas
  • To find out if you need to give biometrics, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Thanks Ali for letting me know.
I'll book an appointment once the date for my parents departure is confirmed.

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Just received the following response from the IRCC in regards to my Biometric CSE. Sharing with the fellows so that they are prepared in advance.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Collecting biometrics

Biometrics collection is recognized globally as a reliable, accurate tool for establishing identity.

Since July 31st, 2018, certain modifications are implemented such as:

• Permanent residence applicants need to give their biometrics, and
  • Facilitating repeat travel to Canada, applicants for a temporary resident visa (TRV), study permit (SP) or work permit (WP) only need to give their biometrics once every 10 years.
By answering a few questions on our website, you will be able to determine if you are required to provide your fingerprints and photograph for your TRV, SP or WP application.

Have you already given your fingerprints and photo as part of a previous application?

If you have given your biometrics as part of a previous application to visit, study or work in Canada and you will be presenting another application for:

• A temporary resident visa, or
  • A study or work permit,
You may not need to do them again. Please visit our website to find out if your biometrics are still valid.

We invite you to consult our website to obtain more information about:

• The facts about biometrics, and
  • Where to give your fingerprints and photo:
    • until further notice, if you're in Canada and you received a biometrics instruction letter, you may need to leave Canada to give biometrics:
      • don't travel to the U.S. if you're only going to give biometrics. The U.S. border officials may not let you enter the country. You can only give biometrics at an Application Support Center in the U.S. if you're already legally in the U.S,
      • instead, go to a visa application centre (VAC) in any country that you can legally enter, such as your home country.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely, "

Answering a Few question link leads to the conclusion that the parents have to give the biometric for the PR application.
This answer you got is not case-specific and not very helpful. You may want to follow up with the info that Cravethe6th sent above from the website and let them know your application was submitted before Dec 31.
Not sure if you have been my question above re whether you have paid biometric fees. Let us know if you can.

Reactions: USK

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018

As per United Nations definition, Pakistan belongs to Asia. So USK shouldn't be asked to do biometrics, unless CIC has their own definition.

sunjuxta1

Aug 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Just so confused, online status for my mother shows as decision made ( from 8th Feb ), she did her medical and PCC two months ago. I also received an email telling about the pre-arrival services that she can avail after landing etc but still there is no formal confirmation email or mail confirming her PR.
also we ( me and my mother ) were returning from India yesterday and decided to check with immigration and they said that her application is still " In process "...which left me confused. can somebody shed some light on this or had a similar experience...

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi there,

I have a question. I was able to link my dad's pr application to his account. Below are the details:

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you

Application - Current status
Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check Not applicable.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

BECAUSE my sponsorship application status is DECISION MADE and I have not received any correspondence yet. I am confused.
Does it mean that it has been approved and they have forwarded the PR application to LVO?

Thank you in advance.

sunjuxta1

Aug 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Just so confused, online status for my mother shows as decision made ( from 8th Feb ), she did her medical and PCC two months ago. I also received an email telling about the pre-arrival services that she can avail after landing etc but still there is no formal confirmation email or mail confirming her PR.
also we ( me and my mother ) were returning from India yesterday and decided to check with immigration and they said that her application is still " In process "...which left me confused. can somebody shed some light on this or had a similar experience...