+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Amandeep Singh Sran

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Congrats man. I have a quick qsn. What it was showing before Decision made for both sponsorship and for parents?

mine is showing in process for both of them for last 1 and half months and my application was received on Aug 7. Just little concerned as everyone whose files were received similar to mine or even after have got SA approval but for me both are showing in process since Jan 08

Sponsored Person Sponsorship Application Status Permanent Residence Application Status
XXXXXXXXXX In Process In Process

So mine was
app received app received when i got my AOR
in process in process mid - late jan
app received in process early feb
app received app received early feb
decision made in process feb 11

Reactions: fisahma

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
So mine was
app received app received when i got my AOR
in process in process mid - late jan
app received in process early feb
app received app received early feb
decision made in process feb 11
Congrats Man. Not sure what they are doing with mine. Even with my PR app 5 years ago, everyone else was getting pr who applied even 5/6 months after me. But mine one had no news. Same thing happening now.

Reactions: Cravethe6th

iris_lf

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2013
AOR Received.
08-01-2014
File Transfer...
20-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2014
If you have the file# you should be able to link

AND/OR

if it's not working then you may can wait a week or so that your info will get updated on CIC side and then you may try again :)
Hmmm...We have tried several times, using FN and Last name and then put in the passport information...Nothing shows up

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

sappi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
One thing i have noticed is some applicants get "in process" at the same time for both sponsorship and permanent residency; whereas, some applicants only get "in process" for sponsorship to start with. Any ideas whats the reason?

sukhi_boy

May 14, 2010
Hello friends...i have got a doubt..can somebody pls tell if the carway US border in alberta still do immigration and flagpole thing because somebody Told me that they don't do it anymore...

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Friends,
I just received two messages on my GCKey account to submit Biometrics for both parents.
Both parents are in Canada on a supervisa and their previous Biometrics are still valid until October 2025 as per the GCKey.
The letter says that if they're in Canada they have to leave Canada to submit to do so, as Biometrics submission centers are not available inside Canada.
The letters I received do not indicate any visa office address on them.

Please note that I have received this request when my sponsorship eligibility is not decided yet.
Rather the profile just got updated today saying "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

Anyone else in a similar situation or seen something like that?

Last edited:

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Friends,
I just received two messages on my GCKey account to submit Biometrics for both parents.
Both parents are in Canada on a supervisa and their previous Biometrics are still valid until October 2025 as per the GCKey.
The letter says that if they're in Canada they have to leave Canada to submit to do so, as Biometrics submission centers are not available inside Canada.
The letters I received do not indicate any visa office address on them.

Please note that I have received this request when my sponsorship eligibility is not decided yet.
Rather the profile just got updated today saying "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

Anyone else in a similar situation or seen something like that?
I’ve never heard of this before. My parents did biometric before and immigration didn’t ask for biometric again, as they are still valid. I would contact Ottawa office via webform and ask for clarification. Take a screenshot of the valid biometric from GCKey and attach it to IRCC webform.

vness

Apr 18, 2016
Hmmm...We have tried several times, using FN and Last name and then put in the passport information...Nothing shows up
I cant link my MIL's application either! I have tried with file number, UCI # everything and it says not found - However I can check it on the CIC site and it says Application Received.

USK

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
I’ve never heard of this before. My parents did biometric before and immigration didn’t ask for biometric again, as they are still valid. I would contact Ottawa office via webform and ask for clarification. Take a screenshot of the valid biometric from GCKey and attach it to IRCC webform.
Thanks for your response.
I did the exact samething last night (sent in a Case Specific Enquiry with the screenshots of Biometric numbers for both parents).

This morning I also talked to the Call center agent.
She looked into my file and mentioned that those Biometrics were for the Supervisa application. Now I have to resubmit new Biometrics for the PR application. This sounds odd to me. I'm still waiting for a response on the web enquiry that I made yesterday. Hopefully a visa officer will address that.

By the way, this morning my E-CAS for sponsorship has changed to 'Decision Made' and I've passed the Eligibility criteria as sponsor. @Yulia please update the Spreadsheet.
My LVO will be London (unfortunately it has proven to be slow). So the real fun starts now.

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Hey Guys.. My Sponsor status changed from IN PROCESS to Application Received last friday and today my Parents PR status also changed to Application Received.
Is that mean they have touched my file. I found some of them have faced similar. Can you give some light

Hi. My application status lines are almost similar as yours. And it happened exactly same to My Sponsor status changed from IN PROCESS to Application Received last week and today my Parents PR status also changed to Application Received.
I called CIC an they said there are no notes from officer. So dont know what is happending and why its been changing and when we will get SA , PCC and IME request. Please let me know once there is an update at your end.

Yulia Do you have any info on this status change?

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Thanks for your response.
I did the exact samething last night (sent in a Case Specific Enquiry with the screenshots of Biometric numbers for both parents).

This morning I also talked to the Call center agent.
She looked into my file and mentioned that those Biometrics were for the Supervisa application. Now I have to resubmit new Biometrics for the PR application. This sounds odd to me. I'm still waiting for a response on the web enquiry that I made yesterday. Hopefully a visa officer will address that.

By the way, this morning my E-CAS for sponsorship has changed to 'Decision Made' and I've passed the Eligibility criteria as sponsor. @Yulia please update the Spreadsheet.
My LVO will be London (unfortunately it has proven to be slow). So the real fun starts now.

As per CIC officer, Bio metrics are not required for people who submitted PR applications last year. Its applicable from Jan 1 this year.

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
I cant link my MIL's application either! I have tried with file number, UCI # everything and it says not found - However I can check it on the CIC site and it says Application Received.

The error is mostly in total family members on the application.
If you are applying and have a co-soponsor then 2+ Your dad+your mom=4 is the correct answer
if you are alone, no cosponsor and two parents =3
if you+cosponsor+mom or dad one person only=3

it will be connected. its easy but you need to answer questions as it is on your application.
for example

applicant place of birth if you entered - town/state
then you need to enter same xxxtown/xxxstate with slash to connect your appliation plus total members on application correct no.

I hope it helps.

Reactions: iris_lf