VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

ruchi6464

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Hi Everyone,

I got confirmation # for 2019 PGP. I had a few questions if some of you could answer with your experience:

1. For transation, my parents have their spanish PR cards sworn translated in Spain for their super visa in 2017. But the originals were not certified copes, were just regular photocopies.
Do I need to get certified copies of those, and the old translation along with it would work? Or just the old translation as well as the regular photocopy is sufficient?

2. For form #5669, do we have to provide addresses, employment information of parents for last 10 years or since their age of 18?

Thank you in advance!
Have you received invitation from cic? They sent confirmation to everyone whoever were able to submit interest to sponsor.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Sure you can put in UCI if you have it. If you leave it blank though it's no big deal, the number is not important.
Hi,

I just noticed my parents applied for visitor visa and had one UCI which is like 9007-XXXX and they got it refused, next time when they got their super visa, the UCI is different, It is something like 11-01XX-XXXX
Could you please tell me why there would be 2 different UCI for them.
And should I provide this or just leave it blank?

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,

I just noticed my parents applied for visitor visa and had one UCI which is like 9007-XXXX and they got it refused, next time when they got their super visa, the UCI is different, It is something like 11-01XX-XXXX
You don’t need to provide UCI for PGP application. But, if you are really keen on providing UCI, provide UCI for super visa. That way, they could use some stuff such as PCC from super visa for PGP. But, they have that information already even if you don’t provide UCI.

The reason why they have two different UCIs is because those are for two different applications: one for TRV (visitor visa) and another for the super visa.

UCIs are not personal identifications. Each application has its own UCI.

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi,

In my parents case, they applied for visitor visa and extended their stay for numerous times and they received different UCI on each application. You don’t need to write any UCI number if you’re just filing a new application for you don’t know the uci # yet. They will provide that number to you once they received your application for your reference.

Reactions: calgary17

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
In my parents case, they applied for visitor visa and extended their stay for numerous times and they received different UCI on each application. You don’t need to write any UCI number if you’re just filing a new application for you don’t know the uci # yet. They will provide that number to you once they received your application for your reference.
Thank you,
I thought UCI is one time and it remains same forever.
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Gjs40

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Hi,

Just leave it blank, that’s fine. But I thought uci remains same for an individual once assigned. This is what I observed in my case as well as for my parents.

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Just leave it blank, that’s fine. But I thought uci remains same for an individual once assigned. This is what I observed in my case as well as for my parents.
Yeah you’re right my mistake UCI is the same in a certain applicant. It’s the application number i should say that changes on each applications.Thanks

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Thank you,
I thought UCI is one time and it remains same forever.
Thanks for the info.
my mistake UCI is the same in a certain applicant. It’s the application number i should say that changes on each applications. But if you’re sending application for PGP you can leave it blank as what I did to my parents.Thanks

Reactions: calgary17

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
UCI is generated once during first application to cic Canada and remains same forever as far as I know .
you’re right. My mistake. UCI is the same in a certain applicant. I was looking on my mom’s documents and didn’t realize my father’s paper was there too. They have different UCI but remains the same in each individual’s file. It’s the application number i should say that changes on each applications.Thanks

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
But I don’t know then why is it different for my parents, in their TRV application it was different and in super visa its different?
What should I do?

They applied for TRV in 2013 and 2017, both got rejected and the UCI is same in both and fornat is 9007XXXX
For super visa its different and even format is different its 10-XXXX-XXXX

Please advise?

Last edited: