+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

SPONSORMOM77

Jun 4, 2018
I received the notification that my mom's application is ready for visa and to send the passport. Do you know how long it takes for the passport to be sent back by the visa office?
My mom is currently traveling so she needs her passport, it would be very inconvenient if she had to cancel her trip. Thank you

kone0801

May 26, 2018
that means DM soon
You are right. Permanent Residence Application Status just DM today.
Received passport request email last night.
myCIC account no update, still showing in the progress of revieing the eligibility, additional documents, back ground check and no final decision. Will check the account again tomorrow.

Line 43 ss update.

Question: how long will cic return the passport once we send out? Thanks! ;)

Reactions: Cravethe6th

rajtoronto

Aug 24, 2018
Hi, please update my status .. tab:2018, line: 156; decision made: 2/7/19;

and couple of quick questions:
1) I didnt receive any mail/email of correspondence, is there something important in that piece of communication or i shouldnt care?
2) How do i find out what my LVO is?
3) How much time after decision made is the medical/police letter?

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018

1) I didnt receive any mail/email of correspondence, is there something important in that piece of communication or i shouldnt care?
after non-stop trying, finally i connected CIC over the phone with 28 mins waiting time. (so i guess the line won't be connected if the systematic waiting time is over 30 mins)

What I was told is they sent me the SA confirmation by MAIL (not email, and they refused to tell me the reason), and my LVO is Ottawa.

ruchi6464

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Toronto
Category........
Hi Ruchi, I see you that you're sponsoring your parents from India. I applied in 2019 quota and got the confirmation #. If you don't mind, can you please share the documentation CIC is asking for parents sponsonship from India. My parents live in New Delhi.

I'm aware of forms, PCC, Medical....is there anything additional CIC asked from you? like Parents Marriage Certificate, Education proof, Financial proof?

Thanks,
Have you received invitation from CIC? On CIC website under parent and grandparents you will find application package . In document checklist you will find all the documents required. CIC will give you 60 days after you will get invitation so no need to rush.

Reactions: sagar416

curious205

Mar 20, 2018

You should care because it contains the information which LVO they assigned your application to. Once you find out your LVO, IME and PCC can be estimated as each LVO differ in processing time. But, it will take approximately two to three months unless your LVO is Ottawa. Ottawa LVO seems to get things done pretty quick as they do not process any other immigration applications such as visa etc.

Reactions: rajtoronto

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
You are right. Permanent Residence Application Status just DM today.
Received passport request email last night.
myCIC account no update, still showing in the progress of revieing the eligibility, additional documents, back ground check and no final decision. Will check the account again tomorrow.

Line 43 ss update.

Question: how long will cic return the passport once we send out? Thanks! ;)
no final decision on my cic account, you will see info about visas only ;)

Reactions: kone0801

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

should be email or mail with LVO

Feb 8, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian Citizen living in Canada (Niagara Falls, Ontario) but I will be working in US (Buffalo NY) for a US Company. I will be file my taxes in both US and Canada. I want to know if I am eligible to sponsor my parents even though I work in US for a US company?

Thanks,

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
@YULIA-2016
Hi i called cic today and they said that the letter was sent to my gic account but I couldn’t find the letter. I have already Link my application but letter is not showing at all. But anyhow, my sponsorship has been approved on Feb. 5 and my LVO is Ottawa. Please update my LVO on SS, pls put Ottawa instead of Manila. Thank you

Reactions: YULIA-2016

pkhichi007

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am a Canadian Citizen living in Canada (Niagara Falls, Ontario) but I will be working in US (Buffalo NY) for a US Company. I will be file my taxes in both US and Canada. I want to know if I am eligible to sponsor my parents even though I work in US for a US company?

Thanks,
yes, you are.
As long as you are filing your tax in Canada.

nirav870

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th june
AOR Received.
24th oct
Med's Request
24th december
Med's Done....
29th december
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 december
VISA ISSUED...
wish god will give in feb'14
Guys,
My application is in progress since yesterday.

(1) If my dad changes mailing address from his ECAS, that would decide LVO for the case?

His current address is Indian and he came to Canada last month. Appreciate your help in advance!!!!

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Have you received invitation from CIC? On CIC website under parent and grandparents you will find application package . In document checklist you will find all the documents required. CIC will give you 60 days after you will get invitation so no need to rush.
thank you...i'm aware of the checklist and the standard documents. But every country Visa office has additional document requirements. My parents have been married for 35 years and but don't have a marriage certificate. To get a certificate is a month long process in India, that is the reason I asked if any India VO has asked for anything special other than the standard docs. Upon reading in the forum, it seems they're asking resume of parents from some candidates as well....so wondering if in your experience you encountered any special requirement?