+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
Congrats. Are you first or second round applicant? Are you in SS? If not, please share timeline
On second round, I actually posted my timeline#9829

August 1, 2018: Received letter to submit application for PGP 2018
August 20, 2018: application submitted to Ottawa by mail
August 22, 2018: application received at CPC missisauga
November 26, 2018: AOR received
January 22, 2019: SA noted started processing on ecas
ECAS update SA still received and PGP application still received.
February 6, 2019 Ecas status SPonsorship approval: decision made, PGP: in process
I don’t actually know what’s the decision since I didn’t receive any email yet.

Gjs40

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
provide info for SS pl.
doing nothing , just wait e-mail or mail
Hi Yulia,
Please add this my timeline on the spreadsheet. Thanks
February 6, 2019 Ecas status SPonsorship approval: decision made, PGP: in process

Reactions: YULIA-2016

hsusmiran

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
11-20-2009

hsusmiran

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
11-20-2009
That's good news! They don't ask people to pay PRRF again after it was refunded unless they want to approve your application. They denied your application already and reopened your file. That to me is pointing to real positive direction. I wouldn't worry about the time. But, it won't take much longer.
hopefully.. if i apply for tourist visa for them or supervisa, would it be denied since they have a pending application for PR?

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Friends I just got the email that I have met the sponsorship requirements and now file is being forwarded...it says any questions I can email to Ottawa email address...does that mean my case will be processed in ottawa
congrats. Hopefully we all hear soon. Was the email from CIC? like the one which had AOR?

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hi Yulia,
Please add this my timeline on the spreadsheet. Thanks

Hey did you provide the SIN or NOA or both?

newbrunswick

Feb 1, 2019
1) Contact the responsible visa office if they require any additional documents. They will reply fairly quick.
2) Yes. They must follow the rules just like any other PRs. The two years in Canada does not need to be continuous and some times abroad may be counted towards 730 days as well. See this link for more details http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=727&top=4
3) It is possible. Contact your local visa office and Ottawa office for change of mailing address, and that you want to do "inland landing" in Canada. They will advise you how to proceed.

It appears that your parents aren't so keen to come to Canada or at least not in a rush to come here. They had TRV that has never been used and you are now inquiring if they need to live in Canada for 2 years to keep their PR status. Interesting.....
Thank you for the response.

So just email them at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details like application number, full name, dob as to why is it showing "Additional documents are required for procesing your application "? Also i will send an email to New Delhi LVO if my parents receive the PPR while they are visiting this summer

My father had to travel extensively for work and had no time in the past but now he is retired so planning to visit :)

Last edited:

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
hopefully.. if i apply for tourist visa for them or supervisa, would it be denied since they have a pending application for PR?
No. Some people apply for super visa after they got a pass on medical because super visa requirements are almost the same as PGP (only the latest NOA is required for super visa Vs three consecutive NOAs for PGP). So, it makes it faster for CIC to process since they have already processed most of it already. The only thing additional requirement for super visa is one year health insurance for your parents.

It should be pretty easy for tourist visa as well. They will not deny it because you have a pending PR application. That's not how it works.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018