+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
if you submitted application for your parents, could you please advise if they need to fill out their own set of forms?
for 2 parents, fee will be 1040x 2...so I am guessing they need to submit their own application? Please help if you have experience. Thanks
They do need to fill out their own sets of forms and sign themselves. But, don’t submit them separately. Have them fill out their forms, and ask them to send them to you. Then, send all the forms together including the RPRR fees receipt if you decide to pay ahead. I paid the fees upfront because it’s one less thing CIC needs to check and could make the processing much faster.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
PGP-2019
My brother successfully submitted Interest to sponsor form at 12:04pm on 28-01-2019 and got the confirmation number e-mail at 12:44pm. Hope his application will be in 20K and not in 20-27K.
Our parents are in India. In case my brother gets the invitation to submit complete application, can he ask parents to sign, scan and send their set of documents to my brother in Canada for submission to IRCC? Thanks.
I don’t think they accept scan “copy”. I know it’s a scan. But, it’s still a copy and they want the original version with hand signed signatures. Have them mail to your brother via DHL etc.

In the meantime, have your brother and parents go through the application forms so they know what’s required to gather necessary forms and documents. That way, you are fully prepared when the time comes for application.

Reactions: YVR123

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
I don’t think they accept scan “copy”. I know it’s a scan. But, it’s still a copy and they want the original version with hand signed signatures. Have them mail to your brother via DHL etc.

In the meantime, have your brother and parents go through the application forms so they know what’s required to gather necessary forms and documents. That way, you are fully prepared when the time comes for application.
Thanks. They already have everything ready as per PGP 2018 requirements and closely monitoring opening of 2019 docs/forms and if there are any changes.

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Hello it is has been some time since I have been on here - since recieving my AOR on Oct 19th 2018 - I have not heard anything from CIC - is this the same with everyone else?

Thank you

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I wish I can insert a PGP processing flow chart in the spreadsheet, although spreadsheet columns are already divided by process. People don't look at the whole SS. Could you add me to the SS editor list, Yulia? I'd like to try.
PM your name, I will see if you are in the list

bad.boo

Mar 24, 2018
can someome pleaseshare your experience?

So I started on on filling out the application as who knows what will happen, just wanted to make sure I am ready if invited.
Does anyone have exprience regarding parents signature? I was wondering if if parents could sign and scan everything and send back, rather than having them physically send papers back by courier.

Signatures
In this section, the sponsor must sign and date the application form or it will be returned.

The spouse or common-law partner (if co-signer), must also sign and date the application or it will be returned.

The sponsored person (principal applicant), must also sign and date the application or it will be returned.
In my case, my parents sent me everything through courier. No scans or whatsoever. But when they this package, it came with all the documentation that CIC is requiring from them, like birth and marriage certificates, and other required documents, so they signed all the forms (I filled out the forms of course, emailed these to them and they printed them out for signing off) as well.... I just needed to put my signature along with theirs when I had them back to my address.

So keep this in mind, given that they have to send original documents, they better sign the forms and send them together as well.

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hello @YULIA-2016

Please add me to the sheet.

2018 , Second Round

Invitation Received - 1 Aug 2018
App Received by CIC - 29 Aug 2018
AOR - 26 Nov 2018
In Process for Sponsor - 29 Jan 2019
In Process for Applicant - 29 Jan 2019
Country of Applicant - India
Proof of Income - SIN
Sponsor - Calgary

Thanks

Last edited:

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hello @YULIA-2016

Please add me to the sheet.

2018 , Second Round

Invitation Received - 1 Aug 2018
App Received by CIC - 29 Aug 2018
AOR - 26 Nov 2018
In Process for Sponsor - 29 Jan 2019
In Process for Applicant - 29 Jan 2019
Country of Applicant - India
Proof of Income - SIN
Sponsor - Calgary

Thanks
We are getting closer to Dec. AORs , hahaha ;)

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case, my parents sent me everything through courier. No scans or whatsoever. But when they this package, it came with all the documentation that CIC is requiring from them, like birth and marriage certificates, and other required documents, so they signed all the forms (I filled out the forms of course, emailed these to them and they printed them out for signing off) as well.... I just needed to put my signature along with theirs when I had them back to my address.

So keep this in mind, given that they have to send original documents, they better sign the forms and send them together as well.
thank you for your answer!

Could you please let me know if each of your parents filled out separate forms? Or are they all combined in one set of forms?
I assume $1040 for one person so the total fee is 1040x2, and each should fill out their own forms? Thanks

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They do need to fill out their own sets of forms and sign themselves. But, don’t submit them separately. Have them fill out their forms, and ask them to send them to you. Then, send all the forms together including the RPRR fees receipt if you decide to pay ahead. I paid the fees upfront because it’s one less thing CIC needs to check and could make the processing much faster.
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
You should read carefully the forms and the instructions. For some each parent fills their own- ex. Sch A Background. For others, one parent is the "principal applicant" and the other gets listed as a dependent. The Financial Evaluation is only done by the sponsor (and co-signor if any). So you need to work through the forms carefully. They can be confusing and lead to questions. Note also that the forms may change for PGP 2019. The ones on the website are for 2018 still.
On the fee - it is $1040 x 2 but you can pay $550x 2 now and later $490x2. (Additional dependents are extra.) Note this does not include biometric fees. They are separate depending on whether your parents need to give biometrics. Those are $85 per person. Hope this helps.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
thank you for your answer!

Could you please let me know if each of your parents filled out separate forms? Or are they all combined in one set of forms?
I assume $1040 for one person so the total fee is 1040x2, and each should fill out their own forms? Thanks
Nguyen

Don't get the fess confused with filling the forms. See Well79's response.

You need to have a look at the forms and go through them carefully. In most cases, parents fill out one application form, as one parent is listed as the "principle applicant" and the other is listed as "dependent". So, it depends on your situation and I suspect that yours will be "principle applicant and dependent" kind of situation. But, you must read the instructions carefully. When you finally get the official invitation to send your application, CIC will send you a link to the application package and instructions. Read them carefully and fill out the forms as required.

As for the fees, they do not need to be paid separately, although you could also do that. You can pay for both of them at the same time and the total amount will show up on your official receipt. You will need to include that in your application package as well. For now, I suggest that you read through 2018 PGP instructions and fill out the forms just to familiarize yourself with CIC forms. I do not believe that there will be much changes in the application forms, but they may have some changes in the financial evaluation forms in 2019 PGP.

Last edited: