+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi can someone give some insight on this...I plan on sponsoring my mom including me it will be a family of 2 and I meet the income requirement for a family of 2. However she does have a dependent that is my brother and he's 18 yrs old. Will they consider this a family of 3 even though I won't be sponsoring him? My plan is to sponsor my mom and then she can sponsor him after she arrives in Canada.
You need to include all your mom's dependents for the income requirement and later on for the medical exam and police check.
So you will need income for family size of 3 instead of 2. (He can be non-accompanying but still needs to go through everything)
You can either wait till your income meet the requirement of 3 or when your brother reaches 22 years old (so he is not a dependent at that point).

This is exactly that's the reason why they need to include all the dependents of the applicants for the income requirement.
Otherwise, it would be a loop hole so extra people will be sponsored without meeting the income requirement and the undertaking.

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

Would you recommend doing medical before I receive the IME letter? (I am still waiting for my SA approval)
I have the same question for PCC. Would it be ok if I ask my parents to make it ready and translate it to save some time?

Thanks

Omo-Oba

Apr 5, 2018
My e case status for Sponsor changed to Decision Made. This changed today but I have not received any email from CIC. Wondering if CIC will inform me by email of Sponsor Approval? Dod others receive any email for Sponsor Approval?
Hi,

Mine changed to "Decision Made" yesterday as well and I received the email for sponsor approval same day.

Cheers.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

Omo-Oba

Apr 5, 2018
Explicit instructions on the CIC website define the conditions under which you should file the "Use of Rep" form. According to the instructions, it is NOT mandatory.
BUT, interpretation of those conditions is on CIC. E.g., I used my Canadian address as my Dad's address. Based on the verbiage of the AOR, I' will file a use of Rep Form from my father authorizing me to be his rep.
Hi Atif,

I did use my Canadian address as mailing address and also my email address as correspondence for my mum's application as well and the file has been sent to Accra VO based on the sponsor approval letter I got yesterday. Do I still have to file the "Use of Rep Form"? This might as well constitute a delay in processing time. My understanding is that the "Use of Rep" is for a 3rd party representative and not the sponsor.
Kindly advice if you have any information on this.

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Atif,

I did use my Canadian address as mailing address and also my email address as correspondence for my mum's application as well and the file has been sent to Accra VO based on the sponsor approval letter I got yesterday. Do I still have to file the "Use of Rep Form"? This might as well constitute a delay in processing time. My understanding is that the "Use of Rep" is for a 3rd party representative and not the sponsor.
Kindly advice if you have any information on this.
This form must be signed if you want to seek information about your parents' application due to the privacy laws.

Omo-Oba

Apr 5, 2018
This form must be signed if you want to seek information about your parents' application due to the privacy laws.
Thanks for the swift response. Does this mean that the information still comes to the mailing address/ email address submitted during the application phase. I will only need to fill this form if I want to directly make enquiry about the application.

Thx.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi everyone,

Would you recommend doing medical before I receive the IME letter? (I am still waiting for my SA approval)
I have the same question for PCC. Would it be ok if I ask my parents to make it ready and translate it to save some time?

Thanks
you cant do IME without request since you need IME# for doctor :p
but you can order PCC in advance / valid 6 mon/

Reactions: sarasarasara

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi,

Mine changed to "Decision Made" yesterday as well and I received the email for sponsor approval same day.

Cheers.
which VO ?

Jan 7, 2019
I think this is a request for additional document to ensure you application is complete before they send you an AOR. I had the same thing happen to me - got a letter to pay biometric fees, which had the F000... number of top. However, I was not able to check any status or link my application until I paid and I got the AOR about a month later. That AOR letter had the F000X... number on top as well as my sponsor UCI (which I did not need to use to link my application). The AOR says my application has been accepted and has the whole use of rep language, which does not apply to me at all as I already sent the use of rep form. Hope this helps. But I do think they will not send you an AOR until you send those documents. Until then you application is technically not complete for them to start processing.

P.S. I think I messed up the citing of this. Meant to reply to karan
I've just sent the email with the requested docs, the application number on the letter started with XF000
I hope its fine now. I was a bit worried cause I was the odd one since the beginning. Lets see what happens next :)

chie042012

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Anyone here who is in the same boat like me:

ECAS status

Application to Sponsor : In Process
PR application : In Process

Does it mean that the sponsorship was approved and haven't updated the ECAS status yet and the PR processing has been started?

Thank you in advance.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Anyone here who is in the same boat like me:

ECAS status

Application to Sponsor : In Process
PR application : In Process

Does it mean that the sponsorship was approved and haven't updated the ECAS status yet and the PR processing has been started?

Thank you in advance.
means you case is in process - no DM yet for sponsor

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
Hi,

Cheers.
My ecas says Decision Made but I never received any email approval.
Although my parents already received the Medical instructions and had just finished their medical..