Waived
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2016
LANDED..........
30-12-2016
Hi All,

Has anyone applied under Parent sponsonship and provided a Notice of ReAssessment instead of Notice of Assessment for any the last 3 years?

Mine had to be reassessed after the original return was submitted

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018

xilji

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Hi All,

Has anyone applied under Parent sponsonship and provided a Notice of ReAssessment instead of Notice of Assessment for any the last 3 years?

yes I did because my accountant forgot to add one of my T4 for 2017.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi All,

Yup. I provided Notice of Reassessments for my application, and I got approved as sponsor. It's really the latest information regarding your personal tax. So, I'd argue that you do need to provide the latest information which is the reassessment. So, go right ahead and provide those reassessments. The most they can do is to provide the NOA before the reassessment. But, I do not see any reason why they would do that because notice of reassessment show the previous amount as well.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for explanantion. Will change id, its better rather than getting that back in a month. Can wait for another id for 2 weeks.
Yup. That's exactly my point. It's much better to wait 2 more weeks and get everything done right. It's not fun to start from scratch all over again in a few months. :)

sujan143

Aug 13, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 05/jul/16
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
File Transfer...
14/07/2016
Med's Done....
05-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2016
LANDED..........
30-12-2016

sujan143

Aug 13, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
10-05-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 05/jul/16
AOR Received.
28-05-2016
File Transfer...
14/07/2016
Med's Done....
05-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2016
LANDED..........
30-12-2016
Yup. I provided Notice of Reassessments for my application, and I got approved as sponsor. It's really the latest information regarding your personal tax. So, I'd argue that you do need to provide the latest information which is the reassessment. So, go right ahead and provide those reassessments. The most they can do is to provide the NOA before the reassessment. But, I do not see any reason why they would do that because notice of reassessment show the previous amount as well.
Thanks! appreciate your response

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I became PR in late 2017 and started residing in Canada towards the later part of 2018. I do cross the border for work (Windsor Detroit). I’m thinking ahead as my parents are getting old. My question is that since my income is going to be in the US, will it totally disqualify me from sponsoring parents even though I file taxes here in Canada ? Is it compulsory to file taxes for 3 years in Canada before being eligible to sponsor? I don’t want to waste a spot by entering into draws in the future only to be found ineligible.
Enter the draws! You are eligible to sponsor your parents. Enter the draws if you meet the Low Income Cut-off.

There is an exception to Canadian income rule. The following is directly from CIC. Here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf and article 5.31 is what you are looking for. You commute to Detroit for work, but you reside in Canada and file taxes in Canada. That's exactly the situation this exception was created for.

5.31. Exceptions to Canadian income rule
The exceptions to the Canadian income rule are as follows:
• sponsors who commute from Canada to work in the U.S.A. can use their U.S.
employment income provided it is declared as income on their Canadian income
tax return;
• sponsors living in Canada who declare income from foreign sources on their
Canadian tax returns, can use this foreign income to meet the financial
requirements for sponsorship

Again, enter the draw! Here is the CIC link again. For those of you who are in the same situation, please read the PDF from CIC - article 5.31!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

Reactions: YVR123

fisahma

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
i sent the requested document 10 days ago by IRCC web form and they have sent an acknowledgement email. But in CIC account, it's still showing that they have requested for additional document. Do they ever change it to anything else? If yes, normally after how many days they change it? Plz share your experience.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
i sent the requested document 10 days ago by IRCC web form and they have sent an acknowledgement email. But in CIC account, it's still showing that they have requested for additional document. Do they ever change it to anything else? If yes, normally after how many days they change it? Plz share your experience.
mine still shows as "submitted"...

Reactions: fisahma

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
I uploaded the PCC to my dads CIC account and submitted the originals to VFS in Manila because they also requested other more forms having original signatures, so I did both uploading in CIC account and submitted to VFS to make sure they will receive the documents that they requested.

Yes I am hoping for the same too medicals and PCC are done 2 months ago...it's so hard to wait but we have no choice but to wait :)

ECAS says it on process and medical result received and CIC says they are processing the background check and if I am not mistaken they started processing the background check Nov 15 last year...When I uploaded the documents in CIC Account it says the additional documents has been uploded..

What about yours?
Same as mine.

For IME, in my ECAS, it says they received medical, and in CIC account, it says medical passed.
For PCC, in CIC account, it says the additional documents has been uploaded.

What I've seen from other people in this forum in regards to additional documents were different than "it has been uploaded", so that's why I was asking.

Anyways, thanks for sharing the information, and hope that all of us hear good news not too long from now.

Reactions: Rochelle.ca

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
thanks, so it's not necessary for my parent to be in Canada till the report is out. She just needs to be here for requesting the report, right?
No they can still request it from outside of the country through third-party agency.
If the request comes in and your parents are not present in Canada, you will have to do it through the third-party agency I believe.