+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
after reviewing the timeframe of 2017 2nd rounders, the earliest SA is Feb 14. Since 2017 2nd round was announced in early September, and 2018 was in late July, the SA of 2018 2nd round should begin in mid Jan

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
and some 1st rounders got the SA after Feb 14, 2018, so we can assume that SA is not sent out strictly in the order of submission.

sarasarasara

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
and some 1st rounders got the SA after Feb 14, 2018, so we can assume that SA is not sent out strictly in the order of submission.
That was exactly what I meant. It is hard to rely on the ones completed in 6 months. I guess it is affected by so many factors even the officer who is reviewing the application and their judgment of the case.

Based on the spread sheet, on average it took 53 days between AOR and SA for 2018 cases up to now.
This value is 83 days for those who were in 2017.

The average for those who have their application completed in 2017 (either DM for the applicant or a complete case) is 487 days

This is way shorter for those who applied during the first round in 2018 and got their case completed or DM for applicant. This is 241days.

So I guess we are all still waiting :);)

Reactions: curious205

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
That was exactly what I meant. It is hard to rely on the ones completed in 6 months. I guess it is affected by so many factors even the officer who is reviewing the application and their judgment of the case.

Based on the spread sheet, on average it took 53 days between AOR and SA for 2018 cases up to now.
This value is 83 days for those who were in 2017.

The average for those who have their application completed in 2017 (either DM for the applicant or a complete case) is 487 days

This is way shorter for those who applied during the first round in 2018 and got their case completed or DM for applicant. This is 241days.

So I guess we are all still waiting :);)
for a preciser estimation, I would suggest to count by LVO office, which seems a big factor in term of the process time.

Reactions: sarasarasara

rajarunpaul

Oct 5, 2018
Hi All,
I am new to this thread!
I have a question that I had send the correspondence letter before the expired date and now we are wondering what would be letter they sent? Any Ideas? Experts please advise! Thanks in advance!

And my ecas still shows application received
  1. We received your application to sponsor on May 23, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 5, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on November 20, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you a letter on January 2, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
for a preciser estimation, I would suggest to count by LVO office, which seems a big factor in term of the process time.
From what I've seen, most people do that already. Statistics based solely on when DM is made for applicant skew the result, as some of the fastest processing come from Ottawa LVO.

IAW SS, I'm the only one assigned to Singapore LVO in 2018 so far. There are two applications being processed at SG LVO for 2017 2nd round. Once they are done, I'm hoping that I'm next. That said, there may be some more applicants that got SG LVO in 2018 2nd round.

SG LVO is as slow as London LVO (if not slower) considering the amount of PGP applications it got compared to London.

Last edited:

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi All,
I am new to this thread!
I have a question that I had send the correspondence letter before the expired date and now we are wondering what would be letter they sent? Any Ideas? Experts please advise! Thanks in advance!

And my ecas still shoes application received
  1. We received your application to sponsor on May 23, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 5, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on November 20, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you a letter on January 2, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
You got AOR on Oct 5. So, the next step is SA, unless they need more documents from you. But, why would they send you a letter mail (assuming via Canada Post)? Have you changed your address recently or provided information that could imply change of address?

They send letter mail just to make sure you still resides at the address you said you live. Anyhow, I believe you should still be able to see all the correspondences via MyCiC/GCKey. If you have not created either of those accounts, you can create one by going to the site provided below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Use your application number from AOR and link it to your MyCiC/GCKey account. If you are having trouble linking it to your online account, contact CIC at 1-888-242-2100. They can assist you linking it to your online account.

Last edited:

Donna_Louise

Jul 10, 2017
Cebu
Hi! I am new to this thread. Just wanted to ask, since my husband just recently sponsored me; landed last November; how long does it take for him to sponsor his mother? We are planning to get her here since my father-in-law has long ago passed, she has no one there except for my husband’s cousins. Mind you, she is still strong and able, we just don’t want her to be alone.

Thank you for your kind replies! :)

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Hi! I am new to this thread. Just wanted to ask, since my husband just recently sponsored me; landed last November; how long does it take for him to sponsor his mother? We are planning to get her here since my father-in-law has long ago passed, she has no one there except for my husband’s cousins. Mind you, she is still strong and able, we just don’t want her to be alone.

Thank you for your kind replies! :)
As long as he had 3 years tax income and he meet the LICO .. he can apply sponsorship when the parents sponsorship open soon!

Reactions: Donna_Louise

rajarunpaul

Oct 5, 2018
You got AOR on Oct 5. So, the next step is SA, unless they need more documents from you. But, why would they send you a letter mail (assuming via Canada Post)? Have you changed your address recently or provided information that could imply change of address?

They send letter mail just to make sure you still resides at the address you said you live. Anyhow, I believe you should still be able to see all the correspondences via MyCiC/GCKey. If you have not created either of those accounts, you can create one by going to the site provided below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

Use your application number from AOR and link it to your MyCiC/GCKey account. If you are having trouble linking it to your online account, contact CIC at 1-888-242-2100. They can assist you linking it to your online account.

Thanks for the reply and really appreciate it!!

Just wondering what is SA? Sponsorship Application? I have not changed my address or made any updation. Usually I get the correspondence via email and just wondering what is going to be! Anyone had similar situation? Any Idea? Please share!

I was able to log in to MyCiC/GCKey but I could not link my account

Thanks!!!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for the reply and really appreciate it!!

Just wondering what is SA? Sponsorship Application? I have not changed my address or made any updation. Usually I get the correspondence via email and just wondering what is going to be! Anyone had similar situation? Any Idea? Please share!

I was able to log in to MyCiC/GCKey but I could not link my account

Thanks!!!
I think I am the "other member" who got a correspondence via snail mail. We got the AOR via letter mail. We moved since we submitted interest to apply.
Try linking using Application number and applicant family name. That's the only combination that works for me.

oh. and SA is sponsor approval.