+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

REMM18

Aug 31, 2018
They may or may not asked to see your 2018 NOA unless they have reasons to believe that you may not meet the LICO in that year. I have not seen a case where CIC asked to see the 4th NOA. They process SA based on the information you already provided.

By the way, when you calculate your income, make sure you add EI parental income and Canada child benefit. Federal and provincial child benefits can add up to $6,000 depending on your combined income. CCB is not government assistance, as it is named "benefits" just like tax benefits. They used to have child tax credit for income tax purpose. But, it was replaced by CCB.
Thanks for quick response. I gave my SIN no. alone, so they can access tax return info from CRA. If they use the latest 3 years taxes filed, I hope its before April 2019. My EI+CCB alone is not enough to qualify.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for quick response. I gave my SIN no. alone, so they can access tax return info from CRA. If they use the latest 3 years taxes filed, I hope its before April 2019. My EI+CCB alone is not enough to qualify.
Did you have a co-signer for your application? Anyway, they probably won't look at your 2018 income. You also have a valid ground to appeal under "humanitarian and compassionate grounds", as you would have met LICO if you did not have a child and went on maternity leave. CIC or any federal government departments and agencies are sensitive to the context when they make decisions. It would be almost discriminatory to reject your application since you do not meet LICO simply because you had a child. But, I sincerely doubt that it will even get to that point.

So, just relax and take care of your baby. I'm sure all will be fine :)

sappi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
They may or may not asked to see your 2018 NOA unless they have reasons to believe that you may not meet the LICO in that year. I have not seen a case where CIC asked to see the 4th NOA. They process SA based on the information you already provided.

By the way, when you calculate your income, make sure you add EI parental income and Canada child benefit. Federal and provincial child benefits can add up to $6,000 depending on your combined income. CCB is not government assistance, as it is named "benefits" just like tax benefits. They used to have child tax credit for income tax purpose. But, it was replaced by CCB.
I agree they may or may not check income for 2018. Even though it is a requirement to maintain the required income till the application is complete, they usually only check till SA based on past cases like you suggested. However, CCB is not a taxable benefit and it is not reported in income. UCCB was not based on an individual's income and it was a taxable benefit that had to be reported on your return. CCB is based on family income and is non-taxable.

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Hello everyone! Just need some advice. Can my wife sponsor her parents if we had just sponsor our daughter recently? Any pointers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I applied my parents this 2nd round and i just recently sponsored my son he had visa already.. i got my aor last week but i don't know how it affect that ..

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I applied my parents this 2nd round and i just recently sponsored my son he had visa already.. i got my aor last week but i don't know how it affect that ..
Did you include him when you calculated LICO for PGP? If you did, you don't need to worry about it. Again, the answer is the same. LICO, LICO, LICO. Do you meet LICO even if you include your son? If the answer is "yes", there is nothing to worry about.

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Did you include him when you calculated LICO for PGP? If you did, you don't need to worry about it. Again, the answer is the same. LICO, LICO, LICO. Do you meet LICO even if you include your son? If the answer is "yes", there is nothing to worry about.
Yes i did! A little bit nervous to my sponsor approval lol..
But i meet my LICO for 3 years ..

carrcarr

Dec 17, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am new here and have 2 questions:
1. I am living by myself and my parents got divorced for 30 years. I want to sponsor one of them to immigrate to Canada. Should I meet 2 person LICO or 3 person LICO?
2. "To meet LICO" means "meet LICO amount x 1.3", is it correct?

Thanks.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am new here and have 2 questions:
1. I am living by myself and my parents got divorced for 30 years. I want to sponsor one of them to immigrate to Canada. Should I meet 2 person LICO or 3 person LICO?
2. "To meet LICO" means "meet LICO amount x 1.3", is it correct?

Thanks.
2 if you only want to sponsor one parent

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
line 130 update:
Requested: police certificate from China and Medical exam request.

I need help from experts. ;)

We got the police certificate from the notarized office in China. There is no expiry date on the police certificate. However, when I tried to upload to CIC My Account. The expiry date information is mandatory to key in though. Anyone has the same experience as me? What is the solution?

Thank you!
Hi, how can someone get police clearance from China?
My parents left China many many years ago and is no longer Chinese citizen. But they travel there every year.

They said they can’t get police clearance. They got it when they left China in 1998. That’s the only one.

Any advise ? Thanks !

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hello everyone!! Any pointers on this would be really helpful.

Thanks
did you receive any AOR ? it should mention in that letter which is your visa office.
AOR does not contain visa office. You need to wait until you get sponsorship approval (SA) to get local visa office assigned to your application.

If you do not know your visa office, it means you only have AOR. Did you receive PCC request from CIC? If that’s not the case, there’s no point in sending it since police clearance certificates are only good for 6 months. So, you will most likely have to send another one in the future anyway.

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Hi guys, just wanted to share some information regarding the Landing. I took my parents for an inland landing to the Etobicoke office on Dec 14th. We got there 30 mins early. I wasn't sure if I was to take another set of photographs for them as we had already attached the photographs with their PPR. I took two more copies of their photos anyway. When we walked into the immigration office, we were asked to show the invitation email/letter and their passport. You then take a token, and wait for your turn to go see the officer. The officer was very polite to my parents and recognized that they may have difficulty understanding him (I had also stated that as soon as I saw him at the counter). The sponsor has to be there obviously with the people who're landing. The officer asked each of my parent whether they had ever been convicted of a crime or if they were denied entry into Canada or if they were ever asked to leave Canada. Obviously, in our case the answer to those questions was NO. They signed their landing papers (one copy for self and one copy for immigrations). The end. Hope this information helps.

kone0801

May 26, 2018
My parents left China many many years ago and is no longer Chinese citizen. But they travel there every year.

They said they can’t get police clearance. They got it when they left China in 1998. That’s the only one.

Any advise ? Thanks !

All I can say getting police clearance from China is a painful process. Different places have different requirement.
The best thing is ask your parents to go to their hometown city directly.
Even CIC website mentioned POA is acceptable, but it's not the case at all.
Good luck!

DANNYCANADA

Sep 28, 2018

Any advise ? Thanks !
I am not sure what paper works required since your parents left China long time ago. I suggest to bring hukou, national ID, passport and the letter from IRCC. My case is pretty easy. My brother went to the police station last month and explained my parents are out of China. Then the clearance issued.