+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I have a question.
My friend got a Passport Submission for his parents. They are suppose to go and submit the passport to VFS office in India.
The issue is the email my friend got for passport submission only have primary applicant name and when we talk to VFS India on phone they said if the secondary applicant is not mentioned in the email they will not accept the 2nd applicant passport.

Want to know if any one got the Passport submission for parents PR.. what is the content of the email? Does it have names of all applicants?

Thanks
I'd ask to speak with the supervisor. All the correspondences will only mention primary applicants. So, you might want to take all the correspondences you got from CIC when you go to VFS. When they made decision, they made decision for both primary applicant and dependents. I'd be furious if I were you and I'd give them a piece of my mind.

One good thing is that you have so many different channels to address the issue. But, let's see if you can resolve it at the lowest level by showing correspondences from CIC and explaining that they go the wrong information. If that does not work, escalate it to the supervisor or contacting Canadian High Commission in India. Your MP and minister of citizenship and immigration can definitely help too. But, like I said, start at the lowest level.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi anyone have any information how to represent this kind of problem with immigration . My friend want to apply for visitor visa of his parents. One problem is that when he applied for pr of Canada and at that time in additional family declaration form he mentioned the date of birth of his mother different than her passport. Now how we can correct that mistake.
Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
Write an memo explaining the mistake he made and attach it to the application. Your birth certificate will also help, as it ties you and your parents in one paper with all the birthdays.

mzm26

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
I see this message in ECAS :
'We sent you correspondence on July 18, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.'

I have already submitted the required form back in July. Please advise.
My Ecas is showing same message but different dates. I called IRCC twice. The first time I was asked to wait till 30 days if I don't get any mail then I should call them as ask to look into this in detail. So I called them again just yesterday and upon investigation the agent told me this message was put on Ecas in error it is not meant for me but for their "internal system" and I shouldn't expect any correspondence or document request. She also told me my sponsorship application is in process and I will get message once the decision is being made. hopefully this helps.

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
SA = Sponsorship Approval (i.e CIC determined that you met the LICO etc.). SS = (Excel) Spreadsheet we made for this forum to track the progress of forum participants. It helps others to estimate how long ones applications could take and what the next step may be.

If you already received SA (sponsorship approval), then they would let you know when your application was transferred to LVO. This is what it looks like on my SA.

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in Singapore for further processing."

The day you received that letter informing you of where your application has been forwarded to, is the day when they moved your files to LVO. It will take a few more weeks for LVO to officially process (accept) it.
Thanks for replying. All I see is : 1. Application received on May 23rd 2018.
In oct- they sent an email confirming the application #. That's all.

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello all, I was part of this forum when I was trying to bring my husband and son and all of the people here were helpful and supportive. So we are all here but we calcutated and decide that will be cheeper and helpful to bring my mother in law here to stay with us and help with the house and my son rather spending enormous amount of money to baby sitters. The problem is I arrived in July and my husband in end of August. I work part time in many places and he doesnt work at the moment because he study english and look after our kid. So no income tax filled yet and for sure we dont cover minimal income. .since only one works. What our options??

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Isnit true that for 2019 ther will be not lottery but the first applications will be accepted??

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Isnit true that for 2019 ther will be not lottery but the first applications will be accepted??
There will be no lottery. BUT you need to meet the income requirement for the preceding 3 years (or 1 year if you live in Quebec).
It doesn't look like you meet that requirement.
They will give invitation to apply for the first 20,000 that submit interest to apply.
With the invitation, you still need to prepare the application and proof of income when you submit it. It doesn't mean that your application will be accepted just because it's first come first serve.

Toulele

May 16, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
There will be no lottery. BUT you need to meet the income requirement for the preceding 3 years (or 1 year if you live in Quebec).
It doesn't look like you meet that requirement.
They will give invitation to apply for the first 20,000 that submit interest to apply.
With the invitation, you still need to prepare the application and proof of income when you submit it. It doesn't mean that your application will be accepted just because it's first come first serve.

Tbanks for your reply. Do you think we ca bring her in summer with super visa and then in 3 years applied inland? Is there inland application as it is for spousal sponsoring?

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Actually in his mother case.they don’t have birth certificate because in his country there is no record of back days born people data. So only option is to provide a written memo with application. I guess. Or can we ask the cic people about this issue. ??i mean is this good to approach to cic people. to
Write an memo explaining the mistake he made and attach it to the application. Your birth certificate will also help, as it ties you and your parents in one paper with all the birthdays.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Tbanks for your reply. Do you think we ca bring her in summer with super visa and then in 3 years applied inland? Is there inland application as it is for spousal sponsoring?
I don't know much about super visa. But there is no "inland"/"outland" for PGP. At least for up to 2018.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018

Nope. There's no inland PGP application. You can send your PGP applications while your in-law is in Canada. But, she cannot stay in Canada like spousal applicants by extending TRV. She will eventually have to return to her home country as per super visa conditions (assuming she got super visa).

Anyway, you are thinking pretty far ahead. The bottom line is, you can sponsor your parents or grandparents if you meet LICO for 3 consecutive years prior to your sponsorship application. You do not meet LICO nor do you have 3 consecutive tax returns. So, you should focus on super visa first. Then worry about PGP a few years later.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thanks for replying. All I see is : 1. Application received on May 23rd 2018.
In oct- they sent an email confirming the application #. That's all.
Huh! In that case, you got AOR (Acknowledgement of receipt). The next step is SA. When you get SA, they will tell you where your application was sent to.

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
Can someone tell me what is the different to bankruptcy to consilidation debt?
What if you in process of consolidation debt can affect to your sponsor approval? Thanks .

bugsnette

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
Please update SS, received PPR Dec 11, ECAS status: Decision Made

Thanks!