+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

deep33

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Hi anyone have any information how to represent this kind of problem with immigration . My friend want to apply for visitor visa of his parents. One problem is that when he applied for pr of Canada and at that time in additional family declaration form he mentioned the date of birth of his mother different than her passport. Now how we can correct that mistake.
Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

hungrypanda0016

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
I see this message in ECAS :
'We sent you correspondence on July 18, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.'

I have already submitted the required form back in July. Please advise.

Ben0101

Star Member
Oct 11, 2013
If there's something wrong, they will notify you of that and ask for additional documents etc. Are you in SS?

Have you received SA? If you have, it means your LVO have received your files and changed it to "App Received" by LVO. If you have not received SA, they may be looking for additional documents.

-- What is SA,SS ? There are no details on if and when they moved to LVO.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello! I just got the medical request for my mom. She’s only given 30 days. She is not in her home country and is staying with my sister in Singapore. Can she proceed with the panel physician in Sing?
yes you can

bugsnette

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
I see this message in ECAS :
'We sent you correspondence on July 18, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.'

I have already submitted the required form back in July. Please advise.
If you have a CIC account you can see more detailed information regarding your file.

bugsnette

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
Hello! I just got the medical request for my mom. She’s only given 30 days. She is not in her home country and is staying with my sister in Singapore. Can she proceed with the panel physician in Sing?
Yes, she can do medical in Singapore as long as it is on the approved list of Panel Physician

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
I have a question.
My friend got a Passport Submission for his parents. They are suppose to go and submit the passport to VFS office in India.
The issue is the email my friend got for passport submission only have primary applicant name and when we talk to VFS India on phone they said if the secondary applicant is not mentioned in the email they will not accept the 2nd applicant passport.

Want to know if any one got the Passport submission for parents PR.. what is the content of the email? Does it have names of all applicants?

Thanks
looks like you have idiots in VFS India
Letter always mentioned only PA, Dep is part of case

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hey all,

My ECAS shows status "decision made" for both the sponsor and the applicant, however the applicant hasn't received a passport request yet. Can anyone please clarify how do you normally receive passport instructions? I assume it will be emailed, right? Thanks in advance.
when did you get DM?
I've got PPR next working day

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
I know it can be confusing if you are trying to link to MyCiC A/C using UCI from citizenship certificate. Wait until you get AOR. Then, you can link it using the application number that comes with AOR. There's no point in linking your application right now anyway. It won't make your application process faster.

If they need more information or documents, CIC will contact you using the email and phone number you provided. So, relax and wait for AOR. Then, think about linking.
Thanks so much. I will wait for AOR. I am relaxed now :)

Margiela

Apr 3, 2014
when did you get DM?
I've got PPR next working day
I saw that the status has changed on Monday however I am not entirely sure when exactly it happened since I don't check ECAS every day. So does PPR come via email? Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that it will come shortly!

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
-- What is SA,SS ? There are no details on if and when they moved to LVO.
SA = Sponsorship Approval (i.e CIC determined that you met the LICO etc.). SS = (Excel) Spreadsheet we made for this forum to track the progress of forum participants. It helps others to estimate how long ones applications could take and what the next step may be.

If you already received SA (sponsorship approval), then they would let you know when your application was transferred to LVO. This is what it looks like on my SA.

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in Singapore for further processing."

The day you received that letter informing you of where your application has been forwarded to, is the day when they moved your files to LVO. It will take a few more weeks for LVO to officially process (accept) it.